DOJ Weakening the Integrity of American Elections

Dismissal of U.S. attorneys controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Politicization of hiring at the Department of Justice

Attorney General Gonzales, in a confidential order dated March 1, 2006 not published in the Federal Register, formally delegated authority to senior DOJ staff Monica Goodling and Kyle Sampson to hire and dismiss political appointees and some civil service positions.[45][46] On May 2, 2007, the Department of Justice announced two separate investigations into hirings conducted by Goodling: one by the department's Inspector General, and a second by the Office of Professional Responsibility.[35] In testimony before the House Judiciary Committee, on May 23, 2007, Goodling stated that she had "crossed the line" and broke civil service laws regulating hiring for civil service positions, and had improperly weighed political factors in assessing applicants.[47]

According to a January 2009 Justice Department report, investigators found that Bradley Schlozman, as interim head of the Civil Rights Division at the Department of Justice, "favored applicants with conservative political or ideological affiliations and disfavored applicants with civil rights or human rights experience whom he considered to be overly liberal". The positions under consideration were not political, but career, for which the political and ideological views of candidates are not to be considered, according to federal law and guidelines.[48]

In a May 30, 2007 letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee, the United States Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General and Counsel for the Office of Professional Responsibility confirmed that they were expanding their investigation beyond "the removals of United States Attorneys" to also include "DOJ hiring and personnel decisions" by Monica Goodling and other Justice Department employees.[49][50

Last edited:
you dont care about voting rights do you

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but you are only displaying how completely asinine and moronic the argument that requiring ID to vote violates a persons voter rights.

You are wrong, and every state to enact these laws have been upheld in court. Where is your legal precedent that this places an undue burden upon the voter? THERE IS NONE.

then you read NONE of my links.

Im not surprized.

you dont want facts you want justification for your party to keep people from voting

Dismissal of U.S. attorneys controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Politicization of hiring at the Department of Justice

Attorney General Gonzales, in a confidential order dated March 1, 2006 not published in the Federal Register, formally delegated authority to senior DOJ staff Monica Goodling and Kyle Sampson to hire and dismiss political appointees and some civil service positions.[45][46] On May 2, 2007, the Department of Justice announced two separate investigations into hirings conducted by Goodling: one by the department's Inspector General, and a second by the Office of Professional Responsibility.[35] In testimony before the House Judiciary Committee, on May 23, 2007, Goodling stated that she had "crossed the line" and broke civil service laws regulating hiring for civil service positions, and had improperly weighed political factors in assessing applicants.[47]

According to a January 2009 Justice Department report, investigators found that Bradley Schlozman, as interim head of the Civil Rights Division at the Department of Justice, "favored applicants with conservative political or ideological affiliations and disfavored applicants with civil rights or human rights experience whom he considered to be overly liberal". The positions under consideration were not political, but career, for which the political and ideological views of candidates are not to be considered, according to federal law and guidelines.[48]

In a May 30, 2007 letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee, the United States Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General and Counsel for the Office of Professional Responsibility confirmed that they were expanding their investigation beyond "the removals of United States Attorneys" to also include "DOJ hiring and personnel decisions" by Monica Goodling and other Justice Department employees.[49][50

Copying and pasting Wikipedia articles doesn't prove a point or make you look intelligent.

Mass firings of US Attorneys has been done by Clinton and Reagan and it wasn't a scandal. There were how many indictment? Zero.

And I suppose you believe the current, and I want emphasize current because like all liberals they can't debate anything without attempting to bring up Bush, DOJ isn't politicizing things?

You are so partisan that you are in a self induced delusion.

Im not surprized.

you dont want facts you want justification for your party to keep people from voting

You can't even corrected spell surprise. Really?

Again, try and focus--has any court ruled against voter ID laws?

Folks whose citizenship is being questioned are contacted and have 2 months to respond and say, "Hey, I am an American. I fought in WWII.' End of questioning.

I wish every state would do so, preferably not in an election year however.

Im not surprized.

Look fuck off if you want perfect typing.

this is a fucking chat site not a college term paper

Face the cold hard court documented facts your party CHEATS its ass off andhas for decades

Saying this is about illegals is dishonest at best. It is all about voter suppression of typically liberal leaning voters. Show me any proof that there is a large problem with illegals commiting voting fraud. Im sure that the last thing illegal aliens would want to do is show up at a government sponsored event where, even without voter id laws, there are some checks and balances. Why would you chance getting deported just to cast a vote. Does not make any sense.

Im not surprized.

I don't need to point out misspellings to demonstrate your lack of intellectual ability, but when you spell surprise with a z I think it pretty much shows you haven't ever written a college paper.

Again, has any court ever agreed with your idea that requiring ID, provided free in most states, is some racist conspiracy to bring back Jim Crow laws? Has the DOJ won any case against a state with voter ID laws.

I suppose the Attorney General advising black pastors on how to campaign for Obama without violating the law, not that the DOJ would prosecute them for it, isn't politicizing the department.

You are losing this debate, just as the DOJ has lost EVERY SINGLE COURT CASE.

Face the cold hard court documented facts your party CHEATS its ass off andhas for decades

Face the cold hard fact that this corrupt DOJ under the most corrupt POTUS we've ever seen is attempting to allow ineligible voters to vote in election. That is Chicago style politics at it's finest.

If truth does matter, then you have to admit that truth.

Federal authorities are demanding that Florida halt its push to remove ineligible voters from the voter rolls.
In a move that comes just months before the state could play a pivotal role in the 2012 presidential election, the U.S. Department of Justice contends that the state is violating federal law in its effort to identify and remove ineligible voters.
The state's effort has already come under fire from local election supervisors who belong to both political parties, as well as Democratic members of Congress and voting rights groups.

Read more: Feds order Florida to halt ongoing push to remove ineligible voters from rolls | Fox News

Florida needs to give a big middle finger to the DOJ, and just tell them "We as states control the election process, go eat a dick...holder".

I don't need to point out misspellings to demonstrate your lack of intellectual ability, but when you spell surprise with a z I think it pretty much shows you haven't ever written a college paper.

Again, has any court ever agreed with your idea that requiring ID, provided free in most states, is some racist conspiracy to bring back Jim Crow laws? Has the DOJ won any case against a state with voter ID laws.

I suppose the Attorney General advising black pastors on how to campaign for Obama without violating the law, not that the DOJ would prosecute them for it, isn't politicizing the department. Telling people the laws so they dont break them is not illegal you complete asshole
You are losing this debate, just as the DOJ has lost EVERY SINGLE COURT CASE.

You have already lost in the face of the facts

Forum List

Back