Double Standard

The Double standard,

I think there are a couple of elements to consider in connection with European anti-Semitism and a double standard of behavior.

Firstly, WW2 was not so long ago to have removed the memories and damage done to Jews by Hitler, Mussolini and Al-Husseini.

Secondly, with the affects of islamism being felt across Europe, there is now a wellspring of anti-Semitism that rises from the muhammedan element. Jews and Israel are constantly reviled in islamic media and culture, as is the United States. America the Great Satan, while Israel is the Little Satan. The anti-Semitism, institutionalized misogyny and suppression of free speech, and virulent, xenophobic hatred is mind-boggling in this day and age, when in my country we worry about offending people who have come here illegally. Salman Rushdie and others have had holy contracts out on their lives for writing books and novels which the muhammedans consider to be blasphemous. Anti-Semitic and anti-American television programming are de rigueur in the Islamic world where, basically, hatred and murder in God's name are righteous and just, because that's what God wants—he told Muhammad (swish) as much. The koran verifies this. Because it comes from God, according to muhammud (swish).

Last edited:
montelatici, Daniyel, et al,

Actually, this is not truly a "double standard;" but a precedence relative to the acceptance of territorial borders.

The Double standard,
The only double standard is that the EU allows imports from occupied Palestine and asks for them to be labeled as such, while the EU completely bans any trade with occupied Crimea.
"EU imposes a ban on imports of Crimean goods"
(COMMENT)

This is really a political move.

This is the same strategy as "the Prohibition of Political Interference Act, 1968 (Act No. 51 of 1968; also known as the Prohibition of Improper Interference Act, and later renamed the Prohibition of Foreign Financing of Political Parties Act) was a piece of apartheid legislation in South Africa that sought to prevent racial groups from collaborating with each other for a political purpose. This act is thought to have been enacted by the ruling apartheid government to prevent the strong growth of the Liberal Party of South Africa (LPSA), which were made up of South Africans of various races who were against the racially divisive policies of the Apartheid regime government."

This is clearly both a political and diplomatic win for the Palestinians. It linked the border issue with the apartheid issue. It was a very good maneuver. (Hats off to them.) But it is a double-edge sword. The Countermove (most likely will be): It is unlikely that Israel will ever consider negotiations now for the return of the settlement territories. The EU has tainted the arbitration process and injected a variable that has made it impossible to overcome. So, the settlement territory will not be annexed, but instead, will remain a protectorate or unincorporated territory forever; as a conditioned forced by the EU decision which was a de facto determination as to the borders of Israel without a negotiated Peace Treaty.

Wikipedia said:
A protectorate, in its inception adopted by modern international law, is a dependent territory that has been granted local autonomy and some independence while still retaining the suzerainty of a greater sovereign state. In exchange for this, the protectorate usually accepts specified obligations, which may vary greatly, depending on the real nature of their relationship. Therefore, a protectorate remains an autonomous part of a sovereign state. They are different from colonies as they have local rulers and people ruling over the territory and experience rare cases of immigration of settlers from the country it has suzerainty of. However, a state which remains under the protection of another state but still retains independence is known as a protected state and is different from protectorates.

Most Respectfully,
R

Israel has never had any intention to relinquish the West Bank, much less the settlements. I don't see this as changing anything. The two-state solution has not been an option for a long time.

Israel has never had any intention to relinquish the West Bank, much less the settlements. I don't see this as changing anything. The two-state solution has not been an option for a long time.

Israel does not equal Netanyahu. Many Israeli leaders were willing to relinquish the West Bank in the past.

The Hamas Charter and Arab intransigence precludes a two state solution.

What precludes a two-state solution is Israel's intention not to allow a sovereign Palestinian state to be established.

I Wrote this post earlier as a reply to Jeremiah thread, for some reason it turned into a thread under my name,what's going on?

who can blame them. (not wanting to relinquish stuff to Muslims).

once in their hands....there goes the neighborhood.

The Double standard,

I think there are a couple of elements to consider in connection with European anti-Semitism and a double standard of behavior.

Firstly, WW2 was not so long ago to have removed the memories and damage done to Jews by Hitler, Mussolini and Al-Husseini.

Secondly, with the affects of islamism being felt across Europe, there is now a wellspring of anti-Semitism that rises from the muhammedan element. Jews and Israel are constantly reviled in islamic media and culture, as is the United States. America the Great Satan, while Israel is the Little Satan. The anti-Semitism, institutionalized misogyny and suppression of free speech, and virulent, xenophobic hatred is mind-boggling in this day and age, when in my country we worry about offending people who have come here illegally. Salman Rushdie and others have had holy contracts out on their lives for writing books and novels which the muhammedans consider to be blasphemous. Anti-Semitic and anti-American television programming are de rigueur in the Islamic world where, basically, hatred and murder in God's name are righteous and just, because that's what God wants—he told Muhammad (swish) as much. The koran verifies this. Because it comes from God, according to muhammud (swish).

You FORGOT TO MENTION THE CRIMES AGAINST JEWS IN WW2>>BY THOSE BASTARDS THE ZIONISTS AND GERMAN JEWISH BOARD OF DEPUTIES.......................THE WORST ANTI-SEMITES OF ALL.

"Capital Letters for Emphaisis sic Only......"

The Double standard,

If Israel are so hung up,they should not export anywhere......what the Real situation here is Danny,is that Israel do NOT want to admit that there are occupied lands because the Israeli Government NEVER intend to give this OCCUPIED Palestinian Land back........This is the Double Standard.

and Hyprocricy

The Double standard,

If Israel are so hung up,they should not export anywhere......what the Real situation here is Danny,is that Israel do NOT want to admit that there are occupied lands because the Israeli Government NEVER intend to give this OCCUPIED Palestinian Land back........This is the Double Standard.

and Hyprocricy

The only territory dispute out of hundred.. but here is the point - to you this step seems reasonable since Israel isn't planning on giving it back and it belongs to the Palestinians yet EU already stated that all together which makes it pointless to ever initiate negotiations and this subject is far deeply sealed, so what were they thinking? A technical detail? Please, this is a political spin.
List of territorial disputes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I Wrote this post earlier as a reply to Jeremiah thread, for some reason it turned into a thread under my name,what's going on?
You're famous.
Hmm I get it now, new way to keep posts on topic :D (flacaltenn I see what you did there)

I have to chat with other Mods to somehow WARN folks when this happens. So they don't think their going crazy and can't remember creating that thread. :biggrin:

Just as a side note (and apologies to Daniyel) - when I moved the post into a thread I included a note that should have gone to Daniyel explaining - the move (part of the options in that module) - but I guess he didn't get it?

You're famous.
Hmm I get it now, new way to keep posts on topic :D (flacaltenn I see what you did there)

I have to chat with other Mods to somehow WARN folks when this happens. So they don't think their going crazy and can't remember creating that thread. :biggrin:

Just as a side note (and apologies to Daniyel) - when I moved the post into a thread I included a note that should have gone to Daniyel explaining - the move (part of the options in that module) - but I guess he didn't get it?
I did, I just read my notes chronologically so at first I read the quotes to the post itself then the note, thanks.

Forum List

Back