Does the State of California needs to come down on Hollywood?

I don't think all those far left Hollywood types would be happy with that. They would probably say, "no, no, we'll buy carbon credits." and then raise the price of movie tickets.

I personally don't buy into this global warming senario. I think we are on our way to the next ice age. In the year 2232 Canada covered by glacial ice and sea levels down 14 feet. lol

And your evidence on which this opinion is based is?
Again, the topic:

Does the State of California need to come down on Hollywood?

Millions of watts of power used every day in movie and TV production there. Impossibly-bright stage lighting, environmental controls, Hummer limos and private jets for the stars, CO2 "smoke" and massive, power-gulping computers for special effects, and so on ad-nauseum, all in the name of entertainment.

Aren't California's grid, budget and pollution problems worth a look into this, before they start going after Joe six-pack and his 50" TV set? Do the klieg lights have energy star ratings? The Hummer Limos -- are these hybrids? Is there any thought given to global warming and killing off Polar bears, in Hollywood production?

If joe sixpack has a 50 " plasma, he needs to get rid of it and get an LED. The power savings alone should pay for the LED in about 3 1/2 to 4 years and picture quality is better without the degradation you get with a plasma.

As far as the op, I think that it doesn't matter which industry gets hit, joe sixpacks gonna pay for it. I don't believe that government can tell an individual what he can or cannot own. 50" tv's now, what's next?

Last edited:
I don't think all those far left Hollywood types would be happy with that. They would probably say, "no, no, we'll buy carbon credits." and then raise the price of movie tickets.

I personally don't buy into this global warming senario. I think we are on our way to the next ice age. In the year 2232 Canada covered by glacial ice and sea levels down 14 feet. lol

And your evidence on which this opinion is based is?

What? personal opinions aren't allowed?

Of course personal opinions are allowed. But if you want to influence my opinion, you have to show evidence as to the reasons for those opinions. Vacuous yapping is a specialty on this board, and all too many here believe that is equal to posting real evidence from the scientific communtiy.

Of course, if you are one of those that sit in front of your keyboard, and state, "What the hell do those "Lib -u- ral" scientists know, and what have they ever accomplished", ......:lol:

If joe sixpack has a 50 " plasma, he needs to get rid of it and get an LED.
Cash for clunker TVs? You really want the government dictating your electronics choices, and paying folks to switch to the new technology that's taking over the market already?

Especially in a State where you have massive power usage and pollution generated from Hollywood movie and TV production?

Cash for clunker TVs? You really want the government dictating your electronics choices, and paying folks to switch to the new technology that's taking over the market already?

Especially in a State where you have massive power usage and pollution generated from Hollywood movie and TV production?

Of course not. The less government interference in my life, the better. I'm recommending that Joe ditch his plasma for the sake of his pocketbook.

Of course not. The less government interference in my life, the better. I'm recommending that Joe ditch his plasma for the sake of his pocketbook.
If that's what Joe wants to do, fine. If he doesn't, who the fuck is the government to tell him he's required to?

There is no consensus for the causes of global warming. There are only opinions. The following link gives many opinions from sunspots to volcanism.

Skeptical Science: Add an Article

Why yes, one should read from that site, so here is a sample concerning consensus in the scientific establishment;
There is no consensus

There is no consensus
Link to this pageThe skeptic argument...Lots of reputable scientists are skeptical that manmade CO2 emissions are causing global warming. So claims that there's a scientific consensus is exaggerated. A widely cited series The Deniers by the National Post profiles scientists who are skeptical of anthropogenic global warming.

What the science says...
That humans are causing global warming is the position of the Academies of Science from 19 countries plus many scientific organisations that study climate science. More specifically, 97% of climate scientists actively publishing climate papers endorse the consensus position.

The question of scientific consensus is posed in Examining the Scientific Consensus on Climate Change (Doran 2009). The authors surveyed 3146 earth scientists, asking them the following survey question:

Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?
What is most interesting is that the authors categorised the scientists based on their level of expertise in climate science. For example, those considered the most qualified were climate scientists who had more than 50% of their peer-reviewed publications in the past 5 years on the subject of climate change. The results are shown in Figure 1:

A person of reasonable intelligence would read from the site before assuming it supported their viewpoint:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But if you want to influence my opinion
That's already proven impossible. It'll never happen.

Well, here you go, Midnight, a site after your own heart, one with as equaly valid viewpoint;

Conservapedia
I'm not a conservative, stupid. And my point was, you'll never change your opinion on AGW no matter what science trumps the hoax.

And you still have failed to address the OP:

Millions of watts of power used every day in movie and TV production there. Impossibly-bright stage lighting, environmental controls, Hummer limos and private jets for the stars, CO2 "smoke" and massive, power-gulping computers for special effects, and so on ad-nauseum, all in the name of entertainment.

Aren't California's grid, budget and pollution problems worth a look into this, before they start going after Joe six-pack and his 50" TV set? Do the klieg lights have energy star ratings? The Hummer Limos -- are these hybrids? Is there any thought given to global warming and killing off Polar bears, in Hollywood production?

OK Midnight, let's go for the big ones. Power generation and transportation. Why not do a national program to get a grid where the wind, solar, and geothermal are at? As well other lessor clean sources.

Now conservation can be a big saver in and of itself. So replace the very bright lights with LED lighting. They deliver very bright lighting in small packages at far less power use than any other lighting.

OK Midnight, let's go for the big ones.
Let's go for the topic first:

Aren't California's grid and pollution problems worth a look into this, before they start going after Joe six-pack and his 50" TV set? Do the klieg lights have energy star ratings? The Hummer Limos -- are these hybrids? Is there any thought given to global warming and killing off Polar bears, in Hollywood production?

Thoughts to ponder.
they are even invading here, Sam Elliot and Snoop Dogg are in twon filming a movie. Reports say Snoop is smoking all the pot, leaving none for the rest of us.
I just want to know what kind of movie has both Sam Elliot and Snoop Dogg in it?

Global Warming or Global Freezing: is the ice really melting? by F. William Engdahl | Climate Realists

The reality about Arctic ice is quite different. Although some 10 million square kilometres of sea-ice melts each summer, each September the Arctic starts to freeze again. The extent of the ice now is 500,000 sq km greater than it was this same time last year – which was, in turn, 500,000 sq km more than in September 2007, the lowest point recently recorded (see Cryosphere Today of the University of Illinois, Polar Sea Ice Cap and Snow - Cryosphere Today).

The current global warming propaganda scare is being hyped by politicians and special interests such as Goldman Sachs and other Wall Street financial firms that stand to reap billions trading new carbon credit financial futures. They are making an all-out effort to scare the world into a deal at the December Copenhagen Global Warming summit, the successor to the Kyoto agreement on CO2 emission reduction. It’s been estimated that the Global Warming bill supported by Barack Obama and his Wall Street patrons, passed by the House of Representatives but not by the more conservative US Senate, would cost US taxpayers some $10 trillion.
Warmer 1000 years ago?

In Sweden a new study (, in published by Haakan Grudd of the University of Stockholm’s Department of Physical Geography and Quaternary Geology confirms that the Arctic today is not warmer than in previous historical periods centuries ago before coal power plants or automobiles. Grudd’s study concludes that “The late-twentieth century is not exceptionally warm in the new record: On decadal-to-centennial timescales, periods around a.d. 750, 1000, 1400, and 1750 were equally warm, or warmer. The 200-year long warm period centered on a.d. 1000 was significantly warmer than the late-twentieth century and is supported by other local and regional paleoclimate data.” (H. Grudd, Torneträsk tree-ring width and density ad 500–2004: a test of climatic sensitivity and a new 1500-year reconstruction of north Fennoscandian summers, Climate Dynamics, Volume 31, Numbers 7-8 / December, 2008, in
SpringerLink - Journal Article.) Put simply, the earth was warmer one thousand years ago than today. And there were no records of SUVs or coal plants belching CO2 into the atmosphere back then.

The only problem with these serious scientific studies is that mainstream media entirely ignores them, preferring dramatic scare story scenarios such as Barack Obama presented in his UN speech or the UN’s Ban Ki-Moon in his staged Arctic ice drama.

Ah yes, F. William Engdahl. Such a believable fellow.

If Pigs Could Fly

F. William Engdahl, author of Seeds of Destruction: The Hidden Agenda of Genetic Manipulation and Full Spectrum Dominance: Totalitarian Democracy in the New World Order documents how attempts by the United States government to increase demand for flu vaccinations through fearmongering were revealed in a classified Center for Disease Control conference for vaccine manufacturers entitled “7-Step Recipes To Increase Demand for Flu Vaccination”.

In late 2005, as the media trumpeted more scare stories, the Pentagon ordered the vaccination of all U.S. military personnel against what it called Avian Flu. Just as Vice President Dick Cheney funnelled billions of dollars to his former company, Halliburton, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld personally benefitted from the transfer of more than $1 billion of taxpayers' money to his former company - to stockpile Tamiflu vaccine. President-select Bush then told Congress to appropriate an additional $2 billion for Tamiflu stocks - or be branded “soft” on deadly germs.

A California pharmaceutical company named Gilead Sciences holds exclusive world patent rights to Tamiflu. Prior to coming to Washington in January 2001, Rumsfeld had been chairman of Gilead. As the company's reputed largest stock holder, Defence Secretary Rummie decided not to sell. That “agonizing” decision netted him millions of dollars as the Gilead share price soared more than 700% in just weeks.

The avian flu pandemic never materialized.
Canada's "State Of Emergency" Laws Smithfield Foods in La Gloria Smithfield Foods in La Gloria My thanks to this reader - and for this opportunity to speak to you on behalf of the children and adults threatened with yet more dangerous vaccinations - as well as the forgotten creatures at the centre of this issue, who also could not be in attendance today.

When I became aware of swine flu and talk of “forced inoculations”, my first thought was “here we go again.”

Having written the first fully documented book on the sinister origins and horrific effects of “Gulf War Illness” I am well aware of the dangers of untested experimental vaccines laced with adjuvants added to supposedly boost their effectiveness by completely trashing human immunity.

According to congressional hearings in 2004, squalene illegally inserted into their anthrax vaccine was considered the main cause of 300,000 GIs with Gulf War Syndrome who have applied for complete disability. Few veterans have recovered.

Yet, in our outrage over a fake “epidemic” of yet another variant of “Influenza A” that can be as deadly as any flu in a handful of incidents - and in our concern over an untested vaccine known to be ineffective and dangerous in all cases - what about the pigs?

What about the pigs?
My thanks to this reader - and for this opportunity to speak to you on behalf of the children and adults threatened with yet more dangerous vaccinations - as well as the forgotten creatures at the centre of this issue, who also could not be in attendance today.

When I became aware of swine flu and talk of “forced inoculations”, my first thought was “here we go again.”

Having written the first fully documented book on the sinister origins and horrific effects of “Gulf War Illness” I am well aware of the dangers of untested experimental vaccines laced with adjuvants added to supposedly boost their effectiveness by completely trashing human immunity.

According to congressional hearings in 2004, squalene illegally inserted into their anthrax vaccine was considered the main cause of 300,000 GIs with Gulf War Syndrome who have applied for complete disability. Few veterans have recovered.

Yet, in our outrage over a fake “epidemic” of yet another variant of “Influenza A” that can be as deadly as any flu in a handful of incidents - and in our concern over an untested vaccine known to be ineffective and dangerous in all cases - what about the pigs?

What about the pigs?
My thanks to this reader - and for this opportunity to speak to you on behalf of the children and adults threatened with yet more dangerous vaccinations - as well as the forgotten creatures at the centre of this issue, who also could not be in attendance today.

You continue to dodge the question:

If Pigs Could Fly

F. William Engdahl, author of Seeds of Destruction: The Hidden Agenda of Genetic Manipulation and Full Spectrum Dominance: Totalitarian Democracy in the New World Order documents how attempts by the United States government to increase demand for flu vaccinations through fearmongering were revealed in a classified Center for Disease Control conference for vaccine manufacturers entitled “7-Step Recipes To Increase Demand for Flu Vaccination”.

In late 2005, as the media trumpeted more scare stories, the Pentagon ordered the vaccination of all U.S. military personnel against what it called Avian Flu. Just as Vice President Dick Cheney funnelled billions of dollars to his former company, Halliburton, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld personally benefitted from the transfer of more than $1 billion of taxpayers' money to his former company - to stockpile Tamiflu vaccine. President-select Bush then told Congress to appropriate an additional $2 billion for Tamiflu stocks - or be branded “soft” on deadly germs.

A California pharmaceutical company named Gilead Sciences holds exclusive world patent rights to Tamiflu. Prior to coming to Washington in January 2001, Rumsfeld had been chairman of Gilead. As the company's reputed largest stock holder, Defence Secretary Rummie decided not to sell. That “agonizing” decision netted him millions of dollars as the Gilead share price soared more than 700% in just weeks.

The avian flu pandemic never materialized.
Canada's "State Of Emergency" Laws Smithfield Foods in La Gloria Smithfield Foods in La Gloria My thanks to this reader - and for this opportunity to speak to you on behalf of the children and adults threatened with yet more dangerous vaccinations - as well as the forgotten creatures at the centre of this issue, who also could not be in attendance today.

What about the pigs?

What about the pigs?

Silly ass....this is your MO. Of course you didn't check out his sources that he posted. He's every bit as believable as the the dolts you post. Maybe more believable, because he doesn't have the sky is falling, the sky is falling mentality as you and your environuts. Old Rock's your yesterday's news when it comes to this stuff. Everyone on this board knows that you don't like America, and that you want "America to compete with China and Europe" A communist nation, and a bunch of socialist countries. Go live there a few years Old Rocks.

Egad, you are one dumb ass, Meister, that is his source. A friekin' conspiracy wingnut. And, yes, I use both the links Engdahl posted extensively, and they in no way support any of the nonsense that he posted denying the reality of warming.

Forum List

Back