Does this man look black to you?

This man passed away in 2019. Today (10/22/23) I learned of his death. (RIP Lt. Col Ricard)
The photo I post was him when he was a Lt, before I met him. When I worked for Felix Ricard, he was a Captain in the Army and the Commanding officer of the unit I was in. I was his company clerk so I was around him daily. Felix was an enlisted man in the Korean War and put in to go to OCS. So he knew both sides of an EM and Officer. Question for any of you.

Can you tell he is a Black man? He was Creole from Louisiana . I post this in his memory. He was great to me and I never forgot him. I worked for him from October 1962 until the fall of 1963.

photo_20190105_W0023718_0_20190105.jpgx

He has a Caucasian look about him, but if he’s Creole they have always been mixed. They were even more mixed in the past, so he could have quite a bit of white ancestry. He is definitely not all black.

He has a Caucasian look about him, but if he’s Creole they have always been mixed. They were even more mixed in the past, so he could have quite a bit of white ancestry. He is definitely not all black.
I assumed he was Creole. I found a photo of him with a white woman. I hope faun is not upset I said she is a white woman.

When I knew him he was at least 8+ years later than him as a Lt.

I assumed he was Creole. I found a photo of him with a white woman. I hope faun is not upset I said she is a white woman.

When I knew him he was at least 8+ years later than him as a Lt.

Since you have no rational explanation for why anyone's race is relevant here, I can only assume you injected race because you're racist.

Since you have no rational explanation for why anyone's race is relevant here, I can only assume you injected race because you're racist.
Well you are not deep in the pool for sure. I had a hunch you did it to call me a bad name.

I know I'm not. I can't speak for you. But you didn't answer my question... what does the color of his skin have to do with this thread? Why mention that?
Seriously, you are much more focused on race than I am. I was seeking all posters opinions and you are among the tiny number talking about race.

I praised him in virtually every post I post here. You seem in hot water over this, not me.

He was probably the product of a southern woodpile liaison so your question can only be answered by the "one drop" theory. What do you think a Creole is anyway? Duh!
The question was what do you think?
You already know the answer. Your question is rhetorical and that's exactly why you posted it.
On him being Creole, that I am not positive of.
No-no. You wrote ..... ⬇️⬇️⬇️
He was Creole from Louisiana
⬆️⬆️⬆️ That's a statement. You wrote, "He was Creole" so the only answer is in the "one drop of blood" rule.

You already know the answer. Your question is rhetorical and that's exactly why you posted it.

No-no. You wrote ..... ⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬆️⬆️⬆️ That's a statement. You wrote, "He was Creole" so the only answer is in the "one drop of blood" rule.
I wrote a lot praising him as my CO. For you to focus only on one issue does not make sense given I praised him a lot. It was so long back maybe he was Creole and maybe not. I am not clear either way.

I wrote a lot praising him as my CO.
That has nothing to do with you being a racist.
For you to focus only on one issue ...
"Race" is your only issue and your focus.
... does not make sense given I praised him a lot.

It has nothing to do with you being a racist. You could have talked about praising someone without mentioning his race ..... but that's not what you did.
It was so long back maybe he was Creole and maybe not. I am not clear either way.
You said he was Creole but now you say you don't know. As Faun already said, "You are racist" and everything you've said in this thread proves it.

Example A: "This guy got a big promotion at work today."
Example B: "This black guy got a big promotion at work today."

*** I'm sure that Bobby belongs to example B.
Why are you sure? You never asked me.

That has nothing to do with you being a racist.

"Race" is your only issue and your focus.

It has nothing to do with you being a racist. You could have talked about praising someone without mentioning his race ..... but that's not what you did.

You said he was Creole but now you say you don't know. As Faun already said, "You are racist" and everything you've said in this thread proves it.
You are clearly a bigot.

Example A: "This guy got a big promotion at work today."
Example B: "This black guy got a big promotion at work today."

*** I'm sure that Bobby belongs to example B.
You don't like blacks getting credit? I think it is excellent.

This man passed away in 2019. Today (10/22/23) I learned of his death. (RIP Lt. Col Ricard)
The photo I post was him when he was a Lt, before I met him. When I worked for Felix Ricard, he was a Captain in the Army and the Commanding officer of the unit I was in. I was his company clerk so I was around him daily. Felix was an enlisted man in the Korean War and put in to go to OCS. So he knew both sides of an EM and Officer. Question for any of you.

Can you tell he is a Black man? He was Creole from Louisiana . I post this in his memory. He was great to me and I never forgot him. I worked for him from October 1962 until the fall of 1963.

photo_20190105_W0023718_0_20190105.jpgx
Why does it matter how light or dark his skin was?

Forum List

Back