Donald Trump Signs Executive Order Revoking Barack Obama’s National Ocean Policy, Opens Oceans to Dr

I don't support increased ocean drilling. We do enough damage to our oceans already. I tend to be a planet over profits kind of person.

You didn't answer his question, just YOUR opinion is all you posted.

Does this mean the numerous natural oil seeps from the ocean floor in the Mexico Gulf needs to be capped?

I don't support increased ocean drilling. We do enough damage to our oceans already. I tend to be a planet over profits kind of person.
Did you read the EO? It doesnt expand drilling.
All i took out of it was he was re-directing the policies of the agency that handles that shit.
He expanded drilling last year.

Thank GOD for Trump. Everything shitstain obama did was designed to hurt us. He gave his destruction nice sounding names to cover it up.

You originally state in the first post:

"What's a few more massive oil spills? There's money to be made!"

Then you were asked this question:

"My question is, what is wrong with this EO?"

You replied with ANOTHER opinion:

"I don't support increased ocean drilling. We do enough damage to our oceans already. I tend to be a planet over profits kind of person."

Opinions is all you offered so far.

You have yet to show WHY his EO is wrong, since there are natural oil seeps already existing in the Gulf of Mexico and in many other areas, yet no measurable damage to them is found. From Wikipedia:

Petroleum seep

"A petroleum seep is a place where natural liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons escape to the earth's atmosphere and surface, normally under low pressure or flow. Seeps generally occur above either terrestrial or offshore petroleum accumulation structures.[1][not in citation given] The hydrocarbons may escape along geological layers, or across them through fractures and fissures in the rock, or directly from an outcrop of oil-bearing rock.

Petroleum seeps are quite common in many areas of the world, and have been exploited by humankind since paleolithic times. Natural products associated with these seeps include bitumen, pitch, asphalt and tar. In locations where seeps of natural gas are sufficiently large, natural "eternal flames" often persist. The occurrence of surface petroleum was often included in location names that developed; these locations are also associated with early oil and gas exploitation as well as scientific and technological developments, which have grown into the petroleum industry."

You didn't answer his question, just YOUR opinion is all you posted.

Does this mean the numerous natural oil seeps from the ocean floor in the Mexico Gulf needs to be capped?
Why no, we will just open some really big holes, and take the pressure off them. Don't need those stinken' fish and shrimp in the Gulf, anyway.

Did you read the EO? It doesnt expand drilling.
All i took out of it was he was re-directing the policies of the agency that handles that shit.
He expanded drilling last year.
Notice how they are not jumping in on the exploitation.

What's a few more massive oil spills? There's money to be made!

While We Weren't Looking, Donald Trump Just Reversed Another Obama-Era Environmental Regulation

President Donald Trump quietly signed an executive order rescinding Obama-era protections of U.S. oceans, coastlines, and Great Lakes waters on Tuesday, just weeks after proclaiming June “National Ocean Month.”
Trump is now allowing companies to go into our National Forests and drill and mine. So much for much of our wildlife habitats, hiking areas and camping sites. By the time he's done, it'll just be people, pets, parking lots, assorted business buildings, mining and drilling companies. If people want to enjoy the forest, they'll just have to have various DVD's of them.

Forum List

Back