Don't Be Stupid

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
The human condition in a nut shell. I couldn't agree more with this Op Ed.

Daniel Henninger's Top 2009 Resolution: Don't Be Stupid - WSJ.com

I'm still mesmerized by the virtually uncountable number of intelligent individuals worldwide who were revealed as dumb in 2008. What happened to them? What if mass dumbing down is now the norm?...

Only one other area of modern life produces this unprecedented error rate: the World Wide Web. Could it be that in the world of money, the information highway was the road to ruin -- www.Stupid.com?...

Looking out at the events transpiring through the world nowadays, it might be nice if people lived by their understanding of Don't Be Evil. Next January is likely to be better, though, if most of us just keep it simple. Don't be stupid.

"Back in olden times, mankind found it useful to live by mottoes. A motto reduces the helpful lessons of life to three or four words, maybe two, as in the Boy Scout motto: Be Prepared. Or, apropos now: Look before you leap."

There is even an older motto/or rule: do unto others... pretty simple but rarely followed.

"Back in olden times, mankind found it useful to live by mottoes. A motto reduces the helpful lessons of life to three or four words, maybe two, as in the Boy Scout motto: Be Prepared. Or, apropos now: Look before you leap."

There is even an older motto/or rule: do unto others... pretty simple but rarely followed.

you forgot to finish the motto

Do unto others before they do it on you.

I wish this thread had been posted yesterday. I stupidly arrived ready for class this morning, not realizing that I've got another week off. :doubt:

I think you might want to reconsider that one... red states take more money from the govt than they give... blue states give more than they take.

perhaps you might want to propose that one for the rabid righties. ;)

We're talking about individuals, jill... the libs who insist on being entitled something for nothing, at the expense of others

And not that I agree with huge handout by the government in any instance... No state should be living beyond their means, much like no individual should

We're talking about individuals, jill... the libs who insist on being entitled something for nothing, at the expense of others

And not that I agree with huge handout by the government in any instance... No state should be living beyond their means, much like no individual should

I don't know what "libs" you're talking about (as if the left of center is homogeneous under any set of circumstances). That's part of the problem with the folks on the right who decide what other people think (regardless of reality) and then use that as the basis for silly statements.

Personally, I don't live beyond my means. I think people shouldn't. But sometimes stuff happens and suddenly you're beyond your means.

I was more offended at how government lived beyond its means for the past eight years.... and that's a *right* thing... since apparently the repubs are a lot of talk when it comes to fiscal responsibility. At least if they did anything at all to help anyone but themselves and their corporatist buddies, it might not have made my stomach turn as badly watching them rape our treasury.

Don't be stupid. :eusa_whistle:

He's not. Do you realize how many are counting on the obamalama to do just that? Remember that lady? "I won't have to worry anymore about paying my mortgage or putting gas in my car" She expects him to take it from the rich and give it to her!

He's not. Do you realize how many are counting on the obamalama to do just that? Remember that lady? "I won't have to worry anymore about paying my mortgage or putting gas in my car" She expects him to take it from the rich and give it to her!
I'd tell you not to be stupid, but I see there's no hope for you. :lol:

I don't know what "libs" you're talking about (as if the left of center is homogeneous under any set of circumstances). That's part of the problem with the folks on the right who decide what other people think (regardless of reality) and then use that as the basis for silly statements.

Personally, I don't live beyond my means. I think people shouldn't. But sometimes stuff happens and suddenly you're beyond your means.

I was more offended at how government lived beyond its means for the past eight years.... and that's a *right* thing... since apparently the repubs are a lot of talk when it comes to fiscal responsibility. At least if they did anything at all to help anyone but themselves and their corporatist buddies, it might not have made my stomach turn as badly watching them rape our treasury.

Again, jill.. 2 different things... my motto was simply "Earn it".. meaning to verbally slap those who feel that they or anyone else is owed something for their personal wants and needs at the expense of others and/or the government without earning it for themselves

As for living beyond means... that was in response of whatever other states taking more from the government than they put in

The government has lived beyond it's means for well more than 8 years.... there has been no instance of the government even running remotely close to being in the 'black'....

To the libs... proposing a new motto

EARN IT

What an odd motto to propose to liberals.

Given that you hate libs, but your man BushII has been in control, shouldn't the motto you want for the libs to read as follows?

Please correct the financial mess my masters made, just like the libs had to do the last time we selfish, self centered, greedy, shortshighted, vodoo-economic-talking fucking idiots calling ourselves conservatives broke capitalism.

Last edited:

You'd be surprised at how many message board Cons took grants and government-subsidized loans, and used it to pay for an education at a taxpayer funded public university or community college. Oh, and I always get a belly laugh when conservative farmers whine about the government, and take government agricultural subsidies. Good times!

Forum List

Back