Don't look now but the REDSKINS are in first place !!

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score—We want a lot more!

Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,

Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!

Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail, victory!

Braves on the warpath!

Fight for Old D.C.!

Scalp 'em, swamp 'um—We will take 'um big score

Read 'um, Weep 'um,

Touchdown! -- We want heap more

Fight on, fight on, Till you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Redskins edge Bears to maintain first place

CHICAGO — There was a cringe-inducing interception, a near-catastrophic fumble and enough missed opportunities to last a season. There also was a victory.

For the Washington Redskins, breaking a nine-game road losing streak was cause for celebration, and remaining in first place in the NFC East only made it sweeter.

The Redskins beat the Chicago Bears 24-21, with Robbie Gould’s potential game-tying field goal sailing wide right from 50 yards out. Redskins kicker Dustin Hopkins had converted a 47-yarder in the fourth quarter that made the difference.

After opening with two touchdowns on two drives, Kirk Cousins threw an interception to former Virginia Tech standout Kyle Fuller that allowed Chicago back in the game late, showcasing each of the quarterback’s sides. Cousins insisted he won’t worry about the fluctuations in public opinion, though.

“I’ve had games where people want to run me out of town, and the next week we win and I’m the best thing since sliced bread,” he said with a laugh. “I keep trying to grow and build on each experience that I have, whether it’s positive or negative, and trust that if I do that, good things will happen.”

Cousins’ final line, 24 of 31 for 300 yards, hinted at a solid performance on a day when Chicago (5-8) sacked him three times — all three could have been classified as coverage sacks, with Cousins unable to find an open receiver.

His two early touchdowns, combined with a big day from tight end Jordan Reed, gave Washington a cushion, but the process of running down the clock was hardly a smooth one.

Nursing a 3-point lead, the Redskins (6-7) needed to run 6:18 off the clock to win. On a key third-down play, Kirk Cousins scrambled, then threw the ball up for tight end Jordan Reed. Reed tipped it away from two defenders, and it ended up in the hands of running back Matt Jones, who caught the ball.

Redskins edge Bears to maintain first place

Walalalalalalalala!!!!!

Hiyahaha Hiyahaha Hiyahaha Hiyahaha Hiyahaha

Walalalalalalalalala!!!!

Forum List

Back