Dole, Kerry, McCain

If it were a Don King fight they would be called "Palookas". In the world of Politics they're known as "Ringers".

The jury is still out as to what Romney is.

all were vets who lost to people who didn't serve or rwere in the NG.
Is there some significance in that????

I don't consider Kerry a vet. He gave up that right when he tossed his medals and sided with Hanoi Jane and the NVA.

Fuck him.

I wouldn't throw that fucker a life-jacket if we were sinking.

Not to diss the National Guard.

Both Dan Quayle and George W. Bush served their country honorably in the NG - while Clinton took a flier...............................

Oh, Bush's Guard service! Everyone from that period knows the NG was for the guys who weren't gutsy enough to serve in the regular army nor brave enough to resist the system. Rich families got their sons into cushy positions like hot rodding around Texas skies on the tax payers' dime.

Compared to someone like Kerry who not only went into extremely dangerous territory and then actually ran down an enemy soldier and fought one to one. Then he had the courage of his convictions to carry out a drastic and unpopular act for his principles.

My only problem with Kerry is that he went into politics in one of the two parties we need to get rid of.

Are there degrees of serving? If so, what are the highest degrees and what president has had those highest degrees? If there are degrees of serving can they also hurt a candidate? Does military service help a president, hurt him, is of no consequence?

Are there degrees of serving? If so, what are the highest degrees and what president has had those highest degrees? If there are degrees of serving can they also hurt a candidate? Does military service help a president, hurt him, is of no consequence?

i suspect the value of military service is generational. right now, only about 1% of our population serves in the military. the percentage was much higher in my fathers day.

i suspect the value of military service is generational. right now, only about 1% of our population serves in the military. the percentage was much higher in my fathers day.

Thats also the biggest reason why the disconnect between the civilian sector and Military/Veterans/Retirees etc is growing.

Thats also the biggest reason why the disconnect between the civilian sector and Military/Veterans/Retirees etc is growing.

i agree. and it might have something to do with the high suicide rate among vets.

but i digress.

i agree. and it might have something to do with the high suicide rate among vets.

but i digress.

It does, the unemployment rate for Vets is much higher than regular civies also.

Oh, Bush's Guard service! Everyone from that period knows the NG was for the guys who weren't gutsy enough to serve in the regular army nor brave enough to resist the system. Rich families got their sons into cushy positions like hot rodding around Texas skies on the tax payers' dime.

Compared to someone like Kerry who not only went into extremely dangerous territory and then actually ran down an enemy soldier and fought one to one. Then he had the courage of his convictions to carry out a drastic and unpopular act for his principles.

My only problem with Kerry is that he went into politics in one of the two parties we need to get rid of.

Any idea how many National Guard called to serve in Vietnam served, and died there - numbnuts??

Any idea how many National Guard have been called to serve in Iraq/A-stan, elsewhere - who have died there?

Of course you don't have a clue - numbnuts.

Keep pissing on our ANG hero's if it makes you feel good.

Mean time - suck on some neg rep, you non-serving fuckhead.

The topic was the NG people who found cushy positions in the US at the period of the Vietnam War, a period I lived through.
But go ahead with typical knee-jerk reactions.

And you should thank me for giving you the opportunity to use (again) some of your favorite, hackneyed insult names.

Last edited:
The armed forces of the US should never have gone to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Military force is much more impressive and dissuasive when it is poised than when it is deployed.

Yep, and leads to the president not caring that his new tax will hit military retirees first. Cannot get much lower than that.

Forum List

Back