Doomsday Pope warns man's greed will destroy world

When the Pope teaches ex cathedra on faith and morals he is infallible, says the Catholic Church.

Otherwise, he is as prone to ignorance as any other man, especially when he talks about economics.

Leftists like the Pope are completely ignorant about economics.

They think they can just wish things to happen, and that will make them come true.

But guess what, you need money to grow food. Farmers aren't going to work for free.

This Pope seems to think we can just give free food to everyone, and somehow it will all work out.

You still fail to address the question.

Is "greed" the same thing as "capitalism", or is it not?

Nothing kills a man's soul faster than providing him with free food, shelter, and clothing, so that all his needs are completely met.

That's why all kids grow up with "dead souls" huh?
Yes, but I did not say "child" I said "MAN". Pay attention.

I know you did. What's the difference? Where do you draw the line? It's the same question of human nature in both cases, is it not?

And what about women?

Nothing kills a man's soul faster than providing him with free food, shelter, and clothing, so that all his needs are completely met.
The church and bible and Christ teaches that nothing CURES a man's soul more, than providing these neediest of humans, with food, shelter, and clothing. I am actually surprised that you didn't know this...?

May I remind you of the parable of the sheep and the goats, the final judgement of the nations...

Matthew 25:31-46New International Version (NIV)
The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

The Pope, from what you posted is not talking about communism or free food....he's talking about greed....GREED that drives food prices up higher, so high that it keeps the neediest, without food that they can afford...the greed of ''speculating'', of gambling against food being cheaper...the greed of certain corporations in the ''seed'' business, the greed of food manipulation that makes prices rise....not due to a natural supply and demand but through mere manipulation....

Seems to me, this POPE is actually the only one telling the truth about what is truly going on out there...

He seems to be doing his calling....as best as he can....?

Last edited:
The Obama of Popes, a man who is against the very Institution he represents
On the contrary. The Pope's message mirrors the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Maybe Jesus the leafblower. Jesus came to remind people of their connection to God. He never talked about Romans paying their "Fair Share'

Try to have at least some passing familiarity with any of the Gospels before posting your ideas

He is wrong. The breakdown of the family is what will destroy the world.

greed is a symptom

greed is a symptom

You're saying this 'breakdown of the family' precedes greed?

If that's the case then one who has no family is incapable of greed, right?

Just like old times! Caan killing his brother, Joseph sold into slavery by his siblings, Lot's daughters banging their old dad! Ah those good old days eh?

Without the actions of private entrepeneurs, food would not get to the market. The Pope is attacking the very people who put food on the table. He is wrong, dead wrong, and he should not talk about topics of which he is ignorant.

Without the actions of private entrepeneurs, food would not get to the market. The Pope is attacking the very people who put food on the table. He is wrong, dead wrong, and he should not talk about topics of which he is ignorant.

So "people who put food on the table" are the same thing as "greed" (which is what the article actually says)?

So "people who put food on the table" are the same thing as "greed" (which is what the article actually says)?
I know what the article said. The Pope is being a useful idiot for the Communists. Pope John Paul II is up in heaven, rolling his eyes with despair.

The Obama of Popes, a man who is against the very Institution he represents
On the contrary. The Pope's message mirrors the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Maybe Jesus the leafblower. Jesus came to remind people of their connection to God. He never talked about Romans paying their "Fair Share'

Try to have at least some passing familiarity with any of the Gospels before posting your ideas

Uhh.... why would a citizen of a colony of Rome be talking about its ruler "paying its fair share"?
Especially Rome, which never took kindly to its authority being challenged. You could get crucified for that.

I know what the article said. The Pope is being a useful idiot for the Communists. Pope John Paul II is up in heaven, rolling his eyes with despair.

So you have no answer -- you can't explain the bridge to your conclusion.

Link to JP rolling his eyes? And what "communists" would these be? Considering that none were mentioned?

What I'm saying is the the Pope is a Communist, for all intents and purposes. He has just made that crystal clear.

20 November 2014 - 16H08
Doomsday pope warns man's greed will destroy world

f65e5cae4db51016a8835e7b1af277302da8aad9.jpg

I guess he doesn't believe that Jesus is going to return anytime soon to make it all better. I suppose he has good reason to be concerned. For as long as the church that he leads keeps churning out gullible dingbats who profess to believe that God can be handed out like a cheap snack food and eaten there will always be plentiful herds of easy prey for the greedy to victimize.... and he isn't going to do a damn thing about that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back