Does illegal immigration cost the USA $148 billion a year? Politifact debunks claim

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
A thread in this board caught my attention, as it claimed that illegal immigration costs the USA $148 billion a year. Here it is: Trump’s Wall Costs $21.6 Billion; Illegal Immigration Costs $148.3 Billion Per Year
I went to Politifact.com (independent fact-checker), and found that even a smaller claim of 113 billion a year was said to be bullshit. Trump says illegal immigration costs $113 billion a year

That's right. The claim that illegal immigration costs 113 billion a year was debunked, and what do USMB conservatives do? Make the fake stat even higher ($148 billion).
Excerpt from Politifact's debunking article:

"One thing we’ve been told over the years: FAIR’s conclusions stem from inexact estimates and assumptions."

Liberals should bookmark this link, since right-wingers spread the fake $148/113 billion statistic very frequently.

If anyone in america gave a fuck about govt spending of public funding we'd be going after the endless war machine. And we clearly ain't ever gonna get 'round to that.

A thread in this board caught my attention, as it claimed that illegal immigration costs the USA $148 billion a year. Here it is: Trump’s Wall Costs $21.6 Billion; Illegal Immigration Costs $148.3 Billion Per Year
I went to Politifact.com (independent fact-checker), and found that even a smaller claim of 113 billion a year was said to be bullshit. Trump says illegal immigration costs $113 billion a year

That's right. The claim that illegal immigration costs 113 billion a year was debunked, and what do USMB conservatives do? Make the fake stat even higher ($148 billion).

"One thing we’ve been told over the years: FAIR’s conclusions stem from inexact estimates and assumptions."

Liberals should bookmark this link, since right-wingers spread the fake $148/113 billion statistic very frequently.
(1) Extra border patrol agents
(2) The legal system ( including prisons and jails )
(3) Bi-lingual printed materials ( public buildings, schools, hospitals, government services, etc. )
(4) Bi-lingual teachers, 911 operators, emergency personnel, lawyers and legal counsel, etc.
(5) Government assistance programs ( housing, food, utilities, transportation, healthcare, etc. )
(6) Jobs ( agriculture, hospitality industry, landscaping, construction, food processing, etc. )
(7) Local and state law enforcement personnel ( including ATF agents, DEA agents, etc. )
(8) Immigration and Naturalization Service personnel
(9) Illegal drug trade ( gangs, violence, illegal weapons, etc. )
(10) Human trafficking ( children and teens )
(11) Lost tax revenue ( payroll deductions, failing to file an income tax return, no valid SSN, etc. )
(12) Terrorism ( 911, mass shootings, bombings, etc. )

The cost is in the untold multi-$Billions range.

Social services alone cost the American taxpayers hundreds of $millions. When including the deterioration of neighborhoods and communities, the cost soars.

Also, keep in mind the jobs taken from the American workforce represent multi-$Millions in lost tax revenue.

Fact;

RussianWingers are liars
RussianWingers suck at math
RussianWingers pet longterm project has been whining about Mexicans
RussianWingers simply ignore threads that debase them or any of their talking points

(3) Bi-lingual printed materials ( public buildings, schools, hospitals, government services, etc. )
(4) Bi-lingual teachers, 911 operators, emergency personnel, lawyers and legal counsel, etc.
(5) Government assistance programs ( housing, food, utilities, transportation, healthcare, etc. )
(6) Jobs ( agriculture, hospitality industry, landscaping, construction, food processing, etc. )
(7) Local and state law enforcement personnel ( including ATF agents, DEA agents, etc. )
(11) Lost tax revenue ( payroll deductions, failing to file an income tax return, no valid SSN, etc. )

Social services alone cost the American taxpayers hundreds of $millions. When including the deterioration of neighborhoods and communities, the cost soars.

Also, keep in mind the jobs taken from the American workforce represent multi-$Millions in lost tax revenue.

also keep in mind those jobs are jobs Americans wont do or those jobs wouldnt be there for the taking by mexicans

What did you find the NET costs were in relation to Illegal immigration? Do you have a real number and a link to the analysis?

Illegals tax fraud cost us $5 to $7 billion every year FACT! That alone would save us enough over the next 10 years to build Trump's wall three times over EAT IT LIBS.

also keep in mind those jobs are jobs Americans wont do or those jobs wouldnt be there for the taking by mexicans
WRONG !!!!!

That argument has been debunked a thousand times for years now. Employers hire them because illegals are cheap labor. Employers don't have to pay workmans comp, insurance, vacation pay, bonuses, etc.. Employers know that they would have to pay Americans workers a lot more, and they see American workers as eating into their profit. It's all based on GREED. Also, illegals don't complain, don't file law suits against employers, and they keep a low profile. They don't go on strike, nor push for a business to become unionized. In other words, it's all about GREED and having passive employees on the payroll.

American workers will do any job that the illegals do, if paid enough for their services, period. You pay an American worker $16.00 an hour to work in a food processing plant, and you'd have thousands applying for the job. You pay American workers $16.00 an hour to pick produce, and there would be thousands lined up to apply for the jobs.

It's all about GREED, and the bottom line of Corporate American and small businesses. Money is the name of the game.

(copy and pasted...this shit is getting old...see below)
"Come on bud...SERIOUSLY?
This debate has been had way too many times. I'll make it short...PLEASE explain the numbers to me. The average Hispanic family in CA looks like this:
Carlos and Guadalupe have 4-6 children born in the U.S. all attending public schools. Carlos works for $10 dollars an hour and averages 50 hours per week while Guadalupe is a stay at home mother.
Carlos grosses $500 per week in income.
The cost to attend a public school in CA is $10,600 per year per child. The cost of child birth in CA is $10,000. Carlos and Guadalupe get housing assistance, EBT, welfare, health coverage...etc etc all compliments of hard working real American taxpayers. I won't list all the other direct and indirect expenses related to Carlos' family as it would be retarded and a waste of time.
Do your own math and PLEASE explain to me how Carlos and Guadalupe are helping Americans and this country?
How many piece of shit junker autos do you think they buy, how many bottles of Tapatio or cans of Bud Light? Payroll taxes? They pay a zero percent effective tax rate and don't tell me that many use a bogus tax id to pay taxes yet never collect the return...that's absolute bullshit and just another fabricated Liberal myth...those types claim 99 dependents and essentially exempt themselves from withholding."

WRONG !!!!!

That argument has been debunked a thousand times for years now. Employers hire them because illegals are cheap labor. Employers don't have to pay workmans comp, insurance, vacation pay, bonuses, etc.. Employers know that they would have to pay Americans workers a lot more, and they see American workers as eating into their profit. It's all based on GREED. Also, illegals don't complain, don't file law suits against employers, and they keep a low profile. They don't go on strike, nor push for a business to become unionized. In other words, it's all about GREED and having passive employees on the payroll.

American workers will do any job that the illegals do, if paid enough for their services, period. You pay an American worker $16.00 an hour to work in a food processing plant, and you'd have thousands applying for the job. You pay American workers $16.00 an hour to pick produce, and there would be thousands lined up to apply for the jobs.

It's all about GREED, and the bottom line of Corporate American and small businesses. Money is the name of the game.
Several contractors I knew hired them and then would not pay them...

school
healthcare
public roads
other various forms of free shit
they take tax paying jobs and turn them into under the table
money going out of the economy going to another country
NO income taxes being paid
Stolen identities
cause death
Here is 15.6B in 2015 alone. Improper tax refunds ALONE
IRS improperly paid $15.6 billion through Earned Income Tax Credit program
It might not be close to 150B but how could ANYONE know the actual number?
I have also read that illegals cost Cali alone around 20B a year or so :dunno:

Illegals tax fraud cost us $5 to $7 billion every year FACT! That alone would save us enough over the next 10 years to build Trump's wall three times over EAT IT LIBS.

prove it

The Treasury inspector general reported on this a couple weeks ago, don't you read the news? Go ahead dispute the inspector general so I can laugh in your face. :eusa_hand:

prove it Liberace' or stfu ..

^^^ typical libtard denial even when confronted with widely reported facts from an inspector general. Go bury your head in the sand fool.

Fact;

RussianWingers are liars
RussianWingers suck at math
RussianWingers pet longterm project has been whining about Mexicans
RussianWingers simply ignore threads that debase them or any of their talking points
Fact

You are a moron

Even if every illegal left today, you would have all the same expenses on your list .

What did you find the NET costs were in relation to Illegal immigration? Do you have a real number and a link to the analysis?
We have the largest economy in the world, even with illegal immigration. Why do you believe that is?

Forum List

Back