Dole, Kerry, McCain

"To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt..."

Monetary or otherwise.

It's good to see you citing one of my favorite quotes from Mr. Jefferson. The number one mandate of the COTUS is national defense. Providing for those that execute that mandate is part of the deal. I'm glad we agree.

So many people don't see it that way. I agree with you but I have heard alot of people compare Military Retiree and Veterans benefits to welfare checks and food stamps, I have cussed out people on this very board who said so.

I dont' even see my check. Goes straight to the mortgage.

"To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt..."

Monetary or otherwise.

It's good to see you citing one of my favorite quotes from Mr. Jefferson. The number one mandate of the COTUS is national defense. Providing for those that execute that mandate is part of the deal. I'm glad we agree.

Definitely.

Our armed forces are precious and must only be used with the utmost wisdom, moderation and prowess.

So many people don't see it that way. I agree with you but I have heard alot of people compare Military Retiree and Veterans benefits to welfare checks and food stamps, I have cussed out people on this very board who said so.

I dont' even see my check. Goes straight to the mortgage.

Yeah, it doesn't go far in our area, does it? I could live off the retirement check alone in a doublewide in Alabama. Just go out a couple of times a month for ammo and dog food and make sure the NO TRESPASSING sign has not fallen. My dream retirement.

Don't tell me the hypocrites on the left have invented a new enemy, the National Guard just because the former president served in the Guard. The Guard ain't your enemy. The cowards who fled to Canada to avoid the draft are. The first thing on the the peanut man's agenda was to insult every American Veteran by issuing a blanket pardon to the cowards who renounced his citizenship and fled to Canada.

An entitlement is a benefit that one is entitled to by law, so in that sense veterans benefits and food stamps are both entitlements. So are there some entitlements that are good and some entitlements that are bad? If so, who decides?

Forum List

Back