Does Being A Night Owl Affect Your Health?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I am currently on SSI and working on a place to live with my fiancee and getting married. Right now neither of us have jobs or children so we don't feel that there's any need to get up early, but I was told that this could affect my health since I don't get my exercise as much as I used to even though I'm going outside after dinner.

I was also reading that going to bed late and sleeping late can cause migraines, high blood pressure, diabetes, and even early death but I don't know anybody else that that's happened to and I don't know what to believe.

I get migraines occasionally, but I didn't think that was the cause. I'm going to the doctor in November for my annual checkup so obvious I'll ask him, but I want to know if this is actually true or just a bunch of paranoid people saying and writing these things.

How about waking up multiple times a week due to a migraine associated with a suspected brain aneurysm? It is not just the pain but the lack of sleep and difficulty goiing back to sleep.

Last edited:
I am currently on SSI and working on a place to live with my fiancee and getting married. Right now neither of us have jobs or children so we don't feel that there's any need to get up early, but I was told that this could affect my health since I don't get my exercise as much as I used to even though I'm going outside after dinner.

I was also reading that going to bed late and sleeping late can cause migraines, high blood pressure, diabetes, and even early death but I don't know anybody else that that's happened to and I don't know what to believe.

I get migraines occasionally, but I didn't think that was the cause. I'm going to the doctor in November for my annual checkup so obvious I'll ask him, but I want to know if this is actually true or just a bunch of paranoid people saying and writing these things.
We're obviously not naturally nocturnal because our eyes have evolved as a diurnal creature's eyes. Our skin also produces a lot of vitamin D when exposed to sunlight. And vitamin D is essential for good health.

So you may suffer from a vitamin D deficiency, which could very possibly be the cause of your headaches.

Also, oftentimes a reversal of sleep patterns can be caused by liver damage. If the liver cannot convert ammonia into urea fast enough it accumulates in the blood and that ammonia causes a chemical imbalance in your brain that can cause a reversal of sleep patterns and other odd behaviors.

Naw.....

I've been staying up late and sleeping late now since 1999, and haven't even had a real job since then. I sleep when I get tired and eat when I get hungry. It's stress and diet you should probably worry about. And smoking and drinking, which is probably what'll get my ass.

But at least I haven't done any drugs since 2007. :04:

How a out waking up multiple times a.week due to a migraine associated with a suspected brain aneurysm? It is not just the pan but the lack of sleep and dfficulty goiing back to sleep.

Well I don't get migraines that often but every so often I do. I didn't think that was related to not getting enough vitamin D though.

Sometimes it isn’t practical to tell someone not to be up all night.

Millions of nurses and police officers and others who actually work essential jobs are needed 24/7.

The inessential 9-5 office drones will never understand that

Get a job already.

Bro, you need to get off the internet and focus on yourself.
Ssi
No job
No home
Marriage???
Staying up all night

Your priorities are wack

Bro, you need to get off the internet and focus on yourself.
Ssi
No job
No home
Marriage???
Staying up all night

Your priorities are wack

I actually am trying the best I can but things are out of whack right now and complicated. I also have special needs so life isn't easy for me. Please stay on topic though.

Oh and I have a place I'm temporarily staying right now.

Forum List

Back