DOMA ruled unconstitutional

BOSTON — An appeals court ruled Thursday that a law that denies a host of federal benefits to gay married couples is unconstitutional.

The 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston said the Defense of Marriage Act, which defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman, discriminates against gay couples.

The law was passed in 1996 at a time when it appeared Hawaii would legalize gay marriage. Since then, many states have instituted their own bans on gay marriage, while eight states have approved it, led by Massachusetts in 2004

:clap:

Boston court: Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional - BostonHerald.com

i guess the judges forgot to read the bible.

:rofl:
This puts Roberts court in a very difficult position. Good. They can earn their pay the right way.

no it doesn't, but feel free to spin it that way. :thup:

course it does. I am curious to see if the Roberts Court is going to legislate new law.

I had long time family friends who were like extra gandparents to me who were first cousins.

The fell in love and desided to marry and made the wise decision NOT to have children because of it.

They were good kind decent people who happened to fall in love.

They followed their hearts and used their heads.

Not a bad combo that

TDMI
:eek:

Homosexuality and acceptance of same sex relationships are not values passed along from civilization and societal structure to succeeding civilizations and societal structure. Historically the normalization of homosexuality is part of whatever degeneracy exists to cause collapse.

What looks likely is that western civilization itself will be submerged under the rise of iislam with gays and lesbians rounded up and executed en masse.

Guess what. It's not about your flat earth value system. It's about equal protection under the law.

It's about being able to recognize that some things are worthy of intolerance. It's about the ability to make sound judgments and not accepting everything including that which should be unacceptable.

Homosexuality and acceptance of same sex relationships are not values passed along from civilization and societal structure to succeeding civilizations and societal structure. Historically the normalization of homosexuality is part of whatever degeneracy exists to cause collapse.

What looks likely is that western civilization itself will be submerged under the rise of iislam with gays and lesbians rounded up and executed en masse.

Oh noes run for your life here come the gay people

Gay has exsisted since the begining of mankind.

we have survived just fine.

Gays have existed since the beginning of time as a naturally occuring benign anomaly. Only when homosexuality is accepted and treated as normal does it become toxic and has already contributed to the poisoning and death of many civilizations prior to ours. Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, every one of them became increasingly accepting of degeneracy as a whole, homosexuality included, and each of them was overcome by a more robust people. We are not special, we are not different and we will end the same way.

its the gays who ruined everything huh?

Your fucking insane

I had long time family friends who were like extra gandparents to me who were first cousins.

The fell in love and desided to marry and made the wise decision NOT to have children because of it.

Not a bad combo that

TDMI

why is that too much info?

It is NONE of my business.

Its not your either.

The only problem with it is procreating and there are people who procreate who logically should not if they care about possible harm to the fetus due to gene problems.

They are not legally bound to NOT procreate because they have gene problems.

You can not tell people who to have sex with.

Its none of your business.

The thought of it turns my stomach but it is not my choice its theirs.

That is what a real commitment to freedom looks like.

Letting other decide what their lives will be as long as it doesnt hurt others.

It's also none of your business if someone has healthcare coverage or not, but you make it your business to force it on them.

Nope you are wrong.

that one does effect others.

so you fail

And gays getting sick because of AIDS is not a cost on the healthcare system and deformed children because of in breeding is not another cost on healthcare system?

You lefties love the 14th Amendment, which doesn't pertain to marriage. We're not going to allow you to manipulate and twist the US Constitution for your agenda.

The 14th Amendment protects the rights of the individual. I guess that's why wingnuts hate it. It resulted in states no longer being able to claim separate, but equal.

Well, Roberts must like the 14th Amendment. He was able to dig up some marginalia, which was never part of any opinion, to give limited liability corporations the rights reserved for individuals.

As for your contention that the 14 Amendment not pertaining to marriage, you don't know what you're talking about. It certainly pertained to Loving v Virginia.

one was a man and one was a vagina.

10623_544032472948_54700098_31934456_5259193_n.jpg

Guess what. It's not about your flat earth value system. It's about equal protection under the law.

It's about being able to recognize that some things are worthy of intolerance. It's about the ability to make sound judgments and not accepting everything including that which should be unacceptable.

Yup, universal marriage is worthy of being intolerant of your silly ways.

True liberals will support incest, polygamy, beastiality, objectophilia, it's part of their twisted philosophy of freedom without even realizing that it's accepting of these things that is even more destructive than the person that does them.

Your a fucking lying idiot.

Not a bad combo that

TDMI

Nothing really.

We figured you were an inbred idiot and now we know for sure.

Not a bad combo that

TDMI

It's

T-ruth
D-oesn't
M-atter
I-ncest

:eusa_shifty:

So have people who Fuck Animals and the Dead... :thup:

:)

peace...

Yup, universal marriage is worthy of being intolerant of your silly ways.

So what is the 9th and 10th amendment for? How would they be applied and used?

It's also none of your business if someone has healthcare coverage or not, but you make it your business to force it on them.

Nope you are wrong.

that one does effect others.

so you fail

And gays getting sick because of AIDS is not a cost on the healthcare system and deformed children because of in breeding is not another cost on healthcare system?

What the fuck did those hemophiliac children do to offend your sick god?

peace...

I dont want to hear about your ancestral linage

peace...

Are they deranged? Once we accept fucking animals and the dead as perfectly normal sexual experiences they won't be deranged anymore. They will be perfectly normal people engaging in a personal sexual experience.

Forum List

Back