DOW Closing In On 25,000.Who Will Dems/Liberals/Liberal Hosts Give All Credit To?

Confidence and attitude. No "who".

So I guess there was a lot of confidence under Obama, since the stock market gained so much during his 2 terms. Right?

Wrong. Recovery is not gain. Business was so regulated under Obama that actual growth was impossible.

Trump is not responsible for the current rise, but the fact of his election.
we have gone from 8 years of 0.1% growth under Obama to 3.0 under Trump, and yet the left is giving Obama most of the credit? may as well give Nixon the credit as well !!
The job reports are higher under Oblama's last 5 years than Trump's first...But it's still good nudes....Except the energy and ag industries are struggling because of deflation...
well at least the 5.00hr hoes can finally start working at McDonalds for 9.50 hr
And all the free fries you can eat that are dropped on the floor..

When something good happens, it's because of what my side has done.

When something bad happens, it's because of what your side has done.

Partisan Politics 101. Required curriculum.

Well you tell me... what would any small business owner think of a president who said the following?
"Bankruptcy" ok? higher gas prices ok? utility rates skyrocket ok? More foreign oil dependency OK?

Obamaantibusiness.png

When something good happens, it's because of what my side has done.

When something bad happens, it's because of what your side has done.

Partisan Politics 101. Required curriculum.

Well you tell me... what would any small business owner think of a president who said the following?
"Bankruptcy" ok? higher gas prices ok? utility rates skyrocket ok? More foreign oil dependency OK?

View attachment 169553
When have prices never increased in the last 25 years?

In your expert opinion, who do you give credit to when the stock market goes up or down?

Confidence and attitude. No "who".

So I guess there was a lot of confidence under Obama, since the stock market gained so much during his 2 terms. Right?

Wrong. Recovery is not gain. Business was so regulated under Obama that actual growth was impossible.

Trump is not responsible for the current rise, but the fact of his election is.

Thanks President Trump! Look at "all those gains under you". Not like under that last guy who was president before you.

dow-obama-trump.png
trump-chart-trillion.png

Read it and weep--I guess.

Why does your chart only show since Trump took over?

Read it and weep--I guess.

That increase is less of a % than the increase Obama had after his first year:

1/20/09: 7,949.09
12/31/09: 10,428.05
+31%

1/20/17: 19,827.25
12/31/17: 24,837.51
+25%

Is 31% > or < 25%?

Trump is not responsible for the current rise, but the fact of his election.
we have gone from 8 years of 0.1% growth under Obama to 3.0 under Trump, and yet the left is giving Obama most of the credit? may as well give Nixon the credit as well !!
The job reports are higher under Oblama's last 5 years than Trump's first...But it's still good nudes....Except the energy and ag industries are struggling because of deflation...
well at least the 5.00hr hoes can finally start working at McDonalds for 9.50 hr
And all the free fries you can eat that are dropped on the floor..
i dont eat at those fast food places with that 5 minute "Drop Rule". I think in Asia, its a 30 minute limit if any food hits the floor. yeech! I cant eat a dirty dog burger

To illustrate Obama's failure, obviously.

No, it's because you didn't want to show that Trump grew the market by a smaller % than Obama did in his first year.

And Trump also created the fewest jobs since 2012, maybe 2010 depending on December's jobs report.

Of course it's easy to pick the first year, because the percent change is greatest right after a recession when confidence is returning to the markets. Why not pick the first 6 months?

Job Gains In 2017 Lag 2016 Numbers By An Average Of 13,000 Per Month, Agency Says : The Two-Way U.S. jobs growth has averaged 174,000 per month so far in2017, compared to an average monthly gain of 187,000 in 2016, the Bureau of Labor Statistics says.Dec 8, 2017
November Jobs Report: Economy Adds 228,000 Jobs; Unemployment Steady

OK, I will bite! Give us the discrepancy between full, and part time jobs between the 2 years, then we can discuss it.

Also, tell us the wage increases between the 2. That is the mothers milk of expansion.

Of course it's easy to pick the first year, because the percent change is greatest right after a recession when confidence is returning to the markets. Why not pick the first 6 months?

So here's a perfect example of what Conservatives always do; when confronted with the realities that the numbers don't match their bragging, they try to redefine the parameters of what's being measured or discussed in order to cast themselves in a favorable light. But funny thing is, even doing that you're still fucking wrong.

1/20/09: 7,949.09
7/20/09: 8,848.15
+ 11%

1/20/17: 19,732.40
7/20/17: 21,612.00
+ 10%

Is 11% > or < 10%?

DOW Closing In On 25,000.Who Will Dems/Liberals/Liberal Hosts Give All Credit To?

I give all credit to the Federal Reserve and their massive QE program.

All that inflationary cash had to go somewhere.

does anyone recall the DOW even coming close to 19,000 during the Obama years?

You fucking idiot, the Dow closed at 19,732 the day Obama left office.

For fuck's sake, are you too fucking lazy to Google search the DJIA close?

To illustrate Obama's failure, obviously.

No, it's because you didn't want to show that Trump grew the market by a smaller % than Obama did in his first year.

And Trump also created the fewest jobs since 2012, maybe 2010 depending on December's jobs report.

So let's summarize what happened with this thread:
  • I said that Obama grew the market more in his first year than Trump did
  • You whined that it wasn't fair for me to count the year because, apparently, a recession skews growth (?)
  • You whined that we should look at the first six months
  • Even in the first six months, Obama outpaced Trump on market growth

Forum List

Back