Does The Universe Have a Purpose?

Did you know that the atoms in your body are 14 billion years old?
I'm still waiting for your ''explanation''
also tell us how man ''appeared''/came to be/was created
specifics please
The universe started out as subatomic particles with nearly equal amounts of matter and antimatter. It then rapidly formed hydrogen and helium. From there it formed stellar structures and through supernovas created all of the elements and chemical compounds. From there matter was able to make the leap to life and life evolved until consciousness arose. That's how man came to be. :smile:
ok
so a fully formed man just appeared?
or atoms came together and a fully formed man just appeared?
No dear, couldn't you follow what I wrote?
no--I can't
it's so detailed with so many facts/etc
......it's so obvious you DO know everything.....you know the purpose of creation/how/why/etc

:rolleyes-41::rolleyes-41:
Wasn't I clear that I believed the purpose of the universe was to create intelligence?

That is what it did, right? Or do you want to argue that point too?

specifics please
The universe started out as subatomic particles with nearly equal amounts of matter and antimatter. It then rapidly formed hydrogen and helium. From there it formed stellar structures and through supernovas created all of the elements and chemical compounds. From there matter was able to make the leap to life and life evolved until consciousness arose. That's how man came to be. :smile:
ok
no--I can't
......it's so obvious you DO know everything.....you know the purpose of creation/how/why/etc

Yes, it's not that complicated. I don't understand how you can't.
because you're a genius

ok
no--I can't

because you're a genius

That goes without saying.

specifics please
ok
no--I can't

Wasn't I clear that I believed the purpose of the universe was to create intelligence?

Intelligence has been created, but how do you know that that's the universe's purpose? Has god been telling jokes again? :biggrin:

ok
no--I can't

because you're a genius

Genius? Me? Nah, there's nothing special about me.

ok
no--I can't

because you're a genius

Genius? Me? Nah, there's nothing special about me.

I'd call your Down's Syndrome special.:biggrin:

ok
no--I can't

Intelligence has been created, but how do you know that that's the universe's purpose? Has god been telling jokes again? :biggrin:
The same way I know when the end of a movie is. It's finished.

Look if you built something you would build it in steps. The more complicated the creation the more steps and greater intelligence required. As you were building it it may not be obvious what you were creating from some of the early steps. But once it has reached it's practically complete state, you should be able to tell what it is.

so we have the Watchmaker Theory
etc
..how could creation/evolution make the universe/man so perfect--work so perfectly by just chance/evolution/etc etc
god--the Watchmaker--had to do it...yes?

BUT man is NOT even close to perfect
man is supposed to be god's most ''important''/different creation---yes?
he rapes/murders/robs/etc
he is jealous/greedy/etc

....2000 years AFTER christ came [ if you believe the fairytale ] humans ''created'' the MOST destruction/murder/robbery/rape/etc EVER

etc
..how could creation/evolution make the universe/man so perfect--work so perfectly by just chance/evolution/etc etc

he is jealous/greedy/etc

....2000 years AFTER christ came [ if you believe the fairytale ] humans ''created'' the MOST destruction/murder/robbery/rape/etc EVER
It's a process. No one said to do perfect things, just to be perfect.

etc

he is jealous/greedy/etc

wrong--that's the Watchmaker theory --

if anything--your/etc theory does not make sense

we do not have the intelligence/information to get anywhere close to an answer
Sure we do. We can use our own experiences as creators as a proxy. It's not that hard.

First clue, the purpose will be revealed in what it became, not how it started.

Ass-u-me-ing a purpose exists. Kind of a big assumption.

What if life just is, and the life you've been given truly is YOURS to do with what you want?

Maybe the life you've been given truly is yours to do with, that that does not necessarily mean there is or is not a purpose to the existence of life or the entire universe.

" Seems to me that the more people ass-u-me that the universe has a purpose, the less freedom they choose to claim. "

Do you think it's possible that an atheist or agnostic who does not assume that a purpose exists can choose to claim less freedom too? Should we assume that the atheist/agnostic is less moral? And maybe their political views have some impact on the amount of freedom they claim. Individual freedoms and rights vs a collectivist belief in which the gov't decides how much freedom you can have?

so what's the purpose of galaxies so far away, humans can't see them?
even with the most advanced telescopes

etc

he is jealous/greedy/etc

wrong--that's the Watchmaker theory --

if anything--your/etc theory does not make sense
I don't know what you are talking about. You most likely don't know either.

The purpose of stellar structures is to create elements greater than hydrogen and helium and to provide the habitat for life to emerge.

The purpose of stellar structures is to create elements greater than hydrogen and helium and to provide the habitat for life to emerge.
seems very ridiculous/wasteful
god did this????!!!!!!!???
ALL of that---BILLIONS of galaxies to create life on just one planet?

How do you know it's just one planet?

o---ok
god is a smart one
except of course the human creation is a disaster

o---ok
god is a smart one
It's all part of the conflict and confusion process. The law of compensation is always at work.

But is it really a disaster? Or are you just focusing on the negatives?

o---ok
god is a smart one
It's all part of the conflict and confusion process. The law of compensation is always at work.
....the greatest murder/rape/destruction/robbery/hate/etc [ WW2 ] and this is a ''good'' creation??
...wars since man became man
murders
etc
?
I know--I know---man has free will
--but god created man

o---ok
god is a smart one
....the greatest murder/rape/destruction/robbery/hate/etc [ WW2 ] and this is a ''good'' creation??
...wars since man became man
murders
etc
?
I know--I know---man has free will
--but god created man
But is it really a disaster? Or are you just focusing on the negatives?

Forum List

Back