Donald wants to people to spend food stamps on junk food

Canned spray cheese would be considered a "staple" food, according to new policies proposed by the Trump administration. Lowering the the standards for what constitutes a "staple" food will only serve to open the door to businesses to begin accepting food stamps payments despite offering little to no nutritious food items. Which means that it will be easier for food stamps recipients to waste their allowances on junk food.

Once again, Donald betrays the values of Republicans and conservatives.

Trump proposal would allow spray cheese to count as a staple for food stamps
/——/ Who cares? It’s not something I’d eat, but what’s wrong with it?
Easy Cheese contains milk, water, whey protein concentrate, canola oil, milk protein concentrate, sodium citrate, sodium phosphate, calcium phosphate, lactic acid, sorbic acid, sodium alginate, apocarotenal, annatto, cheese culture, and enzymes.[2]

Canned spray cheese would be considered a "staple" food, according to new policies proposed by the Trump administration. Lowering the the standards for what constitutes a "staple" food will only serve to open the door to businesses to begin accepting food stamps payments despite offering little to no nutritious food items. Which means that it will be easier for food stamps recipients to waste their allowances on junk food.

ROFLMFAO

YOU CAN ALREADY USE FOOD STAMPS FOR THAT

Yes, you can. But that is not the issue here. Or, more accurately, that is only a complication.

In order to be able to accept food stamps, a business must provide three staple foods in a handful of categories. So your local grocery store can meet the requirements for the dairy category by offering milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese. But these changes to what qualifies as a staple food reduce the standards to practically being formalities, opening the door for convenience stores to begin accepting food stamps even though the closest thing to a nutritious food item on their shelves are fig newtons. This means that even more taxpayer money will be wasted paying for food stamp funded junk foods.
You can use EBT(link, Chicago)
at the mexican ice cream shop by my house

All the convenience stores and gas stations
take EBT by me

People use their link card to buy Slurpies
candy and soda at 7*11 over here

They can use their link to buy Easter Baskets

My new girlfriend told me when she used to work at a 7/11 they couldn't sell hot food for EBT, but if someone bought a frozen pizza she would heat it up for them..

I never got why they couldn't buy hot food say chicken at the grocery store or at McDonald's or some place

I see no reason for food stamp to be spent on McDonalds.

People on EBT should be able to buy any food they want. That's FREEDOM BABY!!!

Stop micromanaging people.

Again, I am not critiquing individuals receiving food stamps. I am objecting to convenience stores who don't actually sell real nutritious food items being allowed to accept food stamp payments.

It's for small gas stations/convenient stores so people can use their EBT cards there.

I thought the left cared about poor people?

I am not "the left." And I am fully aware the policy would allow gas stations and convenience stores to accept EBT. That is the whole reason I started this thread. Because this policy would allow gas stations and convenience stores to accept EBT. There is no public benefit to that, and the ultimate result is that even more tax money will be spent on junk food.

Who cares?

Well, I cared enough to start a thread about it. And you cared enough to respond. So I think the answer is clear.

Unfortunately you didn't care enough to actually grasp what the subject is. Maybe try clicking the link and reading what is there, along with what I've already written. Try really hard to get all three of those neurons firing at the same time, and you might understand what's really going on.

No one has to tell the freeloaders that. They do it already.

Just go to a 7-11 and watch what they buy with their food stamps.

Waste of hard earned tax payer money.

Who cares?

Well, I cared enough to start a thread about it. And you cared enough to respond. So I think the answer is clear.

Unfortunately you didn't care enough to actually grasp what the subject is. Maybe try clicking the link and reading what is there, along with what I've already written. Try really hard to get all three of those neurons firing at the same time, and you might understand what's really going on.
/——-/ I did read it and still can’t find your fake outrage.

That's my whole point. There is no reason 7-11 and other convenience stores should be permitted to accept food stamps.

Who cares?

Nonexistent is the word you were looking for. You can't figure out my nonexistent outrage. Because I have no outrage. I'm here to discuss a policy that I am opposed to. You're the one bringing up outrage.

Who cares?

Nonexistent is the word you were looking for. You can't figure out my nonexistent outrage. Because I have no outrage. I'm here to discuss a policy that I am opposed to. You're the one bringing up outrage.
/—-/ It doesn’t hurt anyone and the only reason you posted it is because Trumps name is attached.

That's my whole point. There is no reason 7-11 and other convenience stores should be permitted to accept food stamps.
/——-/ Why? What did 7-11 do to hurt you?

I agree. The Govt. should have a list of things you can buy with food stamps. And it should be meat, milk, eggs and vegetables. and that's it.

I agree. The Govt. should have a list of things you can buy with food stamps. And it should be meat, milk, eggs and vegetables. and that's it.
/—-/ They do restrict what you can buy with food stamps.

ROFLMFAO

Yes, you can. But that is not the issue here. Or, more accurately, that is only a complication.

In order to be able to accept food stamps, a business must provide three staple foods in a handful of categories. So your local grocery store can meet the requirements for the dairy category by offering milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese. But these changes to what qualifies as a staple food reduce the standards to practically being formalities, opening the door for convenience stores to begin accepting food stamps even though the closest thing to a nutritious food item on their shelves are fig newtons. This means that even more taxpayer money will be wasted paying for food stamp funded junk foods.
You can use EBT(link, Chicago)
at the mexican ice cream shop by my house

All the convenience stores and gas stations
take EBT by me

People use their link card to buy Slurpies
candy and soda at 7*11 over here

They can use their link to buy Easter Baskets

My new girlfriend told me when she used to work at a 7/11 they couldn't sell hot food for EBT, but if someone bought a frozen pizza she would heat it up for them..

I never got why they couldn't buy hot food say chicken at the grocery store or at McDonald's or some place

I see no reason for food stamp to be spent on McDonalds.
/——-/ They can’t. McDonalds would be prepared food and is not allowed. What Can SNAP Buy? | USDA-FNS

really?

with all the crap going on in the world today, spray cheese hits the OH MY GOD NOOOOO! list?

ROFLMFAO

You don't really care about this.

All you care about is hating Trump.
and that's my point. both sides can be so god damned petty that any nugget will do to show HEY HATE! as if ANYONE on the OTHER side will go GOD DAMN??? SPRAY CHEESE???

FUCK IT - HE'S GOT TO GO!!!!

when EVERYTHING is a reason to hate then none of your reasons to hate are valid. EITHER SIDE. we have a lot of emotions we can control - which one will grow and show itself the most? the one we feed the most. so if you're out there looking to hate, you'll find a reason.

even if in something as stupid as spray cheese.

/—-/ They do restrict what you can buy with food stamps.

They don't restrict it enough. I've seen then use food stamps to buy nothing but junk food at a 7-11.

Food stamps should be used to buy just what I listed. Period.

Who cares?

/——/ Spray Cheese. Oh we really really really got him this time
D7687C2D-57C1-41E5-BF8A-A0796A7F5378.jpeg

Forum List

Back