Does the Constitution really give us inalienable rights that cannot be taken away?

Did you bitch at people who said Trump colluded with Putin and therefore won the Presidential Election and prevented Hillary from being our first female President?
I did. But they didn't listen either. Delusion is an attractive escape hatch.

We all seem to think our constitutional rights are etched in stone and cannot be violated. In fact they are at the whim of politicians who can justify taking them away with a stroke of the pen. George Carlin had an opinion on that..you think your rights are inviolate. He said if you do just go to Wikipedia and in the search box type in..Japanese-Americans 1942
What a silly thing to say. Of course the inherent rights of natural law can be suppressed or violated. Dummy. And tyranny is never justifiable. In this context, the term inviolate simply means that these rights are not granted or taken by the state. They can only be suppressed or violated by the state. Period. The possession of them, the right to them, does not cease to exist when they are suppressed or violated by force. Enslaving humans does not cease to be a crime against humanity just because someone commits it. Enslavement does not magically become not-enslavement, you idiot. X = X.

I did. But they didn't listen either. Delusion is an attractive escape hatch.
I agree. It’s great fun rattling democrats cages by claiming they rigged the election. It’s called payback.

The biggest problem with that approach is it is beginning to look like the dems actually did rig the election. If that is ever proven beyond a doubt it’s my bet this nation will be in serious trouble.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,
The "unalienable Rights" are described in the Declaration of Independence, which is the foundation of American values.

The Constitution is the organization of the government that is instituted among men to indirectly secure the unalienable Rights. The Constitution offers a mission statement in the Preamble.
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Currently, the governing system is having difficulty approaching Justice and Domestic Tranquility. The federal government is not instituted to directly secure the unalienable rights - the states are supposed to do that.

Forum List

Back