Donald Trump Threatens To Sue Club For Growth Over Campaign Ads

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Lawyers for GOP frontrunner Donald Trump sent Club for Growth a letter Monday demanding that the group cease and desist its ongoing campaign critical of Trump.

The cease and desist demand targets recent TV ads, as well as media interviews promoting the commercials, that suggest Trump is "very liberal." Monday's letter singled out a Club for Growth claim that Trump supports higher taxes, which Trump's legal team says is misleading and comes from a single, 15-year-old article.

"In other words, you lied," the letter said. "Mr. Trump does not support higher taxes. This is the very definition of libel."

The letter goes on to accuse Club for Growth of attempting a "shake-down" because Trump refused to donate $1 million to the group in exchange for its support.

"When Mr. Trump, however, presumably unlike many of the other candidates, refused to succumb to your extortionist demands, your only response was to oppose his inclusion in the August 6, 2015 Fox News Republican Presidential Debate, launch a series of misleading Attack Ads targeting Mr. Trump and, ultimately, endorse certain other candidates," the letter said.

The letter said Club for Growth had the choice of accepting a "one-time opportunity" offer to stop the ads and the related claims, or face a "multi-million dollar lawsuit" against both the organization and its leader, David M. McIntosh.

In a statement Tuesday, Club for Growth dismissed the claims and said it would continue with the campaign targeting Trump.

“Tough guy Donald Trump starts whining when his liberal record is revealed,” McIntosh said in the statement.

Read the letter, released by Trump's campaign Tuesday, here:

Donald Trump Threatens To Sue Club For Growth Over Ad

Trump will soon learn that he can't bully all his critics and expect to get away with it. Trump is now playing in a different league.

Fuck Trump.

He threats to sue everyone. When he loses the nomination and he will, he'll probably threaten to sue all the primary voters...

Fucking douchebag. All he cares about is Donald Trump and at some point the fools will figure this out.

Fuck Trump.

He threats to sue everyone. When he loses the nomination and he will, he'll probably threaten to sue all the primary voters...

Fucking douchebag. All he cares about is Donald Trump and at some point the fools will figure this out.

Let it rock. We have ages to go yet.

This is fun.

Whats this boring we have to clear the plate shit?

Crap. RINOS are deadly boring.

Let's have some fun.

This promises to be like a World Series of Dick Heads. The Superbowl of Assholes. A Championship Game where both sides loose form start to finish.

donald_trump_quote_i_whine_until_i_win_black_cap-r83d31948dffc47b09ac549e68d2c2dc0_v9wfy_8byvr_324.jpg

Duh Donuld says you can't be critical of him?

What a Drama Queen and hugely embarrassing to the US.

i swear that when I starting reading this OP, I thought he was suing that toupee company, but then realized that was named "Men's Hair club"!

good for Mr. Trump , its the way the system works . If Trump had no money the CLUB and its , chamber of commerce thugs and lobbyists and 'rinos' would walk all over Trump . The big thick wallet that TRUMP owns is the difference -------- go Trump !!

good for Mr. Trump , its the way the system works . If Trump had no money the CLUB and its , chamber of commerce thugs and lobbyists and 'rinos' would walk all over Trump . The big thick wallet that TRUMP owns is the difference -------- go Trump !!
Club is financed by Koch brothers. They make Trump look like a chump when it comes to money. At least four of five times the blowhards wealth. They are just getting started.

well , looks like their money don't scare the TRUMP . With this move if you post is accurate then it will just help the TRUMP with his 'cred' Camp . Little guy Trump taking on the big bully 'KOCH' brothers . Ouuu , it doesn't look like the Trump is skeered at all Camp !!

i swear that when I starting reading this OP, I thought he was suing that toupee company, but then realized that was named "Men's Hair club"!

I think they do hair plugs, not toupees - but I had a similar thought.

Come to think of it, "Club for Growth" isn't a bad name for the product. It's more subtle than "Hair Club for Men".

Forum List

Back