Modern American Prosperity is only for those who have already prospered.

MiddleClass

Moderate American
Aug 26, 2011
Delaware
Modern American Prosperity is only for those who have already prospered. Such as a time prior to the great deeds of Presidents Teddy and Franklin Roosevelt:

From Theodore Roosevelt > State of the Union 1905
Yet, while not merely admitting, but insisting upon this, it is also true that where there is no governmental restraint or supervision some of the exceptional men use their energies not in ways that are for the common good, but in ways which tell against this common good. The fortunes amassed through corporate organization are now so large, and vest such power in those that wield them, as to make it a matter of necessity to give to the sovereign--that is, to the Government, which represents the people as a whole--some effective power of supervision over their corporate use. In order to insure a healthy social and industrial life, every big corporation should be held responsible by, and be accountable to, some sovereign strong enough to control its conduct. I am in no sense hostile to corporations. This is an age of combination, and any effort to prevent all combination will be not only useless, but in the end vicious, because of the contempt for law which the failure to enforce law inevitably produces. We should, moreover, recognize in cordial and ample fashion the immense good effected by corporate agencies in a country such as ours, and the wealth of intellect, energy, and fidelity devoted to their service, and therefore normally to the service of the public, by their officers and directors. The corporation has come to stay, just as the trade union has come to stay. Each can do and has done great good. Each should be favored so long as it does good. But each should be sharply checked where it acts against law and justice.
:clap2:

pendulum.gif

I guess Dead Presidents don't matter anymore?

Go hang yourself in some seedy bathroom.

You will always feel like a loser

You will always be a loser.

Instead of trying to bring everyone else down, do the honorable thing

Evil is as Evil posts, and that was one Evil post of yours - you are going to Hell:evil:

btw, your post has been reported:eusa_whistle:

I guess Dead Presidents don't matter anymore?

Go hang yourself in some seedy bathroom.

You will always feel like a loser

You will always be a loser.

Instead of trying to bring everyone else down, do the honorable thing

Evil is as Evil posts, and that was one Evil post of yours - you are going to Hell:evil:

btw, your post has been reported:eusa_whistle:

LOL

You reported me for giving you career advise?

There's not really a whole lot of guidance in that TR. quote.. Says nothing about the GOVT FUNDING and SUBSIDIZING corporations. Or picking winners and losers. Nor does it define proper meddling in their wage scales, benefits or pensions.. Seems like the GOVT has THEIR OWN problems defining wages, pensions and benefits and doesn't speak from competence on those issues. Which is why MOST union workers today are IN GOVT and need protection from the GOVT itself..

Kinda really a snooze kind of quote....

Instead of trolling here on USMB with your many threads, bitching and complaining like you do ... why don't you get out there and find and make your own prosperity. If you're that unhappy financially, do something to change it!

Isn't it obvious how the rich are keeping him down?

Instead of trolling here on USMB with your many threads, bitching and complaining like you do ... why don't you get out there and find and make your own prosperity. If you're that unhappy financially, do something to change it!

MC must have a garage or a local bar where he can go and pursue his prosperity. Others have done it and quite well

Jobs and Gates came up with Mircrosoft in a Garage.

Facebook came out of college dorm I think.

Anyone know where they dreamed up Google??

Hell if these folks can do it. So can MC.

Give it a shot there Middle Class so we don't have to listen to you whine about everything.

MC must have a garage or a local bar where he can go and pursue his prosperity. Others have done it and quite well

Give it a shot there Middle Class so we don't have to listen to you whine about everything.

Sure, that was then, this is now.

He's being repressed, I can see it from here

You need a garage to start a business in your garage, see the flaw in your advise?

Last edited:

You're assuming MC has the intelligence that's required. I have my doubts.

Why don't the whole lot of you acknowledge and engage what Roosevelt said, instead of trying to make yourselves feel superior by popping shit about MC?

Like I've said before, if excuses would feed the useless their belly would always be full.

The power amassed through government organization is now so large, and vest such power in those that wield them, as to make it a matter of necessity to give to the sovereign--that is, to the People--some effective power of supervision over their use.

There, fixed Teddy to bring him to the year 2011

Like I've said before, if excuses would feed the useless their belly would always be full.

Statements like these come only from people who don't 'Get it.'

What happens when you have 10 nuggets of food in with 10 rats? What happens when you take 5 of those away?

More competition for depleted resources means 1. Everyone has to work harder for less and 2. Mathematically there are more losers regardless of behavior of the participants.

But do keep blaming the victims.

Dicks.

Statements like these come only from people who don't 'Get it.'

What happens when you have 10 nuggets of food in with 10 rats? What happens when you take 5 of those away?

More competition for depleted resources means 1. Everyone has to work harder for less and 2. Mathematically there are more losers regardless of behavior of the participants.

But do keep blaming the victims.

Dicks.

I get it "dick". I've left my family for months at a time to go where the required "nuggets" are to support my family. Sitting around crying in your cereal waiting for uncle Sam to support you won't do fuck alll for ya.

Forum List

Back