Donald Trump was a nightmare landlord in the 1980s

I heard Donald Trump only comes out at night.....that he drinks the blood of his victims....that he can only be killed by driving a steak through his heart.......a Trump Steak.

Last edited:
NEW YORK — When a black woman asked to rent an apartment in a Brooklyn complex managed by Donald Trump’s real estate company, she said she was told that nothing was available. A short time later, a white woman who made the same request was invited to choose between two available apartments.

The two would-be renters on that July 1972 day were actually undercover “testers” for a government-sanctioned investigation to determine whether Trump Management Inc. discriminated against minorities seeking housing at properties across Brooklyn and Queens.

Federal investigators also gathered evidence. Trump employees had secretly marked the applications of minorities with codes, such as “No. 9” and “C” for “colored,” according to government interview accounts filed in federal court. The employees allegedly directed blacks and Puerto Ricans away from buildings with mostly white tenants, and steered them toward properties that had many minorities, the government filings alleged.

In October 1973, the Justice Department filed a civil rights case that accused the Trump firm, whose complexes contained 14,000 apartments, of violating the Fair Housing Act of 1968.

The case, one of the biggest federal housing discrimination suits to be brought during that time, put a spotlight on the family empire led by its 27-year-old president, Donald Trump, and his father, Fred Trump, the chairman, who had begun building houses and apartments in the 1930s. The younger Trump demonstrated the brash, combative style that would make him famous, holding forth at a news conference in a Manhattan hotel to decry the government’s arguments as “such outrageous lies.” He would also say that the company wanted to avoid renting apartments to welfare recipients of any color but never discriminated based on race.

The Trumps retained Roy Cohn, a defense attorney who two decades earlier had been a top aide to Sen. Joseph McCarthy (R-Wis.) during his infamous effort to root out communists in government. Cohn portrayed the Trumps as the victims and counter-sued the government, demanding it pay them $100 million for falsely accusing them of discrimination.

[...]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-governments-racial-bias-case-against-donald-trumps-company-and-how-he-fought-it/2016/01/23/fb90163e-bfbe-11e5-bcda-62a36b394160_story.html

Woody Guthrie wrote bitter lyrics about Donald Trump’s “racist” father
Posted 4:09 pm, January 21, 2016, by KFOR-TV & K. Querry and Nadia Judith Enchassi

ULSA, Okla. – Donald Trump is a polarizing figure in American politics these days.

While many fans believe he is the change that America needs, others see him as the exact opposite.

On Wednesday, Donald visited ORU to continue his campaign for the White House.

“His power, if you will, his passion is the fabric of America,” Sarah Palin said. “It is work ethic and dreams and drive and faith in the almighty.”

However, his recent visit to the Sooner State had some looking back on an old rivalry between a prominent Oklahoman and Donald’s father.

Singer Woody Guthrie was once a tenant in a Brooklyn apartment managed by Fred Trump.

The living arrangement later became material for bitter song lyrics.

The Woody Guthrie Archives in Tulsa has the writings, which were never published, according to Quartz.

In his notebooks, Guthrie wrote:

I suppose
Old Man Trump knows
Just how much
Racial Hate
he stirred up
In the bloodspot of human hearts
When he drawed
That color line
Here at this
Eighteen hundred family project

The Department of Justice sued the Trump real estate business in the 1970s for violating the Fair Housing Act, according to the New York Times.

After Trump Management filed suit against the government, the two sides reached an agreement that “did not constitute an admission of guilt” by Trump or his company.

Guthrie, whose songs advocated for American equality and condemned racism, lamented the lack of diversity among the residents of Trump’s Beach Haven apartments.

Beach Haven ain’t my home!
I just cain’t pay this rent!
My money’s down the drain!
And my soul is badly bent!
Beach Haven looks like heaven
Where no black ones come to roam!
No, no, no! Old Man Trump!
Old Beach Haven ain’t my home!

Recalling these foundations becomes all the more relevant in the wake of the racially charged proclamations of Donald, who last year announced, “My legacy has its roots in my father’s legacy.”

Donald, who is now one of the leading contenders for the GOP, has gained international attention for some of his ideas.

According to Business Insider, Trump has vowed to build a wall along the United States southern border, saying the country needs to reform immigration, along with banning all Muslims from traveling to the country amid a terror attack in California.

While he has come under fire for his controversial plans, Trump said he would make the country safer and would bring jobs back to the U.S. by revamping trade deals and taxes.

http://kfor.com/2016/01/21/woody-guthrie-wrote-bitter-lyrics-about-donald-trumps-racist-father/

It is a WELL KNOWN fact-----that all "LANDLORDS" in New York CITY---
are monsters. Those monster creatures that often decorate old buildings---way
up high----glaring down on the people below----turn into LANDLORDS periodically

I bet he demanded that they pay on time...oh my God! How can any landlord demand on time payments.

I heard Donald Trump only comes out at night.....that he drinks the blood of his victims....that he can only be killed by driving a steak through his heart.......a Trump Steak.

I'm sure their are some people on the left who really believe this.

Forum List

Back