DOJ Weakening the Integrity of American Elections

Acorn has been the subject of scores of investigations—a total of 46 inquiries by federal, state, and local agencies, including the FBI and the Treasury Department, and five by Congress as of October 2009, according to the report.

The report found no evidence that voters attempting to cast ballots at the polls had been improperly registered by Acorn, a chief Republican accusation.

The report also said that a sting-style effort to publicize the group’s allegedly illegal activities, may have broken state laws. Two conservative activists set off a firestorm in September when they posed as a pimp and a prostitute seeking financial advice and secretly videotaped Acorn employees offering advice on how the couple could hide their illicit activities and avoid paying taxes.

Report Finds Acorn Broke No Laws - NYTimes.com

Your quoting a blog from the NY Times, and it is simply not true. There were felony convictions for voter fraud.

King and Pierce County prosecutors filed felony charges today against seven people who allegedly committed the biggest voter-registration fraud in state history.

The defendants, who were paid employees and supervisors of ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, concocted the scheme as an easy way to get paid, not as an attempt to influence the outcome of elections, King County Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg said.

"This was an act of vandalism upon the voter rolls of King County," Satterberg said.

In addition to filing criminal charges, Satterberg said state and local officials had signed a five-year agreement with ACORN that requires the organization to beef up its training and procedures for detecting and reporting fraud.

ACORN agreed to pay King County $25,000 for its investigative costs and acknowledged that the national organization could be subject to criminal prosecution if fraud occurs again.

Local News | Felony charges filed against 7 in state's biggest case of voter-registration fraud | Seattle Times Newspaper

Two prominent national nonprofit groups are reeling from public disclosures that large sums of money were misappropriated in unrelated incidents by an employee and a former employee.

The groups, Acorn, one of the country’s largest community organizing groups, and the Points of Light Institute, which works to encourage civic activism and volunteering, have dealt with the problems in very different ways.

Acorn chose to treat the embezzlement of nearly $1 million eight years ago as an internal matter and did not even notify its board. After Points of Light noticed financial irregularities in early June, it took less than a month for management to alert federal prosecutors, although group officials say they have no clear idea yet what the financial impact may be.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/us/09embezzle.html

Clifton Mitchell helped register nearly 2,000 voters for the community group ACORN. But not one of them actually existed.

"I regret it. I paid the price for it," he said.

Mitchell was convicted last year and spent nearly three months in prison. He's one of the few ACORN workers convicted of voter registration fraud.

Ex-ACORN worker: 'I paid the price' for voter registration fraud - CNN

You said ACORN did nothing wrong. You are either a liar or a moron, and given your previous posts I'd say you are both.

Last edited:
Acorn has been the subject of scores of investigations—a total of 46 inquiries by federal, state, and local agencies, including the FBI and the Treasury Department, and five by Congress as of October 2009, according to the report.

The report found no evidence that voters attempting to cast ballots at the polls had been improperly registered by Acorn, a chief Republican accusation.

The report also said that a sting-style effort to publicize the group’s allegedly illegal activities, may have broken state laws. Two conservative activists set off a firestorm in September when they posed as a pimp and a prostitute seeking financial advice and secretly videotaped Acorn employees offering advice on how the couple could hide their illicit activities and avoid paying taxes.

Your quoting a blog from the NY Times, and it is simply not true. There were felony convictions for voter fraud.

King and Pierce County prosecutors filed felony charges today against seven people who allegedly committed the biggest voter-registration fraud in state history.

The defendants, who were paid employees and supervisors of ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, concocted the scheme as an easy way to get paid, not as an attempt to influence the outcome of elections, King County Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg said.

"This was an act of vandalism upon the voter rolls of King County," Satterberg said.

In addition to filing criminal charges, Satterberg said state and local officials had signed a five-year agreement with ACORN that requires the organization to beef up its training and procedures for detecting and reporting fraud.

ACORN agreed to pay King County $25,000 for its investigative costs and acknowledged that the national organization could be subject to criminal prosecution if fraud occurs again.

Local News | Felony charges filed against 7 in state's biggest case of voter-registration fraud | Seattle Times Newspaper

Two prominent national nonprofit groups are reeling from public disclosures that large sums of money were misappropriated in unrelated incidents by an employee and a former employee.

The groups, Acorn, one of the country’s largest community organizing groups, and the Points of Light Institute, which works to encourage civic activism and volunteering, have dealt with the problems in very different ways.

Acorn chose to treat the embezzlement of nearly $1 million eight years ago as an internal matter and did not even notify its board. After Points of Light noticed financial irregularities in early June, it took less than a month for management to alert federal prosecutors, although group officials say they have no clear idea yet what the financial impact may be.

Clifton Mitchell helped register nearly 2,000 voters for the community group ACORN. But not one of them actually existed.

Mitchell was convicted last year and spent nearly three months in prison. He's one of the few ACORN workers convicted of voter registration fraud.

You said ACORN did nothing wrong. You are either a liar or a moron, and given your previous posts I'd say you are both.

You sure fucked up Truthmatter's day. Nice job!

Saying this is about illegals is dishonest at best. It is all about voter suppression of typically liberal leaning voters. Show me any proof that there is a large problem with illegals commiting voting fraud. Im sure that the last thing illegal aliens would want to do is show up at a government sponsored event where, even without voter id laws, there are some checks and balances. Why would you chance getting deported just to cast a vote. Does not make any sense.

Yes, because we all know typically liberal leaning voters refuse to have ID.

I haven't said a damn thing about illegals, and if you want proof that there is a problem with voter fraud go do some damn research.

Explain to me how requiring ID to vote is somehow unconstitutional or does anything but strengthen the integrity of our elections. The left's argument here is simply illogical. It is quite simply stunningly stupid to equate requiring ID to actively attempting to keep blacks from voting.

Screw it, I'll provide some links showing that voter fraud is a problem.

The voter fraud hall of shame: Milwaukee voter fraud conviction makes ACORN

Indiana secretary of state convicted of voter fraud - latimes.com

Florida.: 53K dead people on voter rolls - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

http://www.13abc.com/story/18574677/2012/05/21/ohio-purging-dead-people-from-voter-rolls

Requiring someone to buy a id in order to vote could be considered a poll tax , which is unconstitutional.

Saying this is about illegals is dishonest at best. It is all about voter suppression of typically liberal leaning voters. Show me any proof that there is a large problem with illegals commiting voting fraud. Im sure that the last thing illegal aliens would want to do is show up at a government sponsored event where, even without voter id laws, there are some checks and balances. Why would you chance getting deported just to cast a vote. Does not make any sense.

I haven't said a damn thing about illegals, and if you want proof that there is a problem with voter fraud go do some damn research.

Explain to me how requiring ID to vote is somehow unconstitutional or does anything but strengthen the integrity of our elections. The left's argument here is simply illogical. It is quite simply stunningly stupid to equate requiring ID to actively attempting to keep blacks from voting.

http://www.13abc.com/story/18574677/2012/05/21/ohio-purging-dead-people-from-voter-rolls

Requiring someone to buy a id in order to vote could be considered a poll tax , which is unconstitutional.

States provide a free voter ID. Once again, every single state to enact voter ID laws have been upheld. It isn't, is not unconstitutional.

Explain to me how requiring ID to vote is somehow unconstitutional or does anything but strengthen the integrity of our elections.

The left's argument here is simply illogical. It is quite simply stunningly stupid to equate requiring ID to actively attempting to keep blacks from voting.

Yea it is a huge problem.:eusa_shifty:

"ID requirements are not justified by any serious or widespread problem. Proponents often cite fraud or the potential for fraud to justify new ID requirements. There is no question that election misconduct exists, including improper purges of eligible voters, distributing false information about when and where to vote, stuffing of ballot boxes, and tampering with registration forms. But there is no evidence that the type of fraud addressed by stricter voter ID - individual voters who misrepresent their identities at the polls - is anything but an anomaly. In Ohio, a statewide survey found four instances of ineligible persons voting or attempting to vote in 2002 and 20042C out of 9,078,728 votes cast - a rate of 0.00004%. Despite the invocation of fraud as support for the new Georgia law, Georgia Secretary of State Cathy Cox has stated that she could not recall one documented case of voter fraud relating to the impersonation of a registered voter at the polls during her ten-year tenure as an election official. Nationwide, since October 2002, 86 individuals have been convicted of federal crimes relating to election fraud (including several offenses not remedied by ID requirements), while 196,139,871 ballots have been cast in federal general elections. Statistically, Americans are more likely to be killed by a bolt of lightning."

http://http://www.brennancenter.org/content/resource/policy_brief_on_voter_identification/

86 people convicted since 2002!:lol: And mind you that was with Bush and the republicans having a majority in the house for many of those years. If it is was such a big problem then why did they not do anything about it legislatively? Why didn't the Attorney General launch a big investigation?

Last edited:
What a hoot. Acorn registers people that don't exist to vote and Rethugs remove American citizens from the voter registration rolls.

Anyone see any difference.

Besides, when corporations are people who are much more important that any individual citizen (unless you are worth billions or at least, 100's of millions.) then we should just let the corporations decide who gets to divvy up the spoils of the nation.

If Mittens didn't scare me so bad, I would purge myself from the voter rolls. This "democracy" is getting to be a joke.

King and Pierce County prosecutors filed felony charges today against seven people who allegedly committed the biggest voter-registration fraud in state history.The defendants, who were paid employees and supervisors of ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, concocted the scheme as an easy way to get paid, not as an attempt to influence the outcome of elections, King County Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg said.

Voter fraud and voter registration fraud are two entirely different things.

Last edited:
86 people convicted since 2002! And mind you that was with Bush and the republicans having a majority in the house for many of those years. If it is was such a big problem then why did they not do anything about it legislatively?

86 people. You see that googl. 86. Wow if that number don't change elections. 86, Amazing.

Hell if the supposed "voter fraud" was such a biggie, the Rethugs would have never won in 2010.
Damn it. Where were all those fraudulent votes when you needed them.

No one is saying that this is about illegals, unless you mean people illegally voting.

How can anyone be so blindly partisan that they see no problem with people voting illegally?

Florida is going to rememver this come November.

They sure will. All those people that the rethugs tried to remove will remember who it was that didn't want them to vote. And they will vote for Obama. Sucks to be a rethug.

No one is saying that this is about illegals, unless you mean people illegally voting.

How can anyone be so blindly partisan that they see no problem with people voting illegally?

Wait a sec, the whole point of the Florida law is to prove you are a citizen in order to vote. How can this not be about illegals?

Federal authorities are demanding that Florida halt its push to remove ineligible voters from the voter rolls.
In a move that comes just months before the state could play a pivotal role in the 2012 presidential election, the U.S. Department of Justice contends that the state is violating federal law in its effort to identify and remove ineligible voters.
The state's effort has already come under fire from local election supervisors who belong to both political parties, as well as Democratic members of Congress and voting rights groups.

Read more: Feds order Florida to halt ongoing push to remove ineligible voters from rolls | Fox News

why did you start a new thread on this when you knew this one exsisted?

Wait a sec, the whole point of the Florida law is to prove you are a citizen in order to vote. How can this not be about illegals?

Show me where it is about illegal aliens. Sure, it will involve them, but the law doesn't specify.

Forum List

Back