Does gun control work???

And?

Before strict gun laws..the violence was much worse.

But since you live here..you know that..right?

Oh wait. :lol:

And you can still purchase guns in Virginia..they make their way here. Thank you Virginia.

Do you work for Bloomberg? Sounds like it. :cuckoo: As for your claim......... proof would be nice...........

Soon as mandatory sentencing laws took effect..the murder by gun rates went down. If you don't have a gun..inserting bullets manually is pretty difficult.

Still no proof there Skippy....... Go figure...... :lol:

The statistics PROVE you wrong. You can whine and bitch all you like.. it's still comes out the same in the end.

No they don't. The murder rate in NYC was far higher before strict gun laws were implemented.

What about other crimes did they rise when strict gun laws were implemented?
Assault?
Robberies?
Rape?
Home Invasions?

Considering the size and ethnic diversity of New York..it's a pretty low crime city. Add in, you can still own guns to protect your home and business. You just can't carry them around willy nilly.

Do you work for Bloomberg? Sounds like it. :cuckoo: As for your claim......... proof would be nice...........

Soon as mandatory sentencing laws took effect..the murder by gun rates went down. If you don't have a gun..inserting bullets manually is pretty difficult.

Proof of what?

Not having a gun makes it awful hard to shoot someone?

Well how do you get those bullets in a body without one?

:eusa_eh:

Proof of what?

Really bad short (not to mention long) term memory eh? Ya aughta take something for that.

No they don't. The murder rate in NYC was far higher before strict gun laws were implemented.

Assault?
Robberies?
Rape?
Home Invasions?

Considering the size and ethnic diversity of New York..it's a pretty low crime city. Add in, you can still own guns to protect your home and business. You just can't carry them around willy nilly.

OH so now it's "Considering the size and ethnic diversity of New York." That did not answer the question. But I guess to keep from doing the dance around the question you don't have to answer.

Assault?
Robberies?
Rape?
Home Invasions?

OH so now it's "Considering the size and ethnic diversity of New York." That did not answer the question. But I guess to keep from doing the dance around the question you don't have to answer.

Again..since the 1980s, crime has been going down dramatically in NYC. There are several factors included in that..larger police force with better training..better economic conditions..and stricter gun laws..including mandatory sentencing.

Proof of what?

Really bad short (not to mention long) term memory eh? Ya aughta take something for that.

For what? It's kinda hard deciphering code without a key.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qXnojmQz3I]Frank Zappa - Dancin' Fool - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qXnojmQz3I]Frank Zappa - Dancin' Fool - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s]Abba - Dancing Queen - YouTube[/ame]

They had trouble with English too. Didn't stop them from writing some killer songs! :thup:

By looking at the following link...

Digging into China

...I'd say no. Weather gun control or non nuclear proliferation pacts people as well as governments will not disarm themselves for fear of hostile human/government aggression. I must ask, does the above link prove my point???

No the link does not prove your point.

Its about China's nuclear tunnells :confused:

I think you are right though "gun control" doesn't work when its the type that is taking the guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s]Abba - Dancing Queen - YouTube[/ame]

They had trouble with English too. Didn't stop them from writing some killer songs! :thup:
Your problem isn't English, it's memory and laziness. Here's a hint: Try going back to where I first asked you to prove a claim you made (and continue to make). Ya know, one of those linky thingies.......... :eusa_whistle:

Oh and I really need to get some sleep. I'll check back in a year or two to see if you've found some stats that haven't come out of Bloombergs spin machine.

Again..since the 1980s, crime has been going down dramatically in NYC. There are several factors included in that..larger police force with better training..better economic conditions..and stricter gun laws..including mandatory sentencing.
I noticed that in 2001 there was only 661 murders wasn't that the same years of 9/11? Why wasn't those numbers added? Thats why I am skeptical of all government reports.
Uniform Crime Reports of New York Cit and Index from 1985 to 2005

Your problem isn't English, it's memory and laziness. Here's a hint: Try going back to where I first asked you to prove a claim you made (and continue to make). Ya know, one of those linky thingies.......... :eusa_whistle:

Why?

There's are chart posted where the crime climaxes then comes down. That's around the same time mandatory sentences were imposed for carrying handguns in the city.

The poster tried to make the charge the Sullivan law was ineffective. Well it was..it had no teeth.

I noticed that in 2001 there was only 661 murders wasn't that the same years of 9/11? Why wasn't those numbers added? Thats why I am skeptical of all government reports.

Then why post them?

:lol:

In any case..just wondering why the "State's rights" crowd suddenly get all federal when it comes to this issue.

Then why post them?

In any case..just wondering why the "State's rights" crowd suddenly get all federal when it comes to this issue.

To show they don't report all crimes

Then why post them?

That's kind of a different issue. You do know that not all crimes are reported to the police by victims, right?

Why call it " gun control"? Do we use the term "vehicle control" when we enact driving regulations? Of course reasonable regulations regarding weapons posession work.

Then why post them?

That's kind of a different issue. You do know that not all crimes are reported to the police by victims, right?
A crime is a crime and yes not all crimes are reported to the police, but it looks like someone would have reported 3,000 people being murdered in New York City on 9/11/2001 I guess someone forgot to report it.

Forum List

Back