Middle Class Tax Cuts OK - But Increases for Movie Stars OK Too

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Well, what goes around comes around. OK Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, et al loudmoputh Trump Bashers. And LeBron James, and Colin Kapernick....Aren't you guys the liberals who have been also crowing about raising taxes on the rich ? Well guess what. You guys are the highest paid workers in America. You ARE that "rich" you were talking about.

I'm for the low (15%) corporate tax that Trump has long proposed. I'm also for cutting taxes on the middle class, and even semi-wealthy as well,....BUT....when it comes to the multimillionaire movie stars (especially the loudmouth Trump bashers) I'm for major tax INCREASES on them/ So Meryl Streep, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, Alec Baldwin, and all the rest - I can't see giving them tax cuts. Not hardly.

As for the sports athletes, who mouth off equally loud against America and Trump (LeBron James, Colin Kapernick, et al), while pocketing millions$$ per year, they could pay 90% for all I care.

So OK let's give them what they say they support.

Well, what goes around comes around. OK Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, et al loudmoputh Trump Bashers. And LeBron James, and Colin Kapernick....Aren't you guys the liberals who have been also crowing about raising taxes on the rich ? Well guess what. You guys are the highest paid workers in America. You ARE that "rich" you were talking about.

I'm for the low (15%) corporate tax that Trump has long proposed. I'm also for cutting taxes on the middle class, and even semi-wealthy as well,....BUT....when it comes to the multimillionaire movie stars (especially the loudmouth Trump bashers) I'm for major tax INCREASES on them/ So Meryl Streep, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, Alec Baldwin, and all the rest - I can't see giving them tax cuts. Not hardly.

As for the sports athletes, who mouth off equally loud against America and Trump (LeBron James, Colin Kapernick, et al), while pocketing millions$$ per year, they could pay 90% for all I care.

Sure, every administration should be able to raise taxes on any individual who questions the administration.

Julia Louis-Dreyfuss stands to inherit more than Paris Hilton.

Sure, every administration should be able to raise taxes on any individual who questions the administration.
Whether they question it or not, these overpaid, spoiled brat whiners deserves to have their asses taxed to bits. :biggrin:

During WW2 the individual income tax top rate got as high as 90%.

Then it dropped slightly but climbed back up during the Korean War.

JFK dropped the top rate to 70% where it stayed until Reagan dropped it to about 30% about where it stayed for a while until Clinton and W Bush began to tweak it up and down around the high 30s where it is now.

Trump wants to lower it to historical lows probably closer to the 1920's however he does not explain how he will make up for the difference in revenue. He needs to have it be revenue neutral -- he cannot under the budget resolution 10 year law run a deficit (meaning a bigger deficit).

So Trump's plan is DOA already. It is yet another one of his hollow promises.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...ate_for_Highest_and_Lowest_Income_Earners.jpg

Whether they question it or not, these overpaid, spoiled brat whiners deserves to have their asses taxed to bits. :biggrin:
Nobody deserves that.

Our taxes won't change much. And if one group pays less than another group will need to pay more.

So it simply won't happen for individuals.

On the corporate side, the only way Trump can afford to give some corporations a tax break down to 15% is to raise taxes on the abusive companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, Walmart, etc. who have buried billions of dollars in foreign tax havens.

There are 3 proposals by Trump/Ryan on this:

1 - give Apple et all a big tax hit on their foreign haven income (all of it and spread the payment over 10 years); and/or

2 - tax overseas earnings in the USA every year just like US income; and/or

3 - repeal the deduction for COGS on all imported foreign products of all US companies.

You can bet your bippy that Apple et all are going to fight this with lobbying and bribes.

And the foreign companies doing business in the USA (like Samsung) will lose their biggest deduction so they will lobby and bribe too.

I don't think Trump/Ryan will be able to pull anything off.

On the corporate side, the only way Trump can afford to give some corporations a tax break down to 15% is to raise taxes on the abusive companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, Walmart, etc. who have buried billions of dollars in foreign tax havens.

1 - give Apple et all a big tax hit on their foreign haven income (all of it and spread the payment over 10 years); and/or

3 - repeal the deduction for COGS on all imported foreign products of all US companies.

You can bet your bippy that Apple et all are going to fight this with lobbying and bribes.
That's how legislation works in america, lobbying and bribes.

What about athletes and movie stars who support Trump? Will they be taxed 90% too?
HK won't be able to do business in the USA under the Trump/Ryan proposals.

There is no way you could buy anything but a Colt, S&W, Ruger etc.

Only American made with American parts.

:D

Gullible RWNJs actually believe drumpf will keep his promise to cut their taxes? He lied about Mexico paying for ridiculous wall and he's owned by Goldmann Sach, lobbyists and other 1%. Who do you fools think is paying for that wall and his other disasters?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Gullible RWNJs actually believe drumpf will keep his promise to cut their taxes? He lied about Mexico paying for ridiculous wall and he's owned by Goldmann Sach, lobbyists and other 1%. Who do you fools think is paying for that wall and his other disasters?

Trump is looking like he will accomplish nothing and become another one term President like Carter and GHW Bush.

And the foreign companies doing business in the USA (like Samsung) will lose their biggest deduction so they will lobby and bribe too.

I don't think Trump/Ryan will be able to pull anything off.

Do you have any clue how much that would cost the corrupt, crooked drumpf klan?

Don't hold your breath for them to raise taxes on themselves.

[emoji849]

Forum List

Back