Does God Exist?

I've found that they have to repent their atheism first. I think it's hard for them to have faith in God because their atheism gets in the way.

I've never understood why it's important that others believe what you believe. Faith is a personal thing, not collective.

I suppose you're talking about the OP making a statement. However, once he said it, we react to it based on our worldview. I don't disagree that he can believe what he wants to believe, but there are consequences. So if you believe atheists going to hell is not important, then what can I say?

Now, if you are you talking about salvation, then I think you'll agree that what God has said is important. God already knows who will make it and who won't if you are talking about salvation. Thus, you'll want to follow what he has said. Your faith should lead you to this.

Thus, it's not important to me that others believe what I believe, but I am pointing out the consequences since there is more to it than what the OP stated. There's more to in than what the Jack Chick tract stated, but it gets the idea across.

God already knows who will make it and who won't if you are talking about salvation. Thus, you'll want to follow what he has said.

What he said, or what you believe he said?

Everyone has a different opinion on this.

What is true and what exists is what a person believes and experiences.

IMHO? No.

And neither does the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Though I'd love to be able to list my religion on the census as "Pastafarianiasm"!

Pastafarianism and xtianity have the same common flaw ... a dependence on a corporeal deity that can can be easily rendered 'al dente'.

I've never understood why it's important that others believe what you believe. Faith is a personal thing, not collective.

The better question is: What benefit is in a belief in God?

The benefit is believing in Jesus as our Savior means you're not an atheist. That means you'll receive not only short-term happiness, but long-term joy. Otherwise, you end up as an unhappy negative person like our OP.
Belief can also mean that you are an easy mark for fake holy men with all too earthly agendas. It's apparently like walking a minefield to have faith and be appropirately skeptical of con-men with God in their mouths and the devil in their hearts.
Life is full of risks. Doesn’t mean I won’t drive my car or go to the bank.

Unless you are saying that faith literally manifests reality you are describing perception of truth or perception of reality.

I always believed the central lesson of all religions is to teach us to see ourselves as we really are and not lie to ourselves about who we are.

So you can see how what you wrote might work against that, right?

The better question is: What benefit is in a belief in God?

The benefit is believing in Jesus as our Savior means you're not an atheist. That means you'll receive not only short-term happiness, but long-term joy. Otherwise, you end up as an unhappy negative person like our OP.

I’ll settle for a sense of well being.

That's fine.

As long as you don't try and make it a requirement that others support your faith to be equal members in your society.

Or use your faith as a justification to indulge in illegal or immoral behaviour.

Unless you are saying that faith literally manifests reality you are describing perception of truth or perception of reality.

I always believed the central lesson of all religions is to teach us to see ourselves as we really are and not lie to ourselves about who we are.

Mathew 21:21

Mathew 21:21
As always the will of the Father will be done.

We can’t always see the wisdom of his ways.

Nor understand the methods he employs.

Nor understand the lesson he is teaching.

The only thing I can truly count on and understand and have faith in is that all things work for good.

It’s enough for me.

That's fine.

As long as you don't try and make it a requirement that others support your faith to be equal members in your society.

Or use your faith as a justification to indulge in illegal or immoral behaviour.
Worry about yourself not imposing your will on others as you admonish me about not imposing my will on others as you attempt to impose your will upon me while I wasn’t imposing my will upon others.

Fair enough?

That's fine.

Worry about yourself not imposing your will on others as you admonish me about not imposing my will on others as you attempt to impose your will upon me while I wasn’t imposing my will upon others.

Fair enough?

Good one, Ding.

I guess I'm an agnostic, because like someone said above, who's to know for sure. One thing I am certain about is, I don't believe that a god that would create imperfect beings and then punish them eternally for being imperfect isn't worthy of worship.

That's fine.

Fair enough?

"i" or do you call it "j"?

Forum List

Back