Student debt bailout, the ant, and the grasshopper: The party that supported slavery wants to force low income taxpayers to pay for vacations and...

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
This is my own writing:

Student debt bailout, the ant, and the grasshopper: The party that supported slavery wants to force low income taxpayers to pay for vacations and restaurant meals for people with college degrees

Student debt bailout, the ant, and the grasshopper: The party that supported slavery wants to force low income taxpayers to pay for vacations and restaurant meals for people with college degrees​

By Daniel Alman (aka Dan from Squirrel Hill)

November 14, 2022

In Aesop’s classic fable, “The Ant and the Grasshopper,” the ant spends all summer saving up food for the winter, while the grasshopper does not. When winter comes, the ant is well fed, and the grasshopper starves to death.

When I was a child in the 1970s, this fable was taught to children, in order to teach us a lesson. We were taught that the ant was the good guy, and the grasshopper was the bad guy.

Today’s Democrats who favor student debt bailout have a different interpretation of this fable. They view the ant as the bad guy because he was greedy and selfish, and he didn’t help the grasshopper. And they view the grasshopper as an innocent victim who deserves a bailout.

For the record, Aesop was a slave.

CNBC recently reported the following about the proposed student debt bailout:

“While recipients won’t see that aid in the form of a check, any remaining balances will be re-amortized, meaning monthly payments will be recalculated to reflect the new balance. For borrowers, that means monthly payments could drop by up to $300 per month.”

“73% of anticipated recipients say they expect to spend their debt forgiveness on non-essential items, including travel, dining out and new tech, according to a recent survey from Intelligent.com.”

It’s no surprise to me that the party that supported slavery wants to force low income taxpayers to pay for vacations and restaurant meals for people with college degrees.

This is my own writing:

Student debt bailout, the ant, and the grasshopper: The party that supported slavery wants to force low income taxpayers to pay for vacations and restaurant meals for people with college degrees

Student debt bailout, the ant, and the grasshopper: The party that supported slavery wants to force low income taxpayers to pay for vacations and restaurant meals for people with college degrees​

November 14, 2022

In Aesop’s classic fable, “The Ant and the Grasshopper,” the ant spends all summer saving up food for the winter, while the grasshopper does not. When winter comes, the ant is well fed, and the grasshopper starves to death.

When I was a child in the 1970s, this fable was taught to children, in order to teach us a lesson. We were taught that the ant was the good guy, and the grasshopper was the bad guy.

Today’s Democrats who favor student debt bailout have a different interpretation of this fable. They view the ant as the bad guy because he was greedy and selfish, and he didn’t help the grasshopper. And they view the grasshopper as an innocent victim who deserves a bailout.

“While recipients won’t see that aid in the form of a check, any remaining balances will be re-amortized, meaning monthly payments will be recalculated to reflect the new balance. For borrowers, that means monthly payments could drop by up to $300 per month.”

“73% of anticipated recipients say they expect to spend their debt forgiveness on non-essential items, including travel, dining out and new tech, according to a recent survey from Intelligent.com.”

It’s no surprise to me that the party that supported slavery wants to force low income taxpayers to pay for vacations and restaurant meals for people with college degrees.

Wow, you really need to educate yourself.

You borrow it... you repay it.

/Thread
Fair enough, but is there something to say about an education system that thrives on the exploitation of ignorant young people that lack the life experience to understand the gravity of the choices they are making? Kids grow up being told that if they don't go get a degree they'll be flipping hamburgers their whole life. That scares them, so they try to go to college. Not everybody is blessed in the same ways, so many of them are forced to go into debt if they want to pursue that.

Fair enough, but is there something to say about an education system that thrives on the exploitation of ignorant young people that lack the life experience to understand the gravity of the choices they are making? Kids grow up being told that if they don't go get a degree they'll be flipping hamburgers their whole life. That scares them, so they try to go to college. Not everybody is blessed in the same ways, so many of them are forced to go into debt if they want to pursue that.

You borrow it's your responsibility. End

I said that's fair enough. Will you not even engage the context I added to the conversation?

No. You borrow it it's your responsibility. Not mine, not taxpayers or anyone else.

My husband and I repaid ours in good faith. You do the same

This is my own writing:

November 14, 2022

Actually, the supporters of slavery gave up being Democrats to start their own country in 1860.

Then, the supporters of Jim Crow gave up on being Democrats and switched to Republicans in the 1960s.

Actually, the supporters of slavery gave up being Democrats to start their own country in 1860.

Then, the supporters of Jim Crow gave up on being Democrats and switched to Republicans in the 1960s.

Just like the left is flipping the morality of the ant and grasshopper fable, they continue to try to flip history.

It's what you do.

Who is the Neo-GOP trying to fool?

We only want the low income tax payers to bail out corporations that are too big to fail, dont-cha-no?

Who is the Neo-GOP trying to fool?

We only want the low income tax payers to bail out corporations that are too big to fail, dont-cha-no?

That has nothing to do with topic...why bother

Oh wait... you had to interject big bad corporations. Nothing to do with personal responsibility

Just like the left is flipping the morality of the and grasshopper fable, they continue to try to flip history.

It's what you do.
It's true. The racist southern democrats who opposed the civil rights acts were re-elected to Congress for years before the GOP messaging about the civics minded Liberal democrats took hold, after the old southern racists retired. Now there is no question the south is MAGANUTZ Country.

Forum List

Back