DOW down 537 points ..no confidence in lame duck admin

rdean is overemphasizing the SA interest in our shale industry.

The Saudis are trying to break the Russian and Iranian economic structures and may well do it.

I wonder how big a mess Trump will inherit from Obama?

he won't.... it's a Chinese mess.

but I know... you'd like him to be the loser bush was.

Yeah, now it's the Chinese. Obama only is responsible for everything good

i know you 'understand the relationship between a drop in the chinese market and our own stock market?

i really lose patience with this type of silliness

Stick with stuff you know.

When President Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the Dow Jones Industrial Average slumped to 7,949.09, the lowest inaugural performance for the Dow since its creation.
currently it's 15,849.71
And?

Why do you suppose the market has done what it has done?

I look forward to your analysis.
Prior to 2009, Bush was president. After 2009, Obama is president.

Derp's analysis fails
You mean Bush wasn't president prior to 2009? Really? I'm pretty sure you are wrong.

Libs here still believe Bush is President...

When President Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the Dow Jones Industrial Average slumped to 7,949.09, the lowest inaugural performance for the Dow since its creation.
currently it's 15,849.71
And?

Why do you suppose the market has done what it has done?

I look forward to your analysis.
Prior to 2009, Bush was president. After 2009, Obama is president.

Derp's analysis fails
You mean Bush wasn't president prior to 2009? Really? I'm pretty sure you are wrong.

Libs here still believe Bush is President...

Low Information Voters = Ds

The US stock market does not open until Monday mourning at 9:30 AM EST and closes at 4:00 PM EST. Look at the futures to give a guess what happens Monday morning.

edit: Stop Loss is like being rammed in the rear end but the car is not totaled.
edit: The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli explains it all.

Last edited:
What the hell was Barry Hussein thinking when he personally lifted sanctions on Iran? Oil prices are down to below 30 per barrel and Iran is poised to dump trillions of gallons of oil on the market.

Canada is seeing their currency devalue from the oil crash, and Texas economy will slow down with the drop of oil...

It is going to be a long year but hey the dollar is stronger...

Strong dollar could send oil to $20 a barrel

3 reasons oil prices are plunging again

China is wreaking havoc and a split OPEC is not helping oil prices along with a stronger dollar...
which hurts ALL the oil countries in the middle east!!! hooray!

texas who has diversified their economy the past 20 years, will handle the drop imo...

You nailed it on the Middle East part and only countries like Saudi Arabia can handle the slide to a point but it is taking money out of ISIL hands and countries like Iran and Russia will suffer even more with the drop of prices in oil.

As for Texas, it is true they have diversified their economy but oil still is a big factor for this state I live in, and the energy sector in Houston is feeling the pinch.

It will be a long year but it will be nothing like 2008 or when the oil prices plunged in the 1980's...

Everyone should study Maaceli

Iran isn't dumping oil, it's Saudi Arabia.

And don't expect them to stop untill one of the following happens:

1. US Shale and Fracking Industries are completely destroyed.
2. Saudi Leadership is overthrown.

The Saudis aren't our friends.
I'm not certain the Saudis are trying to bust our shale industry.... I think they are trying to hurt Iran and Russia etc. perhaps, and the rest of the world's oil industries are just collateral damage...

As much as the Saudi's have lost due to the dumping, is way way more than the emerging shale industry would harm them over the next 20 years....
They are trying to bust our shale industry. Believe it.

They can't "bust" our shale industry silly. They can slow it, even cause some shutdowns. But they can't break it. It'll always be there. So long as the need is there.

Bernie Sanders for president

currently it's 15,849.71
The result of trillions of dollars of government spending and a Fed imposing ZIRP. Who benefited?

The US stock market does not open until Monday mourning at 9:30 AM EST and closes at 4:00 PM EST. Look at the futures to give a guess what happens Monday morning.

edit: Stop Loss is like being rammed in the rear end but the car is not totaled.
edit: The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli explains it all.
Market timing almost never works and usually burns the small investor. Ride it out.

Lets start hearing the Excuses for the Obama over this happening. I'm sure they will be doozies. If this happened under Bush OBama would be wailing how it's his fault

So with the dow back up to 18,000.....does that mean that the market has confidence in Obama?

If you listen carefully you can hear the chirping crickets that are what's left of our local conservative's arguments.

Forum List

Back