Does bho get re-elected in 2012? Why? Why-not?

Unemployment numbers will tell the story.If the unemployment number is close to where it is now i don't think he gets re elected.He will not be able to convince the independents he can make anything better after his first term if the jobs numbers are not significantly better.

He gets away with telling his sheep that he's done such a wonderful job but those that live in the world of reality know that the stimulus bill was a huge disaster.Our Borders are wide open to illegals coming over.This nonsense with cap and tax will put us deeper into this fake recovery.

The Health Care Bill is a bust.He should have spent his time to date on the economy and jobs end of story.

I will be surprised if he gets rewarded with another term after his first was so bad.

Again this is based on the unemployment numbers being close to where it is today.

Got to agree with you.
When your neighbor loses their job, it's a recession.
When you lose your job, it's a depression.
When Obama loses his job, it's a RECOVERY.

I don't care what would have happened to GM... There should have never been a bail out. Give me 10 million bucks and I can turn a profit in a few hours.

Every car maker in America was thankful that GM didn't go under. It probably would have ended the Auto industry in this country.

"Probably." But there is a 100% chance that you have no real idea.

Did you hear, Obama saved us from the Great Depression 2.0... Probably...

BTW what’s it like being the party that supports big evil companies and the bail out of rich people?

Well using the Depression as a model for waiting to long to react to catastrophe, I'd say it was a good heads up. And while nothing is 100% certain, history does show what could happen under similar circumstances. I'm reasonably sure that if nothing was done, things would have been a whole lot worse..and on a world wide scale.

Am I happy that the TARP came with no consequences (Indeed, many got insanely wealthy off the collapse), absolutely not. A lot of heads should have rolled for that one. But if doing nothing was the alternative..I go with TARP any day of the week.

One more year of this economy and hi unemployment spells doom for O, especially if Romney is nominated.

Where are them jobs the teabagger/repubs have been promising?

I do not recall the GOP promising jobs
as I recall the promise was to stop the bleeding
which there trying to as I see it

Jobs/the economy was the GOP's central message in 2010. And now that they've won, the ignore that to focus on reams of anti-abortion bills.

Every car maker in America was thankful that GM didn't go under. It probably would have ended the Auto industry in this country.

BTW what’s it like being the party that supports big evil companies and the bail out of rich people?

Well using the Depression as a model for waiting to long to react to catastrophe, I'd say it was a good heads up. And while nothing is 100% certain, history does show what could happen under similar circumstances. I'm reasonably sure that if nothing was done, things would have been a whole lot worse..and on a world wide scale.

Am I happy that the TARP came with no consequences (Indeed, many got insanely wealthy off the collapse), absolutely not. A lot of heads should have rolled for that one. But if doing nothing was the alternative..I go with TARP any day of the week.

Funny enough we are seeing the GD over again if you follow history... A call for the cut of spending and a demand on waiting until the market corrects itself goes once again ignored. The Depression of 1919 (area) took 1 year or 1.5 years to correct itself with cutting spending, lowering taxes but that Depression does not count...

No, we compare the Great Depression to today without any mention of the fact that despite 12 years of massive spending and many unconstitutional law (sound familiar) at no point even got close to ending the GD.

In this case:
Hoover = Bush
FDR = Obama

We are needing a Harding/Coolidge... You know, the guys that can actually end a depression before they die 12 years later and have many of their policies repealed.

Let’s not talk about Real Conservative, no let’s talk about Reagan as a deficit, tax raising corporate loving big spender… then blame his policies as to some of the main reasons the country is bankrupt... Then defend Obama for being like Reagan...

It's a fuckin LOL world out there these days.

When gas hits $4.00 a gallon (which is very soon), then goes higher and stays there, all bets are on for the 2012 election which will seem perceptually light years away.

Where are them jobs the teabagger/repubs have been promising?

I do not recall the GOP promising jobs
as I recall the promise was to stop the bleeding
which there trying to as I see it

Jobs/the economy was the GOP's central message in 2010. And now that they've won, the ignore that to focus on reams of anti-abortion bills.

No, in fact is was not... I tripple dog dare you to find where it was a "central message."

The Reps ran of repealing Obamacare (they passed the bill in the house)

The Reps ran off trying to make a job building economy by the repeal of some Obama/Bush policies.

There was no talk of a stimulus like jobs bill like you are trying to make it sound. Pay attention to politics or don't, but don't come here making shit up on the spot as if it's true. Oh and believe it or not, congress can do more than 1 thing at a time... And no, I don't agree the Government should pay for abortions but I am pro choice.

The entire message was jobs. Hell, they entitled the health care reform repeal bill "Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act".

Funny enough we are seeing the GD over again if you follow history... A call for the cut of spending and a demand on waiting until the market corrects itself goes once again ignored. The Depression of 1919 (area) took 1 year or 1.5 years to correct itself with cutting spending, lowering taxes but that Depression does not count...

No, we compare the Great Depression to today without any mention of the fact that despite 12 years of massive spending and many unconstitutional law (sound familiar) at no point even got close to ending the GD.

In this case:
Hoover = Bush
FDR = Obama

We are needing a Harding/Coolidge... You know, the guys that can actually end a depression before they die 12 years later and have many of their policies repealed.

Let’s not talk about Real Conservative, no let’s talk about Reagan as a deficit, tax raising corporate loving big spender… then blame his policies as to some of the main reasons the country is bankrupt... Then defend Obama for being like Reagan...

I love when Harding and Coolidge get trotted out in these kind of discussions. Why, because their policies were part of what caused the Great Depression. The let clever financial industry insiders start playing around with "short selling" the market, they let huge monopolies and robber barons rule the roost and they deprived American workers of any avenue of negotiating with the captains of capitalism. These kinds of policies insured that America would remain the little backwater it had been. Because of FDR we have many amazing feats of American Engineering that has become vital infrastructure and a solid Middle Class.

I Think no way
deficit spending is one thing but deficit spending with no results is the thing

The UAW bailout is a skeleton in the closet

It's possible. If the Republicans can get spending under control, the economy might actually recover and the independents may want to maintain the status quo. He's a liar and perhaps the least transparent President in recent memory, but that didn't stop Clinton from getting reelected in 1996. My hunch is that Hillary will get her chance to run in 2012 and then Obama will be relegated to a tiny footnote in history. (He is, after all, African American which counts for a lot.)

The entire message was jobs. Hell, they entitled the health care reform repeal bill "Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act".

Correct... Repealing Obamacare is not a Bill... Defunding is not a Bill.

You made up a “jobs bill” because you're a *probably* a liberal and if you are then you are what you hate.
Now you can attack Republicans for making some sort of (un-definable by you) "jobs bill" when only moments before the election where Reps took the house you feverishly defended any "jobs bill" that was fatted out Obama's ass.

Tell us all more about this “Jobs Bill” that has to do with keeping taxes low and repealing Obamacare and cutting overall spending?

An environment for privet sector growth through low taxes and market certain is now a "Jobs Bill...

In this case:
Hoover = Bush
FDR = Obama

I love when Harding and Coolidge get trotted out in these kind of discussions. Why, because their policies were part of what caused the Great Depression. The let clever financial industry insiders start playing around with "short selling" the market, they let huge monopolies and robber barons rule the roost and they deprived American workers of any avenue of negotiating with the captains of capitalism. These kinds of policies insured that America would remain the little backwater it had been. Because of FDR we have many amazing feats of American Engineering that has become vital infrastructure and a solid Middle Class.

So Harding and Coolidge created these monopolies through deregulation you say? Or maybe it's the lesions were inevitable as the Banking regulation was not yet in place... Hmmm.

Also you seem to again forget Harding got the US out of a depression in like wtf record time while FDR helped people starve in the streets while stopping farmers from growing food.

The point was to let the markets correct themselves, like they did in the first Depression. Why does Harding get ZERO credit for beating the holy shit out of a Depression in about 1 year while FDR gets God like status for failling for 12? The fact that Hoover waited 6 months to act really means you gave Harding Coolidge's markets 6 months to correct themselves but you give FDR who expanded Hoovers policies 12 fuckin years of failed policy.

I don't think Harding nor Coolidge were perfect people by any means, but FDR was a sick fucking man who destroyed millions of peoples lives but he proved if you play the "I care/feel good" card you can get away with near anything.

Last edited:
At this point he has exactly 50% odds of winning. No more, no less. I hope he loses, but I won't lose any sleep if he is re-elected. He is not the boogy man and if he does win, he will be hamstrung by a Republican controlled Congress. Last time we had that combo it worked out pretty good .......

Correct... Repealing Obamacare is not a Bill... Defunding is not a Bill.

You made up a “jobs bill” because you're a *probably* a liberal and if you are then you are what you hate.
Now you can attack Republicans for making some sort of (un-definable by you) "jobs bill" when only moments before the election where Reps took the house you feverishly defended any "jobs bill" that was fatted out Obama's ass.

Tell us all more about this “Jobs Bill” that has to do with keeping taxes low and repealing Obamacare and cutting overall spending?

An environment for privet sector growth through low taxes and market certain is now a "Jobs Bill...

You'll find no statement by me saying the Republicans campaigned on passing a jobs bill. You're fighting a strawman.

Can the kenyan win reelection? Hell, the real question is, can he even run? Kind of looking like he's going to actually have to come up with a "REAL" birth certificate if he's planning on running for a second term. His free ride on the fraud he pulled the first time is over. That won't happen again.

Game-changer! Arizona to pass 2012 eligibility law

no, he fails at EVERYTHING.

I wish. If he had failed at alot of his policy efforts, this nation wouldnt be nearly half as bad. It's because he's had success implimenting his policies that things have gotten so bad. Because his policies are detrimental to the nation.

I Think no way
deficit spending is one thing but deficit spending with no results is the thing

The UAW bailout is a skeleton in the closet

I agree, but for different reasons.

The stimulus included massive tax cuts. Massive. And much of the spending was gobbled up by the states so they could keep their governments going. Republican governors gobbled it up. Bush caused the greatest financial meltdown in our lifetime. People who think you can destroy housing and banking, and then contain unemployment, or clean things up in 4 years or even a 8 are crazy. America does not understand how bad things are. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Factor in rising oil prices and the game is over. Wait until gas hits $6. If you think foreclosures and unemployment are high now, you ain't seen nothing yet. The country is about to pay the biggest price of all for choosing Reagan's oil vision over Carter's. It's hilarious to see how naive Republicans are about this. The Obama years are going to look like a walk in the park compared to what is coming.

Obama should fail not for disappointing the right, but the left. He became a rubber stamp for Bush policies, foreign and domestic. They should call him the tax cut president. He should face a primary challenge from the left. He is sugar daddy to Wall Street, Heal Insurance, and the Pentagon. He is far to the Right of Nixon and Eisenhower.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's way too early to tell-a lot can happen in two years. Nobody on either side should be counting their chickens. With that said I think if the election was held today-Obama would win.

To beat Obama you need something the Republicans/Tea Party don't have - a creditable alternate.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back