Does illegal immigration cost the USA $148 billion a year? Politifact debunks claim

A thread in this board caught my attention, as it claimed that illegal immigration costs the USA $148 billion a year. Here it is: Trump’s Wall Costs $21.6 Billion; Illegal Immigration Costs $148.3 Billion Per Year
I went to Politifact.com (independent fact-checker), and found that even a smaller claim of 113 billion a year was said to be bullshit. Trump says illegal immigration costs $113 billion a year

That's right. The claim that illegal immigration costs 113 billion a year was debunked, and what do USMB conservatives do? Make the fake stat even higher ($148 billion).
Excerpt from Politifact's debunking article:

"One thing we’ve been told over the years: FAIR’s conclusions stem from inexact estimates and assumptions."

Liberals should bookmark this link, since right-wingers spread the fake $148/113 billion statistic very frequently.
Thank God for fact checking sites like Politifact and Fact check.org. There are too many right wing sites that spew alternative facts... made up shit....

A thread in this board caught my attention, as it claimed that illegal immigration costs the USA $148 billion a year. Here it is: Trump’s Wall Costs $21.6 Billion; Illegal Immigration Costs $148.3 Billion Per Year
I went to Politifact.com (independent fact-checker), and found that even a smaller claim of 113 billion a year was said to be bullshit. Trump says illegal immigration costs $113 billion a year

That's right. The claim that illegal immigration costs 113 billion a year was debunked, and what do USMB conservatives do? Make the fake stat even higher ($148 billion).

"One thing we’ve been told over the years: FAIR’s conclusions stem from inexact estimates and assumptions."

Liberals should bookmark this link, since right-wingers spread the fake $148/113 billion statistic very frequently.

Fact;

RussianWingers are liars
RussianWingers suck at math
RussianWingers pet longterm project has been whining about Mexicans
RussianWingers simply ignore threads that debase them or any of their talking points

Russian wingers, didn't Clinton sale 20% of our uranium to Russia,so did you mean Dem Russian wingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cute try but the far left Progressive Politifact checker has been proven to be totally biased. It is owned by The Tampa Bay Times. They use the same facilities, editors, writers and janitors.

Fact;

RussianWingers are liars
RussianWingers suck at math
RussianWingers pet longterm project has been whining about Mexicans
RussianWingers simply ignore threads that debase them or any of their talking points

Russian wingers, didn't Clinton sale 20% of our uranium to Russia,so did you mean Dem Russian wingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How long are you going to continue this lie about Clinton and the 20% uranium?
No, Hillary Clinton did not "give Russia 20 percent of the uranium" in the US

Cute try but the far left Progressive Politifact checker has been proven to be totally biased. It is owned by The Tampa Bay Times. They use the same facilities, editors, writers and janitors.
There are no right wing fact check organizations. Ever ask yourself why?
Politifact is neither left nor right. Facts don't carry a bias.

60 minutes did a great segment last Sunday on people that create sites for the only reason to mislead and fool the public. The " Hilary has Parkinson's" was one. It's called Danger and Play. World Nut Daily and Infowars also carried this disinformation and making a habit of lying to right wingers then they come to this forum spewing their garbage.

You tell me, what are the net costs?

"Net costs" are irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant. This is not an economic decision, this is a SECURITY decision.

Whatever the cost, our government has an obligation to defend our country. Without borders, we have no country to defend.

Politifact is not an independent fact checker. It's owned by the Tampa Bay Times, which endorsed Clinton.
Conflict of Interest: PolitiFact and the Clinton Foundation Share Megadonor

And they didn't debunk the 113 Billion dollar claim it was a rambling piece which really didn't say much except at the end state mostly false. What the fuck does mostly false mean?.
Mumbling Muff Diver

Ask Ray Chill Maddow. She's the expert at rambling spiels that don't say much.
should we, "send in a spelunker" to "find out the truth"?
That's a rabbit hole even Alice wouldn't go into.

And, even illegal immigration was not any form of problem, when we have massive federal budget surpluses to work with.

When do we have massive surpluses?
We used to. The Ivy League MBA of the right, "squandered it".

When?
When the right wing, had their Ivy League, MBA "at the helm".

When? How much?
just attention deficits? Your Ivy League, MBA on the right. He had massive federal budget surpluses to work with; and almost single-handedly overturned a maxim that states, it merely takes massive federal budget surpluses, to make more money.

No specifics? Has the weed already fried your brain?

You tell me, what are the net costs?

"Net costs" are irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant. This is not an economic decision, this is a SECURITY decision.

Whatever the cost, our government has an obligation to defend our country. Without borders, we have no country to defend.
we have a common defense clause, not a security clause. We have a Second Amendment, for that.

We used to. The Ivy League MBA of the right, "squandered it".

When?

When? How much?
just attention deficits? Your Ivy League, MBA on the right. He had massive federal budget surpluses to work with; and almost single-handedly overturned a maxim that states, it merely takes massive federal budget surpluses, to make more money.

You have nothing but fallacy. Why not google it if you want actually debate the topic, instead of just have nothing but red herrings, while claiming you have a work ethic and are willing to learn how to fish. third worlders, work harder than you.

Polit-nofacts

Is a left wing bull shit propaganda spewing group... About as reliable as Snoops which also a left wing crap site.

The price tab on people killed and raped by illegals is much, much higher than $148 billion. So Politicrap is wrong.

(1) Extra border patrol agents
(2) The legal system ( including prisons and jails )
(3) Bi-lingual printed materials ( public buildings, schools, hospitals, government services, etc. )
(4) Bi-lingual teachers, 911 operators, emergency personnel, lawyers and legal counsel, etc.
(5) Government assistance programs ( housing, food, utilities, transportation, healthcare, etc. )
(6) Jobs ( agriculture, hospitality industry, landscaping, construction, food processing, etc. )
(7) Local and state law enforcement personnel ( including ATF agents, DEA agents, etc. )
(8) Immigration and Naturalization Service personnel
(9) Illegal drug trade ( gangs, violence, illegal weapons, etc. )
(10) Human trafficking ( children and teens )
(11) Lost tax revenue ( payroll deductions, failing to file an income tax return, no valid SSN, etc. )
(12) Terrorism ( 911, mass shootings, bombings, etc. )

The cost is in the untold multi-$Billions range.

Social services alone cost the American taxpayers hundreds of $millions. When including the deterioration of neighborhoods and communities, the cost soars.

Also, keep in mind the jobs taken from the American workforce represent multi-$Millions in lost tax revenue.
But on the other hand, if businesses would stop hiring illegals and stop enabling illegals, and if we lived in a country that realized nobody is above the law, not illegals or the people that hire them, this might be a better place to live, given all that, This would be a much better place.

(1) Extra border patrol agents
(2) The legal system ( including prisons and jails )
(3) Bi-lingual printed materials ( public buildings, schools, hospitals, government services, etc. )
(4) Bi-lingual teachers, 911 operators, emergency personnel, lawyers and legal counsel, etc.
(5) Government assistance programs ( housing, food, utilities, transportation, healthcare, etc. )
(6) Jobs ( agriculture, hospitality industry, landscaping, construction, food processing, etc. )
(7) Local and state law enforcement personnel ( including ATF agents, DEA agents, etc. )
(8) Immigration and Naturalization Service personnel
(9) Illegal drug trade ( gangs, violence, illegal weapons, etc. )
(10) Human trafficking ( children and teens )
(11) Lost tax revenue ( payroll deductions, failing to file an income tax return, no valid SSN, etc. )
(12) Terrorism ( 911, mass shootings, bombings, etc. )

The cost is in the untold multi-$Billions range.

Social services alone cost the American taxpayers hundreds of $millions. When including the deterioration of neighborhoods and communities, the cost soars.

Also, keep in mind the jobs taken from the American workforce represent multi-$Millions in lost tax revenue.
But on the other hand, if businesses would stop hiring illegals and stop enabling illegals, and if we lived in a country that realized nobody is above the law, not illegals or the people that hire them, this might be a better place to live, given all that, This would be a much better place.
I agree 110% ....................................................... every single person that hires, houses, feeds, or assist an illegal in any manner, should be put in prison for life without the possibility of parole. That would end this problem very quickly. After the first one is convicted and sentenced, the word would spread like wildfire. Problem solved.

When? How much?

You have nothing but fallacy. Why not google it if you want actually debate the topic, instead of just have nothing but red herrings, while claiming you have a work ethic and are willing to learn how to fish. third worlders, work harder than you.

What is there to debate?
You made some stupid claim and you won't give any specifics.

Forum List

Back