DOJ Guilty Of Discrimination

You know you’re quibbling, right?

I disagree. Given the depth of feelings surrounding illegal aliens from those here legally and allowed to work legally, I think that clarity needs to be maintained. The OP posted this implying they were being sued over not hiring illegal aliens.

If a job requires obtaining security clearance which (in some cases) further requires citizenship, then an alien isn’t eligible for such jobs.

Space X is actually fairly clear in its hiring document.

• Legal eligibility. You need to be a US citizen or have permanent residency to be able to work at SpaceX. Since the company deals in rocket science, it's subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which prohibits it from hiring foreign workers.
See: How to Get a Job at SpaceX: Job Application, Interview & More

And IFTAR is far from clear.

Agree, they it is complicated…yet they have hired on H-B1 visa Employees. Mainly though, it’s silly to compare it to hiring in the federal government.

Admit it - I’m a damn good quibbler! :biggrin:

Nevertheless, a company that hopes to be successful won't (and shouldn't) hire based on skin color. That's racist and it takes an opportunity away from someone who's actually qualified.
What does that have to do with this?

I disagree. Given the depth of feelings surrounding illegal aliens from those here legally and allowed to work legally, I think that clarity needs to be maintained. The OP posted this implying they were being sued over not hiring illegal aliens.

Agree, they it is complicated…yet they have hired on H-B1 visa Employees. Mainly though, it’s silly to compare it to hiring in the federal government.

No you area damn Bad fact denier

Lots. The basic premise being that companies need to hire based on the government's emotional wants rather than the company's actual needs.
I don’t see ow it impacts their needs. They can still chose the most qualified person.

I don’t see ow it impacts their needs. They can still chose the most qualified person.
And that person is likely someone who has been schooled here in the USA or has work experience that qualifies them for the position.

Well you made the part about "illegal alien" up. Since these are asylum seekers, and refugees, who after a waiting period can apply for a work permit, and become legal to work in the US within 6 months of arrival.

Employment records revealed that SpaceX “repeatedly rejected applicants who identified as asylees or refugees by using the rejection code titled, “not authorized to work/ITAR ineligible,”

These people have work permits.
They have no been ruled to be either yet. they have pending cases.

The DOJ does not allow people with pending hearings hired

And that person is likely someone who has been schooled here in the USA or has work experience that qualifies them for the position.
Not necessarily. All the law says is they can’t discriminate on the basis of national origin. They can hire who they feel is best for the job.

Not necessarily. All the law says is they can’t discriminate on the basis of national origin. They can hire who they feel is best for the job.
No they cannot
Despite your erroneous feelings, they have committed an illegal act by entering the USA and are therefore criminal even though later rulings may exonerate them

You are actually one of my favorite people to debate (even though I often find you just blinded by your own preconceived notions). And the reason I like you is because you have a favorable tendency to actually support what you say.

I tend to look up some of your references. And to a pretty solid extent, they are legit and on point. You may or may not always interpret these things properly. (Which is to say, I interpret them differently). 😁 But at least you give me reason to delve deeper.

You do not always quibble. And I’m sorry if it came across as though I said that. But you do occasionally quibble. And yes. When you do, you do it well.

Now back to the meat of this discussion:

If Elon Musk and Space X are wrong about whether they are even legally allowed to hire non US citizens based on how they have interpreted the law, then that can be and should be addressed by the DOJ with the company in a non litigation fashion.

But it will be embarrassing for our DOJ if the convoluted miasma of US laws, rules and regulations were fairly and accurately interpreted by Musk and Space X.

Forum List

Back