Millions could lose access to food stamps under Trump proposal, study finds

Millions of working people still qualify for subsidies. It's funny how this works.......complain that people aren't working but then complain when the argument is that those who are working should make enough to not need subsidies.

Then hardly a peep about the Fed providing the markets trillions. It isn't trickling down.
Tu quoque fallacy noted.

Millions of working people still qualify for subsidies. It's funny how this works.......complain that people aren't working but then complain when the argument is that those who are working should make enough to not need subsidies.

Then hardly a peep about the Fed providing the markets trillions. It isn't trickling down.
Tu quoque fallacy noted.

Welfare for the markets is good but for poor people it's bad. Or so the argument goes.

Welfare for the markets is good but for poor people it's bad. Or so the argument goes.
Whose argument is that? Welfare is a bad idea in most instances. Handing out taxpayer money to people and institutions that can get along without it is bad policy, whether it applies to people in business suits or jeans and sneakers.

Stop bending the truth out of shape to fit your ideologically twisted notions.

Economy added booming 266,000 jobs in November and the unemployment rate fell to 3.5%

"It isn't trickling down."

Are you nuts, or merely a liar?

I'll accept your considered opinion.

Whose argument is that? Welfare is a bad idea in most instances. Handing out taxpayer money to people and institutions that can get along without it is bad policy, whether it applies to people in business suits or jeans and sneakers.

Stop bending the truth out of shape to fit your ideologically twisted notions.

You can read that argument here (and many other places) all day.

Economy added booming 266,000 jobs in November and the unemployment rate fell to 3.5%

"It isn't trickling down."

Are you nuts, or merely a liar?

I'll accept your considered opinion.

It "trickles down" like this.

One million for me, ten dollars for you.

I've yet to see anyone here post a favorable opinion of welfare for Big Wall St. firms and banks.
Though I did see lots of democrats all line up and not their heads in unison approving Obama when he shoveled TARP money straight from the US Treasury to Wall Street firms.

I've yet to see anyone here post a favorable opinion of welfare for Big Wall St. firms and banks.

Sorry? You don't see the crowing over the "record" markets? Why is it that way?

Though I did see lots of democrats all line up and not their heads in unison approving Obama when he shoveled TARP money straight from the US Treasury to Wall Street firms.

They did in large numbers. Hypocrites all.

If someone truly cannot work, and needs help, I want to help those people.

However, we all know about the genuine abuses of welfare, and how so many of the users can improve their own lives without needing handouts, but they refuse to help themselves as long as someone else is providing them with assistance.

I've been working FULL TIME without a break other than an occasional short vacation since Oct. of 1974. In that time, I have never used any public assistance, including unemployment. Plenty of the welfare recipients can do the same.
Here is a picture of the perfect person who needed help, yet he didnt accept it, but used his God Given gifts to make something of himself. Anyone who thinks other wise, are just fucking retards.

2460195_Rob-Bodman-Contract_DTRB-Hawking-05-The-Future-of-Theoretical-Physics-and-Cosmology-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqGhFGD3OcMvc3EVqNhTDH_4U_UU4XhMUcW9iZtcJbvSs.jpg

It has been establishment liberals both R and D that have given corporate welfare,(Cronie Capitalism) Bush's did it, Clinton's did it, Obama did it. Maybe if we stopped paying taxes for a while, the dumbasses up on the hill, might get the message. You know about 50 million working people just stopped paying taxes, the liberals would go ape shit.

If someone truly cannot work, and needs help, I want to help those people.

However, we all know about the genuine abuses of welfare, and how so many of the users can improve their own lives without needing handouts, but they refuse to help themselves as long as someone else is providing them with assistance.

I've been working FULL TIME without a break other than an occasional short vacation since Oct. of 1974. In that time, I have never used any public assistance, including unemployment. Plenty of the welfare recipients can do the same.
Here is a picture of the perfect person who needed help, yet he didnt accept it, but used his God Given gifts to make something of himself. Anyone who thinks other wise, are just fucking retards.

2460195_Rob-Bodman-Contract_DTRB-Hawking-05-The-Future-of-Theoretical-Physics-and-Cosmology-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqGhFGD3OcMvc3EVqNhTDH_4U_UU4XhMUcW9iZtcJbvSs.jpg

He didn't believe in "God given gifts" and had the benefit of universal health care. Not many have the benefit of being able to attend Oxford. and Cambridge and make a living in Academia.

It has been establishment liberals both R and D that have given corporate welfare,(Cronie Capitalism) Bush's did it, Clinton's did it, Obama did it. Maybe if we stopped paying taxes for a while, the dumbasses up on the hill, might get the message. You know about 50 million working people just stopped paying taxes, the liberals would go ape shit.

Why? Can't the Fed simply create trillions more to cover any shortfall?

Why? Can't the Fed simply create trillions more to cover any shortfall?
We have oversupply not overdemand.

Millions could lose access to food stamps under Trump proposal, study finds

Millions of Americans face losing access to food assistance under proposed rule changes by the Trump administration, a new analysis has found.

The changes, if they had been instituted last year, would have resulted in 3.7 million fewer people and 2.1m fewer households receiving the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, known as Snap or food stamps, during an average month, according to the study.

The altered rules would also reduce benefits received by many people, with 2.2m households set to have their average monthly assistance cut by $127. Nearly one million students would lose access to free or discounted lunches.

The poor are an easy target for Cons. Typical bonehead politics.

And the truth....

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ts_with_no_kids_eligible_for_food_stamps.html

Much of the reporting omitted the phrase "able-bodied without dependents." That deliberate and calculated omission makes it difficult to calm the fears of the elderly and disabled. Even though the tightening of eligibility requirements affects only able-bodied adults (between the ages of 18 and 49) without children, it is being reported that the scheduled changes could cause kids to lose free school lunches. This false reporting is done for the sole purpose of spreading fear.

I missed who has been sent to prison. I know a lot of people who do not pay into Medicare.

How much did the owners of the business busted with all the illegals pay into Medicare? Did they even get a small fine? No.
Are you really claiming it's not illegal to refuse to pay into Medicare?

Really?

You should start a business and sign the front if a few 1000 paychecks and tell me about Medicare paynents being voluntarily.

I missed who has been sent to prison. I know a lot of people who do not pay into Medicare.

How much did the owners of the business busted with all the illegals pay into Medicare? Did they even get a small fine? No.

Really?

You should start a business and sign the front if a few 1000 paychecks and tell me about Medicare paynents being voluntarily.

I saw no verification of anyone being sent to prison.

Really?

By the way, how long have you been on welfare ?

Really?

By the way, how long have you been on welfare ?

We all are in some way or another.

Forum List

Back