Does this man look black to you?

OP thinks knowing someone he thought was white who it turned out was Black doesn't make him a racist...
Your standards to be a racist are very low. I have to keep telling you all, Captain Ricard was my favorite Commanding officer. I lament he passed away.

What does the color of his skin have to do with anything?
You would be the right person to tell the rest of the posters here you and I are not racists.

You would be the right person to tell the rest of the posters here you and I are not racists.

I know I'm not. I can't speak for you. But you didn't answer my question... what does the color of his skin have to do with this thread? Why mention that?

This man passed away in 2019. Today (10/22/23) I learned of his death. (RIP Lt. Col Ricard)
The photo I post was him when he was a Lt, before I met him. When I worked for Felix Ricard, he was a Captain in the Army and the Commanding officer of the unit I was in. I was his company clerk so I was around him daily. Felix was an enlisted man in the Korean War and put in to go to OCS. So he knew both sides of an EM and Officer. Question for any of you.

Can you tell he is a Black man? He was Creole from Louisiana . I post this in his memory. He was great to me and I never forgot him. I worked for him from October 1962 until the fall of 1963.

photo_20190105_W0023718_0_20190105.jpgx
He must have been really good to go from enlisted to Commanding Officer. Doesn't seem that important what race he is, to me he looks Hispanic.

He must have been really good to go from enlisted to Commanding Officer. Doesn't seem that important what race he is, to me he looks Hispanic.
When he retired, he was a Lt. Col. I worked for him in late 1962 until around September 1963. By that time he was promoted to major and was in charge of the supply of the Battalion. The battalion had about 2500 men as I recall this.

This was a more recent photo of him.

155820259.jpg

I know I'm not. I can't speak for you. But you didn't answer my question... what does the color of his skin have to do with this thread? Why mention that?
Sure you can speak for me. I and you are not racists. Why does my talking of him including facts bother you?

He was probably the product of a southern woodpile liaison so your question can only be answered by the "one drop" theory. What do you think a Creole is anyway? Duh!
The question was what do you think? On him being Creole, that I am not positive of.

Forum List

Back