Dow just blew through 16k

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
The DOW just dropped below 16k with a -460 point drop for the day......so far....

Remains to be seen if it recovers. However, it [DOW] has given back 3k points in the past week....Approaching a 10% decline in year over year.....

It's all manipulated anyway...it is interesting when they start to lose their grip on it, though....like now.

It's all manipulated anyway...it is interesting when they start to lose their grip on it, though....like now.
A 3k drop in the Bush Admin would have brought out every progressive doomsayer in the country......

so far, not a peep......That is My focus......how long before the news outlets begin to make this out to be the president's fault?

BTW....WTI Oil is under 40.....wonder if gas will reflect this?

China's economy is going a little bad. This will have an impact on the world. How far it goes is difficult to predict, the CCP doesn't want it to go bad, but how much can they control it is another thing?

The DOW just dropped below 16k with a -460 point drop for the day......so far....

Remains to be seen if it recovers. However, it [DOW] has given back 3k points in the past week....Approaching a 10% decline in year over year.....
No surprise. The stock market has been over-valued for a very long time. Besides, it's all nothing more than legalized gambling anyway. There's a huge difference between investors and traders. Investors want to see a company grow, and traders just want to make a quick buck. Right now, stocks are an inflated market.

No surprise. The stock market has been over-valued for a very long time. Besides, it's all nothing more than legalized gambling anyway. There's a huge difference between investors and traders. Investors want to see a company grow, and traders just want to make a quick buck. Right now, stocks are an inflated market.

I took out a 401k loan 2 months ago to pay for my wedding, looks like I'll be buying back those shares at a discount for a while.

My 401k value is going to take a hit, but I'm only 40 so dips happen, and cheaper fund shares are more of a benefit than the losses I am taking from market value loss.

I took out a 401k loan 2 months ago to pay for my wedding, looks like I'll be buying back those shares at a discount for a while.

My 401k value is going to take a hit, but I'm only 40 so dips happen, and cheaper fund shares are more of a benefit than the losses I am taking from market value loss.
OK

However, it [DOW] has given back 3k points in the past week

1200, not 3000 points.
Less than 1000 over the last year.

Since we've done nothing but non-stop Quantitative Easing for the last seven years...with the Fed keeping interest rates at near zero so that the stock market would artificially bubble...the Fed now has almost no arrows left in it's "quiver" to address a floundering Wall Street.

There should have been a gradual raising of interest rates so that we didn't find ourselves in this position. Bad fiscal policy always comes back to bite you in the ass eventually. Bend over, Kiddies...

Yep, been expecting this for a while

Since we've done nothing but non-stop Quantitative Easing for the last seven years...with the Fed keeping interest rates at near zero so that the stock market would artificially bubble...the Fed now has almost no arrows left in it's "quiver" to address a floundering Wall Street.

There should have been a gradual raising of interest rates so that we didn't find ourselves in this position. Bad fiscal policy always comes back to bite you in the ass eventually. Bend over, Kiddies...

Since we've done nothing but non-stop Quantitative Easing for the last seven years...

QE ended last October.

Yep, been expecting this for a while
I've been expecting it for several years. But, there has been way too much borrowed money floating through the economy. Soon, the money will dry up, and stocks will come closer to reflecting their true value. In addition, don't forget foreign money pouring into stocks. It's not just American money boosting the stock market.

I guess Obama can't hide how bad the economy is anymore.

Maybe they can write a bunch of stories about how it's bad for the Dow to be over 5000.

Forum List

Back