Does gun control work???

I think for the most part, this is an issue that crosses the divide between both liberals and conservatives. I've seen and read a lot of posts from liberals who are as strong on the 2nd amendment as conservatives.. There's always going to be the moonbat crazy leftists who hate guns and anything to do with guns but I believe they are a minority, thankfully.

also compared to Detroit, Windsor is pretty nice.....eliminate the gun violence by the Gang Bangers in Detroit and this article would be pointless.....
Of course, the demographics between the city of Detroit and the country of Canada are nearly identical...right? Why didn't you compare Canada to say, North Dakota? I wonder...

Also, it is interesting to note that after enacting stringent gun control laws in 1991 and 1995, Canada has not made its citizens any safer. "The contrast between the criminal violence rates in the United States and in Canada is dramatic," says Canadian criminologist Gary Mauser in 2003. "Over the past decade, the rate of violent crime in Canada has increased while in the United States the violent crime rate has plummeted."

But whatever, don't let facts get in the way of your stance against the Bill of Rights.
1. Windsor and Detroit are obvious comparisons because they are 2 cities in very close proximity, but with totally different approaches to gun ownership and social policies.

2. Toronto is more ethnically diverse than Miami, Los Angeles, and New York City - 49.9% of Toronto's population is foreign-born.
Over 20% of Windsor's population is foreign-born, which is the fourth-highest % for any Canadian city. Visible minorities also make up 21.0% of the population, making Windsor the most diverse city in Ontario outside of the Greater Toronto Area.

3. Windsor and Toronto have nothing in common with North Dakota. Their differences with Detroit stems from the fact that Canadians have invested more heavily in public education and social programs which have attempted to prevent the development of the extreme poverty and hopelessness.

4. The FBI in Detroit recorded 310 homicides in 2010 while the police department indicates that the number was 268. That translates into 1 murder every 1.17 to 1.36 days.
By comparison, the Greater Toronto Area which has a population of 5.5 million (as compared to Detroit's 713,000) had 60 homicides in 2010 (approximately 1 every 6.08 days).

5. The GTA has gangs too, but there is a higher crime rate in Detroit, and most other US cities for a reason and the most obvious difference identified by the police is the ease of access to handguns.

last year the LA Times did a story about gang violence......when they took all the shootings that were gang related out of the mix from South Central and the other neighborhoods.....LA was one of the safest Cities on the planet.....Gang shootings add a lot to the violence in every city......and keeping guns out of the Citizens hands will not keep guns out of the Criminal hands ......

I think for the most part, this is an issue that crosses the divide between both liberals and conservatives. I've seen and read a lot of posts from liberals who are as strong on the 2nd amendment as conservatives.. There's always going to be the moonbat crazy leftists who hate guns and anything to do with guns but I believe they are a minority, thankfully.

You mean conservatives support the original intent of having part time militias instead of a full time professional land based military under federal control?

Didn't know that. :eusa_eh:

And?

Before strict gun laws..the violence was much worse.

But since you live here..you know that..right?

Oh wait. :lol:

And you can still purchase guns in Virginia..they make their way here. Thank you Virginia.
The statistics PROVE you wrong. You can whine and bitch all you like.. it's still comes out the same in the end.

And?

Before strict gun laws..the violence was much worse.

But since you live here..you know that..right?

Oh wait. :lol:

And you can still purchase guns in Virginia..they make their way here. Thank you Virginia.
The statistics PROVE you wrong. You can whine and bitch all you like.. it's still comes out the same in the end.

No they don't. The murder rate in NYC was far higher before strict gun laws were implemented.

You mean conservatives support the original intent of having part time militias instead of a full time professional land based military under federal control?

I'd like for you to note in the Constitution how a well regulated Militia is defined by your warped mindset? Secondly, my right to own a gun is a guaranteed right in the Constitution. Nothing you say or do will EVER change that.

Your PLAYING STRETCH ARMSTRONG.

Forum List

Back