Don’t Believe Voter Fraud Happens? Here’s Some Examples

If people are required to register in person with a government official and shows photo ID and proof of residency etc. to register, then I have no problem with a voter registration card as proof of identity to vote. Realistically though, there is no reason that a photo ID requirement would disenfranchise anybody at the polling place and people are far more likely to have that always on their person while you use a voter registration card once every two years and it is far easier to misplace that. Those who accuse those of us who want a fair and honest vote of wanting to keep people from voting, you're right. We don't want people voting who are not legally entitled to cast that vote. But to accuse us of trying to keep citizens from casting an honest vote is mean spirited, dishonest, and just wrong.

We can as easily say that those who don't want any proof of identity to vote want a rigged election, want fraud and corruption in the process. Wouldn't you object to that characterization?

Waiting for that list of ineligible voters that throw elections. I gave you romney and coulter. Why haven't they been prosecuted yet?

Oh I don't know. Probably because they aren't guilty of anything prosecutable?

I'm giving you a couple people who voted fraudulently and you've come up with not one person who has voted fraudulently. Probably because mitt has clout is my answer. Waiting for the list of fraudsters that keep you awake at night.

Did Mitt Romney Commit Voter Fraud Mother Jones

Some people like to throw stuff at the wall to see if anything sticks--they don't care if they are falsely accusing somebody. And they are just as dishonest in their personal insults and ad hominem arguments. And some things are just too dumb to merit a response. Do have a nice day.

Well I threw threw names out there where there was questionable voting. I'm still waiting for the names of all those people voting illegally. Or just one or two. Surely there must be some prosecutions as evidence of voter fraud in large (or small) numbers. Illegal voting is one of many fears conservatives/republican live under, at least the ones posting here.

I tell you what. You post a list of all the people who vote legally and we'll look it over. If you post your evidence that they voted legally, it would be helpful.

This is one of the reasons I left the Republican party. They used to always stand against any gov't forced i.d. card. But now they support it. Stop saying you support less government if you actually support MORE of it.

This is one of the reasons I left the Republican party. They used to always stand against any gov't forced i.d. card. But now they support it. Stop saying you support less government if you actually support MORE of it.

Pretty lame excuse for leaving a party isn't it. However, the GOP STILL opposes a federally issued ID card to vote. But they sure support the states having the right to have voter ID if they choose to do so. I would leave any party that opposed such a simple and practical way to ensure a fair and honest vote, because the ONLY reason for opposing it would be because it wanted it to be easier to commit fraud.

Pretty lame excuse for leaving a party isn't it. However, the GOP STILL opposes a federally issued ID card to vote. But they sure support the states having the right to have voter ID if they choose to do so. I would leave any party that opposed such a simple and practical way to ensure a fair and honest vote, because the ONLY reason for opposing it would be because it wanted it to be easier to commit fraud.

The GOP supports Voter ID at the state level pretty blatantly. Unsurprisingly they don't consider it a major issue in places like Wyoming, Nebraska, or West Virginia...in places where the majority of the citizens are white and conservative. The vast majority of Voter ID laws that are in effect are in the southeast where there's significant minority populations that will vote against the GOP.

Further if you are going to commit voter fraud, impersonation fraud would probably be the MOST risky, MOST complicated, and stupidest way you could possibly do it. Impersonation fraud is also the only form of voter fraud that Voter ID laws prevent from happening. Voter ID laws do nothing against the forms of fraud that actually DO happen in comparatively significant quantities.

The entire GOP voter ID platform is so see-through a 9 year old child could put it together, but the right just keeps marching to the same worn-out tune over and over hoping someday, somehow, they'll fool someone with it.

Last edited:

The GOP supports Voter ID at the state level pretty blatantly. Unsurprisingly they don't consider it a major issue in places like Wyoming, Nebraska, or West Virginia...in places where the majority of the citizens are white and conservative. The vast majority of Voter ID laws that are in effect are in the southeast where there's significant minority populations that will vote against the GOP.

Further if you are going to commit voter fraud, impersonation fraud would probably be the MOST risky, MOST complicated, and stupidest way you could possibly do it. Impersonation fraud is also the only form of voter fraud that Voter ID laws prevent from happening. Voter ID laws do nothing against the forms of fraud that actually DO happen in comparatively significant quantities.

The entire GOP voter ID platform is so see-through a 9 year old child could put it together, but the right just keeps marching to the same worn-out tune over and over hoping someday, somehow, they'll fool someone with it.

You don't see the GOP discouraging Voter ID anywhere however. I can assure you if there was rampant suspicion of election rigging, people who obviously don't live in a precinct being bussed in to the polls, etc. they would be pushing for Voter ID ANYWHERE including a small conservative neighborhood where everybody knows everybody. And you should be pushing for that too.

You don't see the GOP discouraging Voter ID anywhere however. I can assure you if there was rampant suspicion of election rigging, people who obviously don't live in a precinct being bussed in to the polls, etc. they would be pushing for Voter ID ANYWHERE including a small conservative neighborhood where everybody knows everybody. And you should be pushing for that too.

There is no evidence of voter fraud affecting elections anywhere in the country, none.

The GOP doesn't discourage Voter ID laws because it's become a national platform sadly.

The platform doesn't end at Voter ID laws either, it extends to early voting, closing polling stations near college campuses, purging voting rolls, etc etc..

Voter ID laws are just a small tool in that platform that just so happens to have some moral curtain to hide behind that goes by "BUT THE VOTER FRAUD!"

Last edited:

There is no evidence of voter fraud affecting elections anywhere in the country, none.

The GOP doesn't discourage Voter ID laws because it's become a national platform sadly.

The platform doesn't end at Voter ID laws either, it extends to early voting, closing polling stations near college campuses, purging voting rolls, etc etc..

Voter ID laws are just a small tool in that platform that just so happens to have some moral curtain to hide behind that goes by "BUT THE VOTER FRAUD!"

Well since I have witnessed voter fraud up close and personal, you'll have a hell of a time convincing me there is no voter fraud happening. If anybody is being treated unfairly re voting laws and practices, that should be dealt with. That I have not witnessed ever. But for sure Voter ID is not going to disenfranchise anybody, and if it helps keep the system honest even a little bit, it is well worth the effort to implement it.

Well since I have witnessed voter fraud up close and personal, you'll have a hell of a time convincing me there is no voter fraud happening. If anybody is being treated unfairly re voting laws and practices, that should be dealt with. That I have not witnessed ever. But for sure Voter ID is not going to disenfranchise anybody, and if it helps keep the system honest even a little bit, it is well worth the effort to implement it.

It's been mathematically shown it will disenfranchise people. It's factually correct in saying not every citizen has a government ID.

No one is saying there is no voter fraud happening, there is, extremely little, and the little of it there is out there is in the form of absentee ballots or fraud with election officials themselves, not impersonation fraud that Voter ID laws prevent.

For an example of what a new platform this is for the GOP....prior to the 2006 election ZERO states required any ID to be shown at the polling station, none. Our elections and democracy survived just fine without them.

The underlying message of these trends is pretty clear:

The GOP is afraid of the people, the Democrats are embracing them. The GOP knows they don't have the numbers on their side when the show up to cast their ballots, so they're hunting for ways to keep them out. The Democrats know they have the majority, so they seek to include as many people as possible.

It's been mathematically shown it will disenfranchise people. It's factually correct in saying not every citizen has a government ID.

No one is saying there is no voter fraud happening, there is, extremely little, and the little of it there is out there is in the form of absentee ballots or fraud with election officials themselves, not impersonation fraud that Voter ID laws prevent.

For an example of what a new platform this is for the GOP....prior to the 2006 election ZERO states required any ID to be shown at the polling station, none. Our elections and democracy survived just fine without them.

The GOP is afraid of the people, the Democrats are embracing them. The GOP knows they don't have the numbers on their side when the show up to cast their ballots, so they're hunting for ways to keep them out. The Democrats know they have the majority, so they seek to include as many people as possible.

It is a mathematical certainty that the very few citizens who have the capacity to vote and can do so legally can easily get a photo ID. If you know of anybody who can't afford one, send me their name, address, and evidence they can legally vote and I'll see to it that they get one.

It is a mathematical certainty that the very few citizens who have the capacity to vote and can do so legally can easily get a photo ID. If you know of anybody who can't afford one, send me their name, address, and evidence they can legally vote and I'll see to it that they get one.

Prior to the 2006 elections hardly anyone mentioned issues about impersonation fraud, it was a petty small issue and the idea of it being significant enough of a problem to effect elections was idiotic.

Even if there was 1 random idiot going into a polling station saying he's Jack Black when he's actually Joe Schmo....so what??? It very likely would be just that one idiot, and it's very easy to catch him considering all they need to do is see if Jack Black votes twice or if Jack Black is dead. Every piece of factual evidence shows us this happens extremely rarely, and this is the only situation that Voter ID laws prevent from happening.

If the GOP were authentic about stopping voter fraud they'd go after absentee ballots or having stricter control on election officials, or even modernizing voting equipment and techniques. They don't, they attack something that, instead, suits their true agenda better.

Prior to the 2006 elections hardly anyone mentioned issues about impersonation fraud, it was a petty small issue and the idea of it being significant enough of a problem to effect elections was idiotic.

Even if there was 1 random idiot going into a polling station saying he's Jack Black when he's actually Joe Schmo....so what??? It very likely would be just that one idiot, and it's very easy to catch him considering all they need to do is see if Jack Black votes twice or if Jack Black is dead. Every piece of factual evidence shows us this happens extremely rarely, and this is the only situation that Voter ID laws prevent from happening.

If the GOP were authentic about stopping voter fraud they'd go after absentee ballots or having stricter control on election officials, or even modernizing voting equipment and techniques. They don't, they attack something that, instead, suits their true agenda better.

I have seen instances where the GOP has done all those things. If the Democrats gave a hoot about whether there was voter fraud, they wouldn't be championing dishonest organizations like Acorn and they wouldn't be objecting to Voter ID. The way some object to ANY honesty being built into the system, you could believe they want voter fraud.

So, if the duly elected President and Congress pass a federal law requiring you to present the card to vote, it's evil.

But if the duly elected Governor and Legislature pass a state law requiring you to present a card to vote, it's somehow wonderful?

You're so full of shit I would bet your eyes are brown.

I have seen instances where the GOP has done all those things. If the Democrats gave a hoot about whether there was voter fraud, they wouldn't be championing dishonest organizations like Acorn and they wouldn't be objecting to Voter ID. The way some object to ANY honesty being built into the system, you could believe they want voter fraud.

Lady you don't give 2 shits about fair elections. Be adult enough to admit it.
What you care about is repressing the Black and Latino vote...plain and simple. If it were not out of vogue, you'd be endorsing a poll tax and probably literacy test as some in your caucus continue to do so.

That having been said, there is no major election that was ever turned on voter fraud. Any who claim there was is full of shit.

We are more closely governed however by comparatively small elections for city council, school boards, tax assessors, etc... Sometimes only a couple of thousand people vote for these very important posts. Fraud, whether it is purposeful or totally by accident should be eradicated in a country as great as ours because these are the elections that matter the most; not the ones that get the largest headlines.

Make it a federal law that the State will provide free of charge a voter registration card with a picture ID on it and that solves all of the issues. Make them available at FedEx/Kinkos, the UPS store, your local schools or colleges or any other vendor that wants to purchase the equipment and set up shop. Much the same way emissions testing is done in larger cities.

When a thread becomes a childish "you said, no I said" rant, it's time to unwatch. Especially when a Billary supporter chips in.

When a thread becomes a childish "you said, no I said" rant, it's time to unwatch. Especially when a Billary supporter chips in.

You know a thread fails when the OP's article doesn't list any voter fraud that would've been prevented with voter id laws.

You know a thread fails when the OP's article doesn't list any voter fraud that would've been prevented with voter id laws.

You know reading comprehension is suspect when somebody says something like your post when examples of voter fraud have been provided that would have been prevented with voter ID laws. And no, I am not going back through the thread to hunt them up. But I read them and I posted one of them.

Forum List

Back