Donald wants to people to spend food stamps on junk food

Canned spray cheese would be considered a "staple" food, according to new policies proposed by the Trump administration. Lowering the the standards for what constitutes a "staple" food will only serve to open the door to businesses to begin accepting food stamps payments despite offering little to no nutritious food items. Which means that it will be easier for food stamps recipients to waste their allowances on junk food.

Once again, Donald betrays the values of Republicans and conservatives.

Trump proposal would allow spray cheese to count as a staple for food stamps
ROFLMFAO

YOU CAN ALREADY USE FOOD STAMPS FOR THAT

Yes, you can. But that is not the issue here. Or, more accurately, that is only a complication.

In order to be able to accept food stamps, a business must provide three staple foods in a handful of categories. So your local grocery store can meet the requirements for the dairy category by offering milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese. But these changes to what qualifies as a staple food reduce the standards to practically being formalities, opening the door for convenience stores to begin accepting food stamps even though the closest thing to a nutritious food item on their shelves are fig newtons. This means that even more taxpayer money will be wasted paying for food stamp funded junk foods.
You can use EBT(link, Chicago)
at the mexican ice cream shop by my house

All the convenience stores and gas stations
take EBT by me

People use their link card to buy Slurpies
candy and soda at 7*11 over here

They can use their link to buy Easter Baskets

Why do liberals hate Trump even when he makes it easier for poor people to use their EBT card to buy food?

Craziness.
FOOD STAMPS SHOULD NOT BE FOR
CANNED CHEESE SODA AND SNACKS

I WORK 2 JOBS AND DONT BUY CANNED CHEESE
BECAUSE ITS TOO EXPENSIVE

FOOD STAMPS SHOULDNT BE FOR CANDY
CHIPS COOKIES SODA, WTF

You sound like Michelle and her stupid school lunch menu.

#ThanksMichelleObama: Kids Tweet Their Gross School Lunch Pics (See more)...

B200bQFCUAAydCP.jpg

Canned spray cheese would be considered a "staple" food, according to new policies proposed by the Trump administration. Lowering the the standards for what constitutes a "staple" food will only serve to open the door to businesses to begin accepting food stamps payments despite offering little to no nutritious food items. Which means that it will be easier for food stamps recipients to waste their allowances on junk food.

ROFLMFAO

Yes, you can. But that is not the issue here. Or, more accurately, that is only a complication.

In order to be able to accept food stamps, a business must provide three staple foods in a handful of categories. So your local grocery store can meet the requirements for the dairy category by offering milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese. But these changes to what qualifies as a staple food reduce the standards to practically being formalities, opening the door for convenience stores to begin accepting food stamps even though the closest thing to a nutritious food item on their shelves are fig newtons. This means that even more taxpayer money will be wasted paying for food stamp funded junk foods.

take EBT by me

My new girlfriend told me when she used to work at a 7/11 they couldn't sell hot food for EBT, but if someone bought a frozen pizza she would heat it up for them..

I never got why they couldn't buy hot food say chicken at the grocery store or at McDonald's or some place

Why do liberals hate Trump even when he makes it easier for poor people to use their EBT card to buy food?

Craziness.

CHIPS COOKIES SODA, WTF

View attachment 263250
Beggars can’t be choosers sweetheart

When they enacted the soda tax,
it was to discourage people from sugary drinks
which contribute to obesity

BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY TAXES WITH LINK
SODA IS THE #1 ITEM PURCHASED WITH FOOD STAMPS
SO, HOW IS SOME FUCKING POLITICIAN
GONNA TELL ME ITS FOR MY OWN GOOD
WHAT I BUY WITH MY MONEY
WHEN MORE FOOD STAMPS ARE USED
FOR SODA THEN ANYTHING ELSE

THATS WHY THEY REPEALED THE TAX

Craziness.

CHIPS COOKIES SODA, WTF

View attachment 263250

WHAT I BUY WITH MY MONEY

This reminds of another site I was on, this liberal and I use to tease each other for years...he would always post him buying steaks and lobster with his food stamps

ROFLMFAO

take EBT by me

My new girlfriend told me when she used to work at a 7/11 they couldn't sell hot food for EBT, but if someone bought a frozen pizza she would heat it up for them..

I never got why they couldn't buy hot food say chicken at the grocery store or at McDonald's or some place
I don’t get it either

You can buy deli trays with your EBT

They should just give people money so they can buy whatever they want.

What's the point of saying they have to buy food?

Maybe they want to buy a paintbrush and paint so they can paint a house and make money.

Whatever. Lording it over people who need help is kinda shitty. If we're going to give them financial support, we should allow them their dignity, deciding how best to spend it themselves.

Craziness.

CHIPS COOKIES SODA, WTF

View attachment 263250

WHAT I BUY WITH MY MONEY

This reminds of another site I was on, this liberal and I use to tease each other for years...he would always post him buying steaks and lobster with his food stamps

It’s enough to drive you nuts!

When I’m using change to buy milk
and someone in front of me in line
has an IPhone, car keys, nails done,
with a cart full of crap, and pull out a link card

I lose it

Craziness.

CHIPS COOKIES SODA, WTF

View attachment 263250

WHAT I BUY WITH MY MONEY

I lose it
Solution is to end all government welfare and make people go to charities and churches if they need a handout.

Maybe they want to buy a paintbrush and paint so they can paint a house and make money.

Agree, but the entire point of food stamps was the military seen how skinny the recruits were and wanted some meat on them...and today they don't want people selling them for drugs and booze.

Agree, but the entire point of food stamps was the military seen how skinny the recruits were and wanted some meat on them...and today they don't want people selling them for drugs and booze.
Well, overweight is the modern problem, even poor people are overweight nowadays.

CHIPS COOKIES SODA, WTF

View attachment 263250

WHAT I BUY WITH MY MONEY

I lose it
Solution is to end all government welfare and make people go to charities and churches if they need a handout.

They should all go to the mythical liberal atheist charities they always talk about.

Well, overweight is the modern problem, even poor people are overweight nowadays.

I forgot about that.

CHIPS COOKIES SODA, WTF

View attachment 263250

WHAT I BUY WITH MY MONEY

I lose it
They cant afford what they dont want to give up
if they have to use their own money for what they need

Name the regulation that stopped people from buying cheese spray before the new policy.

Whatever. Lording it over people who need help is kinda shitty. If we're going to give them financial support, we should allow them their dignity, deciding how best to spend it themselves.

If you pay attention, I am not critiquing those who receive food stamps. I am objecting to convenience stores who don't even offfer real nutritious food items being allowed to accept food stamp payments.

Forum List

Back