Don'T tread on me...subversive

eots

no fly list
Jan 6, 2007
IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
Big Government Security: Don't Tread on Me bumpersticker got driver detained in Louisiana

According to the driver's relative, A Police Officer said the bumper sticker on the car saying "Don't Tread on Me" had a "subversive" message. The relative also said the driver (now a suspect) was investigated for "extremeist" activity in Ball, LA.

The DHS report released by Homeland Security about "right-wing extremism" just a few weeks earlier, cites individuals who sport certain bumper stickers on their vehicles as suspect, and it was delivered to tens of thousands of local law enforcement officers across the nation.

Repubx | Big Government Security: Don't Tread on Me bumpersticker got driver detained in Louisiana

Yeah the wacky right will believe anything!

Who needs evidence, all you've got to do is believe!

Two problems, first, if the right wants to claim this as being some proof then I have to swing a little more to the left again, seriously, this sounds about as honest as alien invasions. Secondly, the right is just as fucking guilty of censorship as the left. It's another issue where both sides are whining about the other side doing something while doing it themselves.

Who needs evidence when they have been through there and have the actual first hand experience of what happens there.

Who needs evidence when they have been through there and have the actual first hand experience of what happens there.[/QUOTE

Are you saying that you personally have been through there? If it is not you then you need evidence, or I guess you can simply 'believe'.

i have never been pulled for my bumperstickers....and i have plenty...go to i want thread i have pics of the new messageboard sticker there and the others are there too

I have been through there, yeah, they called us hippies and punks. It was a nightmare, all because we were in a junky little blue Datson ... oh wait! It wasn't left wing cops, those were right wing cops. Damn, so close.

Who needs evidence when they have been through there and have the actual first hand experience of what happens there.

Are you saying that you personally have been through there? If it is not you then you need evidence, or I guess you can simply 'believe'.
Yes I have been through there several times. My daughter called me one year while we were still in Texas. We had not headed East yet. She had watched the news show on people getting their vehicles snagged. She wanted us to go around Louisianna. She was sure they would snag mom in her new pickup. (it was a four door decked to the max) I told her I'd be fine. My parents were driving their pickup with a camper on it. We were headed to Rod's and mine little spot down in Florida.

A trooper came out of no where up behind me. (we were going exactly 55) He'd passed mom and dad going about a hundred. He sat at my tail long enough to run my plates, see the big dogs in the back seat and then passed on by.....

My dad was pretty upset about it. He said when we pulled over, "He was after your new truck. I wonder what changed his mind?" It was either the dogs or the corporate plate. You guess.

Big Government Security: Don't Tread on Me bumpersticker got driver detained in Louisiana

According to the driver's relative, A Police Officer said the bumper sticker on the car saying "Don't Tread on Me" had a "subversive" message. The relative also said the driver (now a suspect) was investigated for "extremeist" activity in Ball, LA.

The DHS report released by Homeland Security about "right-wing extremism" just a few weeks earlier, cites individuals who sport certain bumper stickers on their vehicles as suspect, and it was delivered to tens of thousands of local law enforcement officers across the nation.

Repubx | Big Government Security: Don't Tread on Me bumpersticker got driver detained in Louisiana

... and an un-named town!
that LOOKS like a town to me
;)

Funny, this is the first time Ive ever seen anyone from the left concerned about evidence.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Are You a Domestic Terrorist?

As a public service, we present today's self-help quiz, aimed at assessing you as a possible security risk. Please answer "yes" or "no" to the following questions:

-- Do you oppose abortion?

-- Are you against illegal immigration?

-- Did you vote for Ron Paul last year?

-- Do you believe in conspiracy theories?

-- Still have a "Harry Browne for President" sticker on your car?

-- Are you a veteran of the armed forces?

-- Were you upset by Barack Obama's election to the presidency?

Congratulations; if you responded affirmatively to any--or all--of these questions, then you might be considered a domestic terrorist by the Department of Homeland Security and local law enforcement agencies. As reported by Audrey Hudson and Eli Lake of the Washington Times, DHS recently published a nine-page assessment on "Rightwing Extremism" that appears to lump many traditional conservatives in the ranks of potential terrorist.

In From the Cold: Are You a Domestic Terrorist?

Federal agency warns of radicals on right

Federal agency warns of radicals on right - Washington Times

I find this sense of persecution that some of the rightists are going through almost amusing.

They were so sanguine when it was happening to other Americans, weren't they?

They so signed onto that kind of legal harassment thing and they supported laws which gave the cops the right to fuck with people.

Now they're finally beginning to understand that bad laws are bad laws for EVERYBODY.

There is no such mention of bumper stickers in the DHS report.

DHS Report on Right Wing Extremism

Lying lies and the liars who tell them. Gee, I saw it on the Internet, so it must be true.

Forum List

Back