'Don't kill us, we want to live together': Kerala couple faces death threats

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Kevin, a young man killed for marrying a woman from a higher caste and status, remains a haunting memory for most Keralites.

On Wednesday, another young man called Harison Haris, appeared on a Facebook live, standing with his wife Shahana, and told those watching that he does not want to end up as 'another Kevin'. The young couple, narrated their story, in a determined way, and told Shahana's family and the Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI) to stop issuing threats to them.

Harison, a Christian youth, said in the video that he has been facing threat for marrying Shahana, a Muslim woman. In the video, Harison says that problems started for them after he uploaded a picture of their wedding.
'Don't kill us, we want to live together': Kerala couple faces death threats

Why living in the US is awesome.

"I have been told that I will be killed at any time. I have been threatened by the Social Democratic Party of India and her relatives. They have threatened to kill my father, mother and my sister. We are scared to even call my dad and speak to him, that's when we decided to upload such a video," Harison said.

That statement says it all!

Forum List

Back