Donald Trump, we hardly knew ye

Rumpole

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2023
But, it's all coming back to me now.

Washington Post
Inside the government's racial bias case against Donald Trump's company, and how he fought it.

NBC News
Federal court approves $25 million Trump University Settlement

NYTimes
Trump Pays $2 Million to 8 Charities for Misuse of Foundation

Vox:
[Trump Campaign Manager] Paul Manafort was found guilty on 8 counts

Washington Post:
Rick Gates sentenced to 45 days in jail, 3 years probation for conspiracy and lyng to FBI in Mueller Probe

NYTimes:
Michael Cohen Sentenced to 3 Years After Implicating Trump in Hush-Money Scandal

NYTimes:
Court Suspends Giuliani's Law License, Citing Trump Election Lies

Politico:
D.C. bar panel finds Guiliani violated attorney rules in bid to overturn 2020 election.

AP wire
Trump Political Advisor Roger Stone guilty of witness tampering, lying to Congress

Insider:
Steve Bannon was arrested on a $28 million yacht owned by an exiled Chinese Billionaire

NBC News:
Chinese Billionaire and associate of Steve Bannon arrested on $1 billion fraud conspiracy, officials say

NYTimes;
Trump Impeached for Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress

NYTimes:
Trump Impeached for Inciting Insurrection

NBC News:
Jury Finds Trump Organization guilty of Tax fraud scheme

Not to mention is long time CFO is in Rikers Island, as I write this thread.

Current probes:

WSJ
Special Counsel's Trump Probe Heats Up

BBC News:
Alvin Bragg: the Manhattan District Attorney Investigating Donald Trump

The Washington Post
Fani Willis, the Georgia Prosecutor investigating Trump, has taken on seemingly untouchable targets.

Is anyone really surprised he is going to be indicted?

(headlines don't link, posted just for memory purposes, google if you want to confirm)

Washington Post
Inside the government's racial bias case against Donald Trump's company, and how he fought it.

NBC News

NYTimes

Vox:

Washington Post:
Rick Gates sentenced to 45 days in jail, 3 years probation for conspiracy and lyng to FBI in Mueller Probe

NYTimes:
Michael Cohen Sentenced to 3 Years After Implicating Trump in Hush-Money Scandal

NYTimes:

Politico:
D.C. bar panel finds Guiliani violated attorney rules in bid to overturn 2020 election.

AP wire
Trump Political Advisor Roger Stone guilty of witness tampering, lying to Congress

Insider:
Steve Bannon was arrested on a $28 million yacht owned by an exiled Chinese Billionaire

NBC News:
Chinese Billionaire and associate of Steve Bannon arrested on $1 billion fraud conspiracy, officials say

NYTimes;

NYTimes:

NBC News:

Current probes:

WSJ

BBC News:

The Washington Post
Fani Willis, the Georgia Prosecutor investigating Trump, has taken on seemingly untouchable targets.

(headlines don't link, posted just for memory purposes, google if you want to confirm)
🙄

Washington Post

NBC News

NYTimes

Vox:

Washington Post:

NYTimes:

NYTimes:

Politico:

AP wire

Insider:

NBC News:

NYTimes;

NYTimes:

NBC News:

Current probes:

WSJ

BBC News:

The Washington Post

Well none of those charges got him indicted... so they must be all bullshit.... how many of you libs could stand a 6 year anal exam like Trump?.... I bet you all have cheated on your taxes and stole something... you libs are like that....

Washington Post

NBC News

NYTimes

Vox:

Washington Post:

NYTimes:

NYTimes:

Politico:

AP wire

Insider:

NBC News:

NYTimes;

NYTimes:

NBC News:

Current probes:

WSJ

BBC News:

The Washington Post

Attachments

• 1679365477225.png
    1679365477225.png
    52 KB · Views: 8

Washington Post

NBC News

NYTimes

Vox:

Washington Post:

NYTimes:

NYTimes:

Politico:

AP wire

Insider:

NBC News:

NYTimes;

NYTimes:

NBC News:

Current probes:

WSJ

BBC News:

The Washington Post

Oh look new rookie who joined just before this "historic" arrest. Trump haters never fail to get excited over the latest Democrat distraction. Just like goldfish rising to the fish flakes. Here fishy fishy fishy!

Well none of those charges got him indicted... so they must be all bullshit.... how many of you libs could stand a 6 year anal exam like Trump?.... I bet you all have cheated on your taxes and stole something... you libs are like that....

Rambunctious, it's like this (see if you can follow me on this, it's a small journey)

Imagine you are a prosecutor, state or federal, and you have facts which would conceivably allow you to indict the former President Of the United States, and not just any former president, a very rich former president whose base historically has threatened persons acting in ways not favorable to Trump.

You will be engaging in what is known as a 'maiden voyage prosecution', which is one that has never been done, i.e., the indictment of a former President.

And you know your case, though it might be good, almost always have a few slight defects. Few cases are slam dunk, even obvious ones. Those little defects in your presentation will be exploited, scrutinized, cross-examined, not to mention severely blown out of proportion by Trump in the public sphere, all without regard to costs of defense, all designed to mobilize his base against you. .

And you'd better not lose the case. The old proverb, 'if you shoot an arrow at the king, you'd better not miss' comes to mind.

You will be thrown onto the world stage, you will be making history in the grandest of terms, and your every move, comment, anything and everything will be subject to world scrutiny, reporters will follow you everywhere, as Trump loving protesters will never cease harassing you, threatening your life and that of your loved ones, during the entire proceeding. Trump will make sly comments which will be tacit approval of such acts, such as 'bad things will happen if I am indicted' (while never condoning or being specific as to what those things are).

Trump warns of ‘problems’ like ‘we’ve never seen’ if he’s indicted
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/...like-weve-never-seen-if-hes-indicted-00056911

And Trump will be smearing you all day every day as long as you pursue the case against him, and it will not stop, the harassments by his base will be like a fire hose spraying poison into your house with indefatigable force and Trump will not calm those folks down, unless a number of his peers, or a Judge, orders him to.

And, if you lose the case, hell hath no fury like a Donald Trump on the vengeance path, all directed towards you with the full weight of his base and his wealth..

Ridiculous?

I don't think so. And that is precisely why it is taking so long, the prosecutors do not have deadlines, and when that is true, and it is true, and when it is such a high value target as a former president, a historical first, you know they are going to great lengths to get their royal ducks, thousands and thousands of ducks, in a row. But, once one prosecutor takes the plunge, I believe you will see a domino effect, and any other prosecutor biting his nails about prosecuting Trump, will find it easier to muster the courage to do it.

Or maybe they won't indict, at all. No one really knows.

And if it was a democrat you'd repeat the old mantra "YOU CAN INDICT A HAM SAMMICH"

No, we incarcerated former Governor Rod Blagojevich, we booted Sen. Al Franken, We disbarred Bill Clinton, we indicted Sen. John Edwards, and I can find a nice list of more dems, if you want. We are not afraid to hold our own accountable. However, we just haven't elected anyone like Trump, or Nixon, or Spiro Agnew (vp) so, maybe you're right, but I doubt it. so, in the meantime, I'll file that in the wishful thinking file. Below the executive branch, the Repub v Dem criminal file is about even, but at the executive branch, well, Republicans win the criminal pissing contest, in spades. and this list is about 5 years old.

indictments.jpg

how many of you libs could stand a 6 year anal exam like Trump?
I could without worry or thought, so could hubby, so could mom and dad, so could brother in law and wife, so could my sister.... Off the top of my head, and I'd bet you could too Ram!

I could without worry or thought, so could hubby, so could mom and dad, so could brother in law and wife, so could my sister.... Off the top of my head, and I'd bet you could too Ram!
Nonsense. Most of you libtards are also dishonest and cut corners. And hardly one of you could survive that kind of probe for so many years.

Forum List

Back