Does big government equal social justice???

You dont get to pretend you know what they would think.

They left us the ability to change this government to fit modern times.

I don't know about big government, but I'd certainly agree that good government equals the best option for social justice. The real debate lies in what constitutes good government.

The real issue is when does perceived Social Justice conflict with Perceived True Justice in relation to Private Property Rights? When is it okay to take beyond the Trust? Where does it end, once the barrier is breached?

Civil Disobedience (Thoreau) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"That government is best which governs least"

An aphorism sometimes attributed to either Thomas Jefferson or Thomas Paine, "That government is best which governs least", actually was first found in this essay.[15] Thoreau was paraphrasing the motto of The United States Magazine and Democratic Review: "The best government is that which governs least."[16]

Big government is the only modern day counter to the evils of of unfettered capitalism. Americans have gotten to lazy and afraid to counter it themselves with labor strikes and protests. And far too many lazy minded Americans only receive their political and social guidance from talk radio and Fox News. So if it is not government countering the evil corrupted greed, than who? God needs warriors to fight Evil, and if that means a strong central government, than so be it.

Maybe you could get a group together with pitchforks and torches and hunt them down instead.

Using AMENDMENTS, not judical fiat, or laws contrary to the original text of the consitution.

I am not pretending I know what they think, I am offering an OPINION, something you cant seem to handle, if the opinion is different than yours.

Another bull shit right wing line

In your opinion, which, of course, is the opinion of an utter moron.

I've taken craps that have more debate skills and reasoning ability than you have.

Aw a personal insult instead of facts or real thought.

Im not surprized

You pointing out a lack of fact or thought is like Hitler denouncing Pol Pot for genocide.

GODWINS LAW FOR THE WIN

Also,

butthurt2.jpg

Social justice is the way to ensure everyone gets an even break.

You are not, and should not be afforded any such thing.... you should only be afforded the freedom to succeed or fail... not some get out of jail free card... not some 'break' to coddle you and the situation your choices, efforts, gumption, etc has put you in...

Using AMENDMENTS, not judical fiat, or laws contrary to the original text of the consitution.

I am not pretending I know what they think, I am offering an OPINION, something you cant seem to handle, if the opinion is different than yours.

Handle?

Im handling your miscomceptions about our country just fine.

I don't know about big government, but I'd certainly agree that good government equals the best option for social justice. The real debate lies in what constitutes good government.

Less gubmint is good gubmint, but you can't convince the big gubmint folks of that. They like big gubmint teats.

With Truthmatters, if you disagree with her (partisan and moronic) views, you are a liar. Interesting... because she is actually a liar.

more personal bullshit in the face of facts.

Your small government crap was not from the founders was it?

Civil Disobedience (Thoreau) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"That government is best which governs least"

An aphorism sometimes attributed to either Thomas Jefferson or Thomas Paine, "That government is best which governs least", actually was first found in this essay.[15] Thoreau was paraphrasing the motto of The United States Magazine and Democratic Review: "The best government is that which governs least."[16]

Who did you righties think this quote was from?

Does big government equal social justice???

Does small government equal social justice?

Define social justice.

I take it to mean

The fair and proper administration of laws conforming to the natural law that all persons, irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, possessions, race, religion, etc., are to be treated equally and without prejudice.

How big of a government do we need to accomplish this end?

Last edited:
Big government is the only modern day counter to the evils of of unfettered capitalism. Americans have gotten to lazy and afraid to counter it themselves with labor strikes and protests. And far too many lazy minded Americans only receive their political and social guidance from talk radio and Fox News. So if it is not government countering the evil corrupted greed, than who? God needs warriors to fight Evil, and if that means a strong central government, than so be it.

going to be damn hard to have a STRONG central government when 50% of you leeches don't contribute..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.
Paine, Thomas

Forum List

Back