Dollar is the worst performing currency in the world and its falling even more

Quote from forex street today. And yes the dxy is collapsing - The US dollar index (DXY) crashed to the lowest level since 2018 as global risks eased. The index is trading at $91.20, which is the lowest it has been since April 2018. This makes the greenback the worst-performing major currency in the world.
Biden...

Mac1958, we can always rely on you to reduce every question of economics to “Donald Trump did this, Donald Trump did that”!

This is absurd partisanship and completely wrong. The lowering of Treasury Yields, like the Federal Reserve & Treasury expanding unlimited funds to steady the financial system, like the bailing out of corporations and businesses devastated by the pandemic, like extending funds to the unemployed and even the givIng of $$$ directly to all Americans — these unprecedented actions were all made by non-party partisan capitalist institutions and endorsed by both parties.

There are plenty of reasons to disapprove of Trump. But these basic measures mentioned would surely also have been taken (and others perhaps as well) by any imaginable economic team Hillary Clinton might have put together had she won.
It seemd to me that many nations began lowering rates at the same time. Definitely not a sole trump manuver.
I was wondering if across the board near zero to negative rates had something to do with reseting a new globalized monetary policy and how that would eventually work.
Also along the lines of way out of the box speculation, I woke up this morning wondering about what i am now refering to as a "localized decentralized blockchain ledger" for transfering the world banks reserve currency funds and used for ledgering the transfer of anchoring assets. (Like gold reserves and govt bonds) Trying to figure out what new monetary policy will look like while not adhering to common modern theories too much.
Basically what I refer to when i say "localized decentralized blockchain" , which sounds counterintuitive at first. Is a decentralized blockchain ledger held by a small select party of people.
Such as held only by those select few members in the central banks high offices that deal with trading their funds and assets.
Surprisingly this type of blockchain works well with corpoations and stockholders.
As an example; Each stockholder is in a way a mining partner of the blockchain when stocks are tranferred and everyones ledger is kept up to date. Those outside the system do not have accrss to the ledger or mining rights. Its localized but decentralized. And every stockholder has a copy of the ledger.
Anyways. Concerning the lowering of interest rates. I was wondering if the across the globe tendency towards lowering rates to zero or negative rates is actually a tendency towards across the board near zero rates to prepare for a monetary reset.
Just an attempt at figuring out what a great reset would look like. Not a solid yep this definitely happening kinda thing.
Then again my mind seems to turn in strange ways when I wake up in the morning. Maybe I just need that cup of coffee

Mac1958, I fear we can always rely on you (and apparently Johnlaw and many others) to reduce every question of economics to “Donald Trump did this, Donald Trump did that”!

This is absurd partisanship and completely wrong. The lowering of Treasury Yields, like the Federal Reserve & Treasury expanding unlimited funds to steady the financial system, like the bailing out of corporations and businesses devastated by the pandemic, like extending funds to the unemployed and even the givIng of $$$ directly to all Americans — these unprecedented actions were all made by non-party partisan capitalist institutions and endorsed by both parties.

There are plenty of reasons to disapprove of Trump. But these basic measures mentioned would surely also have been taken (and others perhaps as well) by any imaginable economic team Hillary Clinton might have put together had she won.
I can't disagree. What I struggle with is what I refer to as the "arrogant ignorance" of Trumpism -- the way he (and by extension, they) ignorantly and arrogantly point to the economy before the virus as "the greatest ever", when about half an inch under the surface we see that it was essentially phony. They don't know this because they lack the honest intellectual curiosity to just look it up. Does Trump know it? Hell, I'm not even sure.

Mac1958, I fear we can always rely on you (and apparently Johnlaw and many others) to reduce every question of economics to “Donald Trump did this, Donald Trump did that”!

I can't disagree. What I struggle with is what I refer to as the "arrogant ignorance" of Trumpism -- the way he (and by extension, they) ignorantly and arrogantly point to the economy before the virus as "the greatest ever", when about half an inch under the surface we see that it was essentially phony. They don't know this because they lack the honest intellectual curiosity to just look it up. Does Trump know it? Hell, I'm not even sure.
Personally I dont care for politicians of any kind. And yes trump is arrogant.

It's not rocket science; some in the markets are betting on global recovery now that the vaccines are hitting the streets and things will go back to normal, is all. Who knows, next week Iran or some other shtihole will do something stupid and it will rise again.

It's not rocket science; some in the markets are betting on global recovery now that the vaccines are hitting the streets and things will go back to normal, is all. Who knows, next week Iran or some other shtihole will do something stupid and it will rise again.
If the markets today change their focus too much and too often it will quickly lose a lot of its new robinhood investors who would drop out after they realized the house most often than not. . wins.. Perhaps they should maintain this media vaccine fad for a while before changing direction.

Trump is doing all he can to bring the economy to its knees before he leaves. Once Trump is gone the dollar will rebound.

He already everything anyone could do for you idiots, and you turned your backs on him.

Why should he do anything else to help you ungrateful bunch of miserable fucks?
100% correct.
There are now 3 million fewer food stamp users than in 2018.
(US Department of Agriculture, USAFacts)
Just proves stupid can't be fixed.

Trump is doing all he can to bring the economy to its knees before he leaves. Once Trump is gone the dollar will rebound.
We are borrowing trillions by the bucketful

and the only difference between repubs and dems is that pelosi wants to borrow even more

that is a recipe for disaster

We are borrowing trillions by the bucketful

and the only difference between repubs and dems is that pelosi wants to borrow even more

that is a recipe for disaster
Mac-7 I totally agree. The borrowing is getting out of hand and has been for a long time. I am just wondering what happens when everyone wants to cash in those IOU's at the same time and no one wants to hold onto them because other assets like cash. or gold look so much better. What happens when new US debt IOU's are no longer wanted globally or locally. What happens when we can no longer all at once create a debt. Day of reckoning I suppose

He already everything anyone could do for you idiots, and you turned your backs on him.

Why should he do anything else to help you ungrateful bunch of miserable fucks?
100% correct.
There are now 3 million fewer food stamp users than in 2018.
(US Department of Agriculture, USAFacts)
Just proves stupid can't be fixed.

Maybe you should take a look at the limits on getting those before you try and claim it's because of a better economy n stuff. Household incomes are still falling, and counting anybody who is working an hour a week as 'employed' just produces useless statistics.

And, the U.S. Chamber Of Commerce and most of the GOP establishment want open borders and 100 million more illegals coming in, so Pelosi isn't the only problem, neither is Biden; they're just symptoms.

Keynesians gonna Keynes.

But yeah. Many, many others, for sure. Good post, Tombo.

What I've found in participating in public settings like these, where some people who make their livings off of economic distortion congregate and spend their time selling a good bullshit story, (actually, it isn't even remotely a good bullshit story if you understand the kind of monetary policy we've been running, it's actually laughable to watch them do it) is that they tend to distort the terms of controversy just as much, if not more, than the markets, CPI, unemployment, etc are distorted.

The humorous part about that is that your average American who doesn't really understand our monetary policy actually take those disingenuous shysters seriously. Heck, I haven't met one yet who has a firm grasp on what money actually is. Do they know how to weasel a few Federal Reserve Notes from a distorted market that's gradually destroying what little purchasing power the electorate enjoys? Sure. But that just makes them part of the problem.

But, you know, best course of action (for the purpose of Individual prosperity and economic security) is to acknowledge the facts, prepare and take care of yourself and yours and resolve to let the electorate learn the hard way.

Anyway. Yeah. Two sides of the same coin. Agreed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back