Don’t force your religion on me.

We have a freedom of religion and a freedom of speech. You on the other hand do not have a freedom from religion.

Why not? What does that mean, exactly?

because freedom from religion would require everyone else to suppress their codified freedom of religion to protect you from having to be aware of it. there is no such right to be unaware of and oblivious to other people's beliefs.

Someone has to help me on this one, while it seems we pay for a lot of things that people don't agree with, for instance, Wars, Environmental Programs, etc etc. that taxpayers pay for, if the 1st Amendment issue was one that held sway here, then it would also hold sway on every issue that someones religion would take issue with. The bottom line as i see the comments here is peoples objection to how their tax dollars are spent, well join the club, Americans have been objecting about that since before John Hancock's signature was dry. The point is, we elect those who represent us to spend our tax dollars for us in a wise manner and if we do not want them spent on such things as contraceptives then elect a majority to make that happen. As for myself while it's my personal belief abortion is wrong, it is also my belief that my rights end where anothers begin and as such a woman should be allowed to have a choice both moral and physical when it comes to this.

Its very nice to read a sensible and down to earth pov.

How are things in AZ? I've been gone from there for a few years. Beautiful place but with some real crazies running the show.

Romney has always been a moderate and rational conservative. I don't appreciate the fact that he has to don conservative whiskers to placate the GOP base but I'm fairly certain he is still a moderate (a RINO to conservatives) and will preside fairly.

I do NOT beileve he wants to push religion on anyone
This is what makes him dangerous. He's a windsock with no beliefs of his own. He'll say anything to get elected and then do anything Bush's Brain and his owners tell him to do.

Like it or not, a huge difference between the candidates is that Obama, while raising more $, most of his contributions have been $250 or less. Most of Rmoney's have come from his one percent cronies. They own him.

A woman's rights end when they interfere with the rights of another, i.e., her child.

If what you say bout o's contributors is true, it just means he takes advantage of the poor more willingly and often than Romney.

I agree but this thread is not about children.

Just when I think you loonies can't twist things any more, you come up with this.

Remember back before teepotters were bought by the Koch brothers? Remember when it really was a "grass roots" movement?

The very fact that so many millions of Americans have contributed to the re-election of President Obama makes that a grass rooms effort.

Sharia law. Yep - laws based on religious dogma. This is still the United States and unless the fundies take over, you don't have the right to force your beliefs re abortion, on others.

You're an idiot.

Really, there's no point in even responding to your ongoing stream of blather.

But you did.

Incorrectly.

THREE (3) TIMES!

That's okay though. You can go now.

:badgrin:

DON’T FORCE YOUR RELIGION ON ME.
Romney/Ryan’s radical religious beliefs that life began at conceptions and abortion are murder don’t give them the right to force their religious beliefs on me no more than radical Islam force their religious belief and Sharia law on me. My freedom of religion should protect me. I may be an atheist and believe in evolution and not creation. Just because you believe in GOD or ALLAH do not mean I have to. I may not believe in war and don’t want my taxes going to support war but it does and I accept that and respect that of my Government. My religious freedom allows me to have an abortion.

Romney/Ryan want to force their religious belief by way of law on others and that is not different than radical Muslim forcing Sharia law on others.

Individual liberty allows you to seek an abortion, not religion.

If it were up to religion, everybody would be like Rick Santorum or Mitt Romney or Todd Akin, and America would be a lot less fun.

Romney/Ryan want to force their religious belief by way of law on others and that is not different than radical Muslim forcing Sharia law on others.

Should prostitution in your view be legal? Should drugs be legal? If people own their own bodies, what about keeping the fruits of the labor earned with their bodies?

Unlike you, I mean what you are saying. We own our bodies, for you it's selective ownership.

Romney/Ryan’s radical religious beliefs that life began at conceptions and abortion are murder don’t give them the right to force their religious beliefs on me no more than radical Islam force their religious belief and Sharia law on me. My freedom of religion should protect me. I may be an atheist and believe in evolution and not creation. Just because you believe in GOD or ALLAH do not mean I have to. I may not believe in war and don’t want my taxes going to support war but it does and I accept that and respect that of my Government. My religious freedom allows me to have an abortion.

We have a freedom of religion and a freedom of speech. You on the other hand do not have a freedom from religion. Noone is pushing anything on you, so stop your fucking whining already.

Typical ignorance of many on the right.

Again, we have freedom from religion in that the state may not codify religious dogma into secular law, the state may not inappropriately conjoin church and State to the extent that religious dogma becomes part of mandated public policy.

The belief that ‘personhood’ begins at conception, for example, is religious dogma, not legal fact; which is why so-called ‘personhood’ laws are struck down as un-Constitutional, as was the case in Oklahoma earlier this year.

Typical blather of a person that thinks he understands the law. Did you ever think that, if you really understood the law, you would be able to get an actual job as a lawyer?

There is nothing in the constitution that prohibits it from codifying the Judeo-Christian belief that murder is wrong into the law. What the Constitution does is prevent the government from declaring that Scientology is the official religion of the United States, and that everyone has undergo auditing on a regular basis. It also prevents the government from telling people that can't believe in Dianetics of they want to.

The fact that life begins at conception is science. You can argue with science all day long, and even force Galileo to recant, eppur si muove. Insisting on your definition of life despite all the scientific evidence to the contrary means you are the one who is resorting to dogma and ignoring facts. The fact that it is legal does not make it right.

kaz

"Should prostitution in your view be legal? Should drugs be legal?"

Yes and Yes

both should be legal, regulated and taxed

Its very nice to read a sensible and down to earth pov.

How are things in AZ? I've been gone from there for a few years. Beautiful place but with some real crazies running the show.

This is what makes him dangerous. He's a windsock with no beliefs of his own. He'll say anything to get elected and then do anything Bush's Brain and his owners tell him to do.

Like it or not, a huge difference between the candidates is that Obama, while raising more $, most of his contributions have been $250 or less. Most of Rmoney's have come from his one percent cronies. They own him.

A woman's rights end when they interfere with the rights of another, i.e., her child.

If what you say bout o's contributors is true, it just means he takes advantage of the poor more willingly and often than Romney.

I agree but this thread is not about children.

Just when I think you loonies can't twist things any more, you come up with this.

Remember back before teepotters were bought by the Koch brothers? Remember when it really was a "grass roots" movement?

The very fact that so many millions of Americans have contributed to the re-election of President Obama makes that a grass rooms effort.

Sharia law. Yep - laws based on religious dogma. This is still the United States and unless the fundies take over, you don't have the right to force your beliefs re abortion, on others.

You're an idiot.

Really, there's no point in even responding to your ongoing stream of blather.
But you did.

Incorrectly.

THREE (3) TIMES!

That's okay though. You can go now.

:badgrin:

Is there a contest for dumbest post that I missed the announcement for? Obama has a well organized top down campaign, it is about as far from grass roots as it is possible to get. The fact that he raised more money last month than any president in history, and that he actually raised more than most presidents did their entire lives, proves that beyond debate.

If it were up to religion, everybody would be like Rick Santorum or Mitt Romney or Todd Akin, and America would be a lot less fun.

You should look up the word Dionysian, then come back and tell me religion is no fun.

WHEN Romney wins it will be because of sane and rational MODERATES.

But I still expect the dangerously deranged extemist conservatives to say;

WE PUT YOU IN OFFICE NOW YOU MUST START IMPLEMENTING OUR AGENDA!

You can bet that will be the FIRST thing limbaugh will say to his 20 million dittoheads

Don't make me a party to whatever Sandy Fluke does with her vagina

No one asked you to. Including her.

You need to stop listening to the LIES jackasses like dredge, fux and lushbo are telling about what she REALLY said.

Try thinking for yourself.

She wants me to pay for her contraception when she can walk her fat ass into any drug store and pick it up herself. She's a typical Progressive

Don't make me a party to whatever Sandy Fluke does with her vagina

You need to stop listening to the LIES jackasses like dredge, fux and lushbo are telling about what she REALLY said.

She wants me to pay for her contraception when she can walk her fat ass into any drug store and pick it up herself. She's a typical Progressive

How UNBIASED of you!

:lol:

How UNBIASED of you!

:lol:

When Fluke demanded her contraception be funded by others using government force, she opened the door herself to those others having an opinion on her need for contraception. She doesn't get selective privacy and she's the one who chose to make her sex life not private.

interesting that the left defines 'fun' as 'killing unborn babies'. pretty much says everything you need to know about these evil pieces of putrescence.

If your freedom of religion allowed you to kill Infidels, would you be claiming that we should respect that too?

When a lefty says anything about having the *right* not to have religion *forced* upon them, what they mean is you don't have the *right* to freedom of speech or religion because they don't approve.

Their *rights* always include the violation of the rights of another.

When a lefty says anything about having the *right* not to have religion *forced* upon them, what they mean is you don't have the *right* to freedom of speech or religion because they don't approve.

Not sure if you'd consider me a 'lefty' or not, but when I say it I mean that the government doesn't have any business - ie is constitutionally prohibited from - passing laws or implementing policy that either promotes or discourages religious beliefs.

It's fine, for example, if you want to take the day off on Sunday for worship, but don't make laws telling the rest of us we must do likewise.

Not sure if you'd consider me a 'lefty' or not, but when I say it I mean that the government doesn't have any business - ie is constitutionally prohibited from - passing laws or implementing policy that either promotes or discourages religious beliefs.

It's fine, for example, if you want to take the day off on Sunday for worship, but don't make laws telling the rest of us we must do likewise.

who's trying to?

Forum List

Back