Does Paul really want/expect to win, or is he just setting the foundation for his son

i think that he saw, many years ago, that no one else was shining a bright light on our irresponsible fiscal practices and decided he had to do it himself (and probably knew he didn't have the personality to be elected). i applaud him for taking on the challenge when almost 100% of politicians (and almost all partisans) are fighting him. it must be tough battle.

The answer is quite simple. Paul gives many of the disenfranchised conservative voters a voice, this is why the GOP and the Media want to destroy him. Now that might sound like a tin foil hat idea but really, we all know it’s true.

From debates where the Media claimed Paul got the least amount of talk time (not to mention the most fucking retarded questions) that didn’t change even when he polled #1 in Iowa or now came in third in Iowa only 3% behind the #1 and 2 guy.

To almost every other candidate calling Paul names or claiming Paul is “so far out of the main stream.”

This is not to mention simply leaving Paul out of polling results because he takes second or first place, showing the first place guy Mitt then skipping Paul and talking about Newt or someone else… Or claiming if Paul wins Iowa that Iowa becomes “irrelevant.”

It’s about control. Don’t believe me, look at your options. What other candidate has such unfair treatment? Cain on his most unfair day in the Media is Paul's best.

Mitt = liberal flip flopper, big spender
Newt = Ego, liar, flip flopper, big spender
Perry = Idiot, crazy religious, big spender
Santorum = Bigot, homophobic, crazy religious, big spender

Each one of these men have had their jolt in the polls, a time to get their message out and in each case they fall back to earth faster than the one before them due to a record of giant ass Government and crazy ideas, like war with Iran… Going back into Iraq…. Expanding the Patriot act. If these ideas were popular among the Republican party then why did they lose their #1 status in the polls?

In the end Paul has 1 thing… no 2… wait… 3 things that only one other candidate shares. These three things are, His name is on the ballots in others states, he has the Money/capital and through donations and he actually has a following… Paul does not go from 4% in the polls to 36% then back to 7% in 5 weeks… Paul has actual, real support.

So yes, today Paul might not be top dog, but it’s about the long game, and Paul has it… Many states will only have Paul and Mitt on the ballot, think about that. Now ask yourself the real question, is anyone running for President in the Republican party serious about winning other than Paul and Mitt?

This is how I see it playing out.

-Ron Paul will campain hard for Republican nomination. Established power will give nod to Romney.
-Ron Paul supporters will DEMAND he runs third party. At which point the gloves will come off and its time to start attacking the GOP establishment.
-Americans will have to choose between corporate liberals, liberals, and conservatives.

I predict victory for Ron Paul, provided he chooses a strong vice president. With Paul the vice will be everything.

I think he does want and expect to win. I dont see how him running sets up anything for Rand.

I think he does want and expect to win. I dont see how him running sets up anything for Rand.

The whole country is swinging Libertarian. Liberals are converting. Independents are converting. Traditional GOP members are abandoning a lost cause.

Washington is so corrupt they have left us no choice but to starve them at the vine.

Seems plausible to me that he knows his chances are slim and he is just setting the stage for future ambitions of his son.

Thoughts.....
Given his son is an ignorant idiot, one fails to see the point. Of course parents are often blind to their children’s failings.

No, this is part of Paul’s ‘movement,’ he’s likely aiming to be a ‘king maker’ and have some influence with regard to what planks go into the GOP platform.

seems plausible to me that he knows his chances are slim and he is just setting the stage for future ambitions of his son.

Thoughts.....

he's on an ego trip.

bazinga!

Of all he criticism's of Paul, I'd have to say this line is the most off the mark. If anything, he doesn't have enough ego invested. He is so centered on the ideas and principles that he routinely sacrifices what's his own best political interests to make the pitch for libertarian ideals.

Regarding the OP, I wouldn't say Paul isn't serious in his campaign, but it is the ideas that drive him. Being elected president would be the most impactful way to promote those ideas, so I'm quite sure he wants to win. But winning the election isn't the point, selling the ideas is.

If there's any 'strategery' going on, I would look for him to build as much support as he can in the Republican primary and then run as a Libertarian, or to endorse Gary Johnson in his bid. For some reason I don't see him pushing his son. Not sure why.

Last edited:
i think that he saw, many years ago, that no one else was shining a bright light on our irresponsible fiscal practices and decided he had to do it himself (and probably knew he didn't have the personality to be elected). i applaud him for taking on the challenge when almost 100% of politicians (and almost all partisans) are fighting him. it must be tough battle.

That moment was when nixon took us off the gold standard.

Seems plausible to me that he knows his chances are slim and he is just setting the stage for future ambitions of his son.

Thoughts.....
Given his son is an ignorant idiot, one fails to see the point. Of course parents are often blind to their children’s failings.

No, this is part of Paul’s ‘movement,’ he’s likely aiming to be a ‘king maker’ and have some influence with regard to what planks go into the GOP platform.

I think you nailed it.

Ron knows he won't be elected. He's hoping for a bush-like dynasty - right down the whiny voice.

All we can do is hope that the country comes to it's senses and realizes the elected teapartiers haven't done a anything good for our country.

In fact, I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice that the various bagger clubs around the country have been pretty quiet lately. Maybe they're hiding out because they know they screwed up.

Back to Paul - I've been hearing that his followers have some sort of pact going that they will vote only for him so, I could be wrong.

Forum List

Back