Don't Blame GOP Destruction On Trump. Blame Cheney.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
The party split began when Dick Cheney, raised democrat, dodged the draft 5 times, pro gay-marriage, entered the party and took over from the top down (the CIA). He began inserting his own agenda which, when it conflicted with decent values, simply replaced them until even the party's own base couldn't recognize it anymore.

Hence the Trumpees. Long story short.

Blaming Trump for what's happened to the GOP is like blaming the caboose on the end of a very long freight train, with Cheney at the front as the main engine.

this is a great idea, somebody call trump, tell him the democrats will support him if he agrees to build a high speed railway all along the top of the wall and the mexicans will buy tickets to ride the bullet train.

The party split began when Dick Cheney, raised democrat, dodged the draft 5 times, pro gay-marriage, entered the party and took over from the top down (the CIA). He began inserting his own agenda which, when it conflicted with decent values, simply replaced them until even the party's own base couldn't recognize it anymore.

Blaming Trump for what's happened to the GOP is like blaming the caboose on the end of a very long freight train, with Cheney at the front as the main engine.

No.

I will agree with you that fissures in the GOP have been there for a long time between the Christian Conservatives and those who are more, shall we say, pragmatic about the real world.

That being said…

What Trump has done though is all his doing. Four years ago, there was no discussion of genitals at the debates, nobody insinuated a tough female questioning you during the debate was a result of menstrual cycles, nobody suggested that the “2nd Amendment People” do something about Obama at a rally. Nobody made fun of handicapped reporters at rallies or suggested that a Hispanic was not capable of doing his job as a judge because he was Hispanic during multiple interviews. Nobody threatened to jail their political opponent. One would think that the Christian Conservatives would be up in arms over his ascension to the candidacy. In truth, they have remained largely quiet knowing that their position is precarious and that happier days are to come.

What the GOP needs to realize is that this is a one off thing. The people voting for this small fraction of a man are not the people you want in your party. And, in reality, you really don’t need them in your party. Bush won a very close race in 2000 and a pretty comfortable contest in 2004. He did it with fantastic campaign management (Kerry-the war hero was seen as soft on defense while Bush-the guy who partied in Alabama during ’Nam was seen as tough on Defense), did well with Hispanics, and preached a message of compassionate conservatism. Donald Trump and his “campaign” are dilettantes who should be embarrassed for the stain they have left on the body politic, be ashamed of the joke of a campaign they have tried to push over on the American people, and above all else, they should apologize for lowering the already sad position of the bar of acceptability. I really do not want to know but I do shake my head at what could possibly be the next downward rung on the ladder.

Where ever that rung is located, I’m sure he will find it and lower rungs still as we barrel toward Hillary’s win.

GOP got off spewing this mantra that the gov sucks , all the while sabotaging the country . Then shock of shocks , people belived them! In waltzed Trump, the great outsider!

Oh. Remember when Romney lost ? The righties declared "he wasn't conservative enough !"

Lol! Now look who they have . Trumpl, the ultimate RIno!

Wow... that's bizarre.

Cheney was a plague on the country, but frankly, he and Bush seem like the grownups in the room compared to the current pack of GOP Leaders.

thats funny, dick cheney is to blame for trump because he's pro gay marriage and a draft dodger..... what a paranoid fantasy world christians live in

Wow... that's bizarre.

Cheney was a plague on the country, but frankly, he and Bush seem like the grownups in the room compared to the current pack of GOP Leaders.
Yes but for you "grownup" means supporting motherless or fatherless marriages. For 99.99999% of the GOP base, that is pure insanity. I stand by what I said in the OP.

Yes but for you "grownup" means supporting motherless or fatherless marriages. For 99.99999% of the GOP base, that is pure insanity. I stand by what I said in the OP.

Actually, guy, Trump isn't talking about Gay Marriage anymore, and Pence got spanked by big corporations when he tried to pull a fast one.

By 2020, no one will be talking about this issue anymore.

you Lost. Deal with it.

Forum List

Back