If Hannity were "man on the street"

mattskramer

Apr 11, 2004
Texas
I wish that Hannity and his team would interview me on his “man on the street segment”. The way that he applies the slippery slope strategy to the point of his guests practically admitting to being Marxists is silly. Some of his guests must be hired plants or his segments must be pre-recorded or edited. Here is what I see happening if his game were played on him:

“Mr. Hannity. You are a conservative, right? You want less of government taxing. Government should keep out of the private sector to help free enterprise, right. Ma and pa stores should be free of so much government intrusion. Private business should not have to put up with so many government runes and regulations – let freedom ring – right on! Things like EMTALA are a silly nonsense, right?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“Do you even know what EMTALA means?”

“No, but if it is a meddlesome government rule costing private businesses a lot of time and money, then we should not have it.”

“So, as long as there is not fraud and theft involved, businesses should be free to do as they please, right?

“Right on!”

“Well, EMTALA stands for ‘Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act’. It requires hospitals and ambulance services to provide care to anyone needing emergency treatment regardless of ability to pay. So, what you are essentially saying is that hospitals should be free to practically push people who are facing immediate life-threatening dire medical emergencies to the curb if they are unable to pay.”

“Hospitals wouldn’t do that”.

“That is not the point. They might or they might not. You contend that they should be free to do so.”

“Well, uh…perhaps they should not be allowed to dump needy poor patients.”

“Oh, but then you are not a pure-blood conservative laissez-faire capitalist, are you? Those people that you interview on the street are probably not 100 percent Marxists either. Don’t you see that the issue does not come down to whether or not to draw the line, but where to draw the line? Can’t you stop the silly hype and hyperbole on your show – probably not.”

Hannity is about the least credible person on TV. His latest is to attack Obama for what condiments he puts on his hambuger, he asked for 'dijon' mustard. Oh my god! a french word!!!

I wish that Hannity and his team would interview me on his “man on the street segment”. The way that he applies the slippery slope strategy to the point of his guests practically admitting to being Marxists is silly. Some of his guests must be hired plants or his segments must be pre-recorded or edited. Here is what I see happening if his game were played on him:

“Mr. Hannity. You are a conservative, right? You want less of government taxing. Government should keep out of the private sector to help free enterprise, right. Ma and pa stores should be free of so much government intrusion. Private business should not have to put up with so many government runes and regulations – let freedom ring – right on! Things like EMTALA are a silly nonsense, right?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“Do you even know what EMTALA means?”

“No, but if it is a meddlesome government rule costing private businesses a lot of time and money, then we should not have it.”

“So, as long as there is not fraud and theft involved, businesses should be free to do as they please, right?

“Right on!”

“Well, EMTALA stands for ‘Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act’. It requires hospitals and ambulance services to provide care to anyone needing emergency treatment regardless of ability to pay. So, what you are essentially saying is that hospitals should be free to practically push people who are facing immediate life-threatening dire medical emergencies to the curb if they are unable to pay.”

“Hospitals wouldn’t do that”.

“That is not the point. They might or they might not. You contend that they should be free to do so.”

“Well, uh…perhaps they should not be allowed to dump needy poor patients.”

“Oh, but then you are not a pure-blood conservative laissez-faire capitalist, are you? Those people that you interview on the street are probably not 100 percent Marxists either. Don’t you see that the issue does not come down to whether or not to draw the line, but where to draw the line? Can’t you stop the silly hype and hyperbole on your show – probably not.”

Hannity controls the discource. When he confronts folks who actually know what they are talking about, he'll talk over them for a couple minutes and them cut them off.

Hannity is about the least credible person on TV. His latest is to attack Obama for what condiments he puts on his hambuger, he asked for 'dijon' mustard. Oh my god! a french word!!!

What do your expect? Neither Hannity, nor any of the other right wing-nut punditocracy, have anything else to kvetch about. Rather than debate the real issues, they focus on the trivial.

What do your expect? Neither Hannity, nor any of the other right wing-nut punditocracy, have anything else to kvetch about. Rather than debate the real issues, they focus on the trivial.

kinda like Rhoads and all the other left wing-nut punditocratics out there

What a surprise, leftists attacking people instead of the issues they stand for. Who would have ever expected them to attack the messenger? Not me obviously. I would have thought they would counteact anything they did find stupid with facts and argument. but no. Let's just attack Hannity.

If he is all you claim he is, why do waste your time talking about him?

At least mattskramer attempted to make a point... then his own liberal brethren came in and turned his thread into a frothing at the mouth insult fest against Hannity, pretty much putting on full display what kind of hypocrites they are.

Nice job sports. :lol:

I figure hannity edits man in the street to about the same degree that they edit. Are you smarter than a fifth grader.

I suspect Hannity would still do better with that kind of ambush than most of the leftist here would.

What a surprise, leftists attacking people instead of the issues they stand for. Who would have ever expected them to attack the messenger? Not me obviously. I would have thought they would counteact anything they did find stupid with facts and argument. but no. Let's just attack Hannity.

and most of all....why listen to his show if you cant stand him?

and most of all....why listen to his show if you cant stand him?
it would seem they pay more attentions to Sean and Rush than most conservatives do

half the time I'd never know about these controversial statements if they hadn't posted them

kinda like Rhoads and all the other left wing-nut punditocratics out there

Yes, except the left wing "punditocratics" are generally marginalized and ignored. And Hannity makes himself available to attack when he rambles on and on, and generally acts like a douche.

and what does a FUDGE PACKER look and act like?.....

Fudge_Packer.jpg

I'm only doing this as a public service.

Sarah told me Hannity has a board, why not go bitch about him there?

I’ve been there and done that – sort of. I learned that even if you question Hannity’s comments or offer the slightest criticism (even if it is done in a civil, fact-based, and polite manner) it is highly likely that you will be banned. I was banned.

Forum List

Back