Remember when? Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses

Lots of empathy there.
I shed more tears then than the ah trump has done all his life ,,,,FORE ,,,,,,
I'll bet you're a big weepy fool.
Yep Tears come easy nowadays
We all know you Trump hating scum stood up an cheered when you heard about the mass shooting in El Paso.

Pretty much everything you all know is wrong.
I've been telling bri that forever ,,,but the more I try to teach him ,the less he learns Typical Repub

It is ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL to remove someones right to a firearm via a panel or by administrative process. EVERYONE that is accused of some crime or law that allows that MUST be JUDGED by an actual Judge to lose the right.

I don't agree with what Trump did. The NRA could end up costing Republicans the Senate and possibly even the White House. People who are getting Social Security checks for mental illness or who are deemed unfit to handle their own finances don't need to be buying guns. This is a perfectly reasonable precaution, and I bet Trump was talked into repealing it by the NRA and its supporters in Congress and on his staff.

I don't agree with what Trump did. The NRA could end up costing Republicans the Senate and possibly even the White House. People who are getting Social Security checks for mental illness or who are deemed unfit to handle their own finances don't need to be buying guns. This is a perfectly reasonable precaution, and I bet Trump was talked into repealing it by the NRA and its supporters.
Wrong, the process that the social security uses to make those judgements is NOT a court and has no authority to remove rights.

It is ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL to remove someones right to a firearm via a panel or by administrative process. EVERYONE that is accused of some crime or law that allows that MUST be JUDGED by an actual Judge to lose the right.
Nope. You must be judged by a jury of your peers. A judge cannot take away your constitutional rights.

I don't agree with what Trump did. The NRA could end up costing Republicans the Senate and possibly even the White House. People who are getting Social Security checks for mental illness or who are deemed unfit to handle their own finances don't need to be buying guns. This is a perfectly reasonable precaution, and I bet Trump was talked into repealing it by the NRA and its supporters in Congress and on his staff.

In fairness, the NRA did contribute $30 million toward Trump's election. Promises were made and gifts exchanged.

We all know you Trump hating scum stood up an cheered when you heard about the mass shooting in El Paso.

Wrong. We know you Trump haters love mass shootings. Did you watch how all the fake news hosts got so excited about it?
Only mass shooting I'd love is in a packed house at the RNC building
Shall I report you to the proper authorities so they can disarm you?
Yeah, Edward seems mentally unstable to me. He should be stripped of the right to own a firearm.

Wrong. We know you Trump haters love mass shootings. Did you watch how all the fake news hosts got so excited about it?
Only mass shooting I'd love is in a packed house at the RNC building
Shall I report you to the proper authorities so they can disarm you?
Haven't carried a weapon since my Army days

With all of the rancor towards the so called deplorables, the highest percentage of unstable are the Progs. You see and hear about it every day it seems.

I don't agree with what Trump did. The NRA could end up costing Republicans the Senate and possibly even the White House. People who are getting Social Security checks for mental illness or who are deemed unfit to handle their own finances don't need to be buying guns. This is a perfectly reasonable precaution, and I bet Trump was talked into repealing it by the NRA and its supporters.

Wrong, the process that the social security uses to make those judgements is NOT a court and has no authority to remove rights.

The SSA is not a court, but they do require proof of mental illness before approving a mental-illness-based benefit. Plus, someone who is getting mental-illness disability payments had to apply for that benefit, or someone in their family applied for them. I say such a person should not be allowed to buy a gun. I think that's a reasonable, prudent precaution.

A blast from the past.

Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses

The new law nullifies an Obama-backed rule that added people with mental illnesses to the national background check database.
By Ali Vitali
Feb. 28, 2017

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

Had the rule fully taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added about 75,000 names to that database.

President Barack Obama recommended the now-nullified regulation in a 2013 memo following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which left 20 first graders and six others dead. The measure sought to block some people with severe mental health problems from buying guns.

Trump signs bill revoking Obama-era gun checks for mental illness

So with all these people having mental problems pulling triggers, thank Trump for this.
Good, because those bull shit laws do nothing and you are a liar.

Obama sang Amazing Grace Trump played golf and went to a wedding Trump is lower than shark shit

Robert%20Byrd%20funeral-M.jpg

march-22-2016-S.jpg

A blast from the past.

Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses

The new law nullifies an Obama-backed rule that added people with mental illnesses to the national background check database.
By Ali Vitali
Feb. 28, 2017

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

Had the rule fully taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added about 75,000 names to that database.

President Barack Obama recommended the now-nullified regulation in a 2013 memo following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which left 20 first graders and six others dead. The measure sought to block some people with severe mental health problems from buying guns.

Trump signs bill revoking Obama-era gun checks for mental illness

So with all these people having mental problems pulling triggers, thank Trump for this.
Would that law have stopped the recent shootings?

:dunno:
Nope.

Like you would know.

I never thought I would see the day when black men would stand against their own.

I never thought I would see the day when black men would stand WITH political elites trying to empower the police, disarm civilians, and create an atmosphere where more police brutality would be possible.

I never thought I would see the day, where they would turn their backs on Black Lives Matter, and give up the struggle? :dunno:

Could it be possible that they really don't know this is not about saving lives and this is about stripping freedom and sovereignty away from them and making sure the MAN has all the power and that they have none?

Do they really not know that the major push behind the lobbying to reform gun law is Everytown for Gun Safety?

Everytown for Gun Safety is largely financed by Michael Bloomberg,[9] who also founded the group.[10]
Everytown for Gun Safety - Wikipedia

The real reason Michael Bloomberg cares about guns
OPINION: The real reason Michael Bloomberg cares about guns

"Despite its notoriety, the NRA spends only about $20 million a year, and relies heavily on the grassroots enthusiasm of its members. Bloomberg, on the other hand, shrugged at the idea of throwing in an experimental $50 million “as if he were describing the tip he left on a restaurant check.”

<snip>

". . . .If Bloomberg wanted to spend some pocket change to undermine any other constitutional right, liberals would quickly complain about how the nation’s elites use their money to over influence policy and consolidate power away from the broader citizenry. The billionaire Koch brothers, who fund numerous conservative and libertarian causes, have become archetypes of this phenomenon, to the benefit of Obama-aligned outrage sites such as Salon and ThinkProgress. But when it comes to the Second Amendment, liberals don’t see a question of freedom or liberty, even when a billionaire tries to buy it away.

What really irks Bloomberg about the right to bear arms isn’t the red herrings we throw around in the gun rights debate, such as hunting or self-defense. Rather, he hates its foundation in popular sovereignty. It’s easy to forget that when the Bill of Rights was being drafted, the founding fathers took for granted that the United States would not field an army during peacetime. With the enumerated rights to association and the press — as well as arms — they attempted to place the tools of 18th century revolution (and thus American sovereignty) permanently in the hands of the enfranchised public. Militias weren’t supposed to be local armies, they were supposed to be the Army. As Rep. Samuel Nasson wrote to Rep. George Thatcher in 1789, “Spare me on the subject of Standing armeys in a time of Peace they allway was first or last the downfall of all free Governments it was by their help Caesar made proud Rome Own a Tyrant and a Traytor for a Master.”

"I have my own army in the NYPD, which is the seventh-biggest army in the world."

Michael Bloomberg
Former mayor of New York City

Bloomberg has never had a problem with standing armies; in 2011 he even bragged to an audience at MIT, “I have my own army in the NYPD, which is the seventh biggest army in the world.” The NYPD is the largest, best-equipped municipal police force in the country, and its influence extends far beyond American territorial borders. It operates in 11 foreign cities and runs its own foreign policy and intelligence network. Bloomberg personally boasted that the NYPD has the capacity to shoot down passenger planes. It’s clear from his record that it’s not the “gun” part of “gun control” Bloomberg is interested in.

Whose guns?

There’s no doubt America needs to curb gun use and possession. The question is, whose guns? There are 34,500 members of the NYPD, and in 2012 they fatally shot 16 people. That gives Bloomberg’s army a rate of over 46 shooting deaths per 100,000, killing people at a clip that dwarfs any civilian level in the country. To put it in perspective, Chicago — an American city known for gun violence — hit its peak murder rate of 34 per 100,000 in 1992. American law enforcement is increasingly militarized — as Radley Balko reports in his book “Rise of the Warrior Cop”: “Driven by martial rhetoric and the availability of military-style equipment — from bayonets and M-16 rifles to armored personnel carriers — American police forces have often adopted a mind-set previously reserved for the battlefield.” And this army takes a lot of prisoners: While gun violence has markedly declined following heightened crime in the ’90s, incarceration rates haven’t returned to earth, nearly quintupling since the early ’70s, making Americans the most imprisoned people in the world.. . . "

Stop being a servant for the master. This isn't about saving lives, it is about taking freedom away. The STATE will still unreasonably kill people, and it won't be held to account. . . even less so.

Due process? Kids who get shot by crazies don't get any due process. It's not an infringement on the Second Amendment to say that if you are getting mental-illness disability payments or have been judged incapable of handling your own finances, you should not be able to buy a gun. The Constitution was never meant to be a suicide pact.

What about "well regulated militia" do these radicals not understand?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
What about "the right of the people" do you not understand?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lots of empathy there.

You certainly haven't proved it.

Come on bri,,you support a yellow bullying racist what is one to think of you??

Trump isn't any of those things. Poeple think you're a cock sucking moron.

Trump isn't any of those things. Poeple think you're a cock sucking moron.
There you go again ,,,Making up shit Seems that's your claim to fame ,,that and kissing trump ass

Forum List

Back