Don’t force your religion on me.

DON’T FORCE YOUR RELIGION ON ME.
Romney/Ryan’s radical religious beliefs that life began at conceptions and abortion are murder don’t give them the right to force their religious beliefs on me no more than radical Islam force their religious belief and Sharia law on me. My freedom of religion should protect me. I may be an atheist and believe in evolution and not creation. Just because you believe in GOD or ALLAH do not mean I have to. I may not believe in war and don’t want my taxes going to support war but it does and I accept that and respect that of my Government. My religious freedom allows me to have an abortion.

Romney/Ryan want to force their religious belief by way of law on others and that is not different than radical Muslim forcing Sharia law on others.

So, Romney is forcing religion on you? Huh....You're the only one.

so....

LadyGunSlinger
I've never in my life heard anyone say what you just did.. NOT ONE PERSON..

. you are one of the examples as to why the Military LOATHE liberals and the Democrat Party.

------------------
even though ladygunslinger ADMITS that she has "never in my life heard anyone say what you just did.. NOT ONE PERSON.. "

she manages to claim that ALL IBERALS and DEMOCRATs are are guilty of believing the very thing she has NEVER IN HER LIFE HEARD ONE PERSON SAY!

now THAT is conservative!

and note how she manages to accuse ALL LIBERALS and ALL DEMOCRATS for a "crime" committed by 1 guy who claims he isn't even a democrat!

Had a liberal accused ALL cons of some crime they werent guilty of she would be amongst the first to say

"typical of you libtards to accuse ALL conservatives..."

I guess it mus be typical of contards, too

"So, Romney is forcing religion on you? Huh....You're the only one. "

---------------

I don't think Romney wil force his religion on us.

I think congressman Broun would
I think sarah palin and michelle bachmann and glenn beck would

I think sniperfire and laygunslinger would

I think MOST of the GOP base would

But I don't believe Romney would

I also believe that after Romney wins the election his base will start to say;

ok Romney....now that WE put you in office...you MUST start impementing OUR agenda!

Romney/Ryan’s radical religious beliefs that life began at conceptions and abortion are murder don’t give them the right to force their religious beliefs on me no more than radical Islam force their religious belief and Sharia law on me. My freedom of religion should protect me. I may be an atheist and believe in evolution and not creation. Just because you believe in GOD or ALLAH do not mean I have to. I may not believe in war and don’t want my taxes going to support war but it does and I accept that and respect that of my Government. My religious freedom allows me to have an abortion.

Romney/Ryan want to force their religious belief by way of law on others and that is not different than radical Muslim forcing Sharia law on others.

Stop forcing your stupidity on me.

---------------

ok Romney....now that WE put you in office...you MUST start impementing OUR agenda!

As if you know me Noob? Prove your assertion.. You said I along with most of the Conservative base would force religion on people.. PROVE IT.. Don't tell me.. SHOW ME. Put up or shut up.

If Romney wins the election it won't be because his base put him in office. The base of either party isn't large enough to put anyone in the office of president.

Couldn't a Catholic pharmacist still refuse to give it to you?

probably. so what? i don't consider my life to hinge on forcing other people to participate in and approve of my decisions. should that have happened, i would have taken my prescription and my money elsewhere.

I expect my local pharmacy to supply birth control when it is requested.

Good for you! If I'm a pharmacist who's values prohibit me from selling certain products, I will expect YOU to buy your birth control elsewhere.

Yeah, that's about right.

Christian right totalitarianism doesn't look nearly so oppressive as Sharia law, of course, but it's still a form of religious totalitarianism that is an affront to the USA concept of religious freedom.

C Clayton Jones
Typical ignorance of many on the right.

Again, we have freedom from religion in that the state may not codify religious dogma into secular law, the state may not inappropriately conjoin church and State to the extent that religious dogma becomes part of mandated public policy.

The belief that ‘personhood’ begins at conception, for example, is religious dogma, not legal fact; which is why so-called ‘personhood’ laws are struck down as un-Constitutional, as was the case in Oklahoma earlier this year.

Law based on religious dogma is sharia law.

Putting that aside, no one has the right to control another person's body. If we were talking about assisted suicide, do I have the right to take that right away from someone else?

All of the childish name calling from the rw's does not change that. And, the constant lies about your tax dollars being used to fund birth control and/or abortion are just plain stupid.

The original title of the thread says it all - "Don't force your religion on me". In return, I will not force my beliefs on you.

---------------

You 'think' a lot... pity that it's all fucking gibberish.

Someone has to help me on this one, while it seems we pay for a lot of things that people don't agree with, for instance, Wars, Environmental Programs, etc etc. that taxpayers pay for, if the 1st Amendment issue was one that held sway here, then it would also hold sway on every issue that someones religion would take issue with. The bottom line as i see the comments here is peoples objection to how their tax dollars are spent, well join the club, Americans have been objecting about that since before John Hancock's signature was dry. The point is, we elect those who represent us to spend our tax dollars for us in a wise manner and if we do not want them spent on such things as contraceptives then elect a majority to make that happen. As for myself while it's my personal belief abortion is wrong, it is also my belief that my rights end where anothers begin and as such a woman should be allowed to have a choice both moral and physical when it comes to this.

Its very nice to read a sensible and down to earth pov.

How are things in AZ? I've been gone from there for a few years. Beautiful place but with some real crazies running the show.

Romney has always been a moderate and rational conservative. I don't appreciate the fact that he has to don conservative whiskers to placate the GOP base but I'm fairly certain he is still a moderate (a RINO to conservatives) and will preside fairly.

I do NOT beileve he wants to push religion on anyone

This is what makes him dangerous. He's a windsock with no beliefs of his own. He'll say anything to get elected and then do anything Bush's Brain and his owners tell him to do.

Like it or not, a huge difference between the candidates is that Obama, while raising more $, most of his contributions have been $250 or less. Most of Rmoney's have come from his one percent cronies. They own him.

Someone has to help me on this one, while it seems we pay for a lot of things that people don't agree with, for instance, Wars, Environmental Programs, etc etc. that taxpayers pay for, if the 1st Amendment issue was one that held sway here, then it would also hold sway on every issue that someones religion would take issue with. The bottom line as i see the comments here is peoples objection to how their tax dollars are spent, well join the club, Americans have been objecting about that since before John Hancock's signature was dry. The point is, we elect those who represent us to spend our tax dollars for us in a wise manner and if we do not want them spent on such things as contraceptives then elect a majority to make that happen. As for myself while it's my personal belief abortion is wrong, it is also my belief that my rights end where anothers begin and as such a woman should be allowed to have a choice both moral and physical when it comes to this.

I've said much the same thing. As a Catholic, I am pro-life. I accept other's right to think otherwise. What I will not accept is taxpayer funding for abortion or birth control. I won't pay for it. You are welcome to it, as long as I ain't paying for it. Not overly complicated.... but it does appear to be over the intellectual paygrade of the moronic borg of the left.

Its very nice to read a sensible and down to earth pov.

How are things in AZ? I've been gone from there for a few years. Beautiful place but with some real crazies running the show.

Romney has always been a moderate and rational conservative. I don't appreciate the fact that he has to don conservative whiskers to placate the GOP base but I'm fairly certain he is still a moderate (a RINO to conservatives) and will preside fairly.

I do NOT beileve he wants to push religion on anyone
This is what makes him dangerous. He's a windsock with no beliefs of his own. He'll say anything to get elected and then do anything Bush's Brain and his owners tell him to do.

Like it or not, a huge difference between the candidates is that Obama, while raising more $, most of his contributions have been $250 or less. Most of Rmoney's have come from his one percent cronies. They own him.

A woman's rights end when they interfere with the rights of another, i.e., her child.

If what you say bout o's contributors is true, it just means he takes advantage of the poor more willingly and often than Romney.

Yeah, that's about right.

Christian right totalitarianism doesn't look nearly so oppressive as Sharia law, of course, but it's still a form of religious totalitarianism that is an affront to the USA concept of religious freedom.

C Clayton Jones

Again, we have freedom from religion in that the state may not codify religious dogma into secular law, the state may not inappropriately conjoin church and State to the extent that religious dogma becomes part of mandated public policy.

The belief that ‘personhood’ begins at conception, for example, is religious dogma, not legal fact; which is why so-called ‘personhood’ laws are struck down as un-Constitutional, as was the case in Oklahoma earlier this year.
Law based on religious dogma is sharia law.

Putting that aside, no one has the right to control another person's body. If we were talking about assisted suicide, do I have the right to take that right away from someone else?

All of the childish name calling from the rw's does not change that. And, the constant lies about your tax dollars being used to fund birth control and/or abortion are just plain stupid.

The original title of the thread says it all - "Don't force your religion on me". In return, I will not force my beliefs on you.

You're an idiot.

Really, there's no point in even responding to your ongoing stream of blather.

I've said much the same thing. As a Catholic, I am pro-life. I accept other's right to think otherwise. What I will not accept is taxpayer funding for abortion or birth control. I won't pay for it. You are welcome to it, as long as I ain't paying for it. Not overly complicated.... but it does appear to be over the intellectual paygrade of the moronic borg of the left.

I'm not Catholic. I was pro abortion until it became grotesque and absurd. I accept another's right to have whatever opinion they wish. I just don't want to pay for someone else's abortion or birth control. You're right. This isn't complicated. Nor is it confined to the religious or the Catholic.

I've said much the same thing. As a Catholic, I am pro-life. I accept other's right to think otherwise. What I will not accept is taxpayer funding for abortion or birth control. I won't pay for it. You are welcome to it, as long as I ain't paying for it. Not overly complicated.... but it does appear to be over the intellectual paygrade of the moronic borg of the left.[/
QUOTE]

Better move to South Dakota, then. It's the only way to get your way. Such an intellect as yourself didn't know that? Tsk.

National Abortion Federation: Public Funding for Abortion: Medicaid and the Hyde Amendment

Regards from Rosie

This deserves its own category of of epic faceplams.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA06Z5e1ZFc]Facepalm Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

We have a freedom of religion and a freedom of speech. You on the other hand do not have a freedom from religion. Noone is pushing anything on you, so stop your fucking whining already.

tell you what, sparkles. you let us know when romney and the 'eeevil republicans' propose a law making christianity the official religion of the united states. until then, how about you stick to the fucking topic instead of telling us how you have to attack religious people in order to prevent something nobody is fucking trying to do?

that straw man needs to head back out to the barn to feed the cows.

by the way, dipshit, no one believes 'personhood' begins at conception. we believe life and humanity begin at conception, and that 'personhood' is a bullshit concept you leftists made up when it turned out that your heinous position didn't have a scientific leg to stand on. you self-avowed 'science worshippers' couldn't wait to redefine the argument away from anything that smacked of facts.

don't try to dignify your fuzzy-wuzzy leftist crap by pretending we accept it.

Forum List

Back