Does anyone have a copy of the GOP "Census Imitating" letter?

Nope, just the point of it being legal but still a scam.

Being legal often has nothing to do with what is right.

how is it a scam? they make a product and people willingly pay the difference....its called business and percieved value....by calling it a scam, you're blaming the amish

your analogy doesn't work at all. seems to me the pubs know and intended to fool some people, while apparently it is clear it is not from the government, i don't think we should mess with government forms like that. i also think it sends a poor message, that repubs need to try and fool people to get them to respond to a letter. making a letter appear like something it is not, is not analogous to a business creating a product and then selling it at a higher rate. it just might be the amish heaters last longer etc....or the intrinsic value of buying something amish made.

Partisan hack alert.
Keep the limp squids on standby.

? good lord you're an idiot

I have to see it before tomorrow when my hippie co-workers are bashing my nazi co-workers with this GOP secret mailing thing the Associated Press is bringing up.

GOP sends letter appearing to be from census bureau

By STEVEN K. PAULSON, Associated Press Writer Steven K. Paulson, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 16 mins ago

DENVER – The Republican Party is seeking input and money from GOP voters — seemingly under the guise of the U.S. Census Bureau.

"Strengthening our Party for the 2010 elections is going to take a massive grassroots effort all across America. That is why I have authorized a Census to be conducted of every Congressional District in the country," GOP Chairman Michael Steele says in a letter mailed nationwide.

Paulson and anyone else who confuses this with the national census is a complete friggin' idiot. Or, a partisan hack. Either way, they're Dimocrats.

The following is clearly written at the top of my questionaire:

"SPECIAL NOTICE: You have been selected to represent Republican voters in Michigan's
3rd Congressional District. Enclosed please find documents registered in your name."

"2010 CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT CENSUS
Commissioned by the Republican Party"

"...the Republican Party is conducting a Census of Congressional Districts all across America."

Written at the top of Steele's cover letter:

"2010 Congressional District Census

Nice try, fools!

The idiots who send in money thinking they "have" are the same idiots who send money in response to the Nigerian email scams.

-TSO

Oldersters will be less likely to trash it.....

The RNC. Preying or praying?
Speak for yourself.

It is plainly marked as coming from the Republican National Committee and is signed by its chairman.

The "real" census forms will come from ACORN, along with a $10 bill and it will be machine-signed by Barack Obama under a glossy color photo of him and Michelle, with their two offspring...along with a note that says, "Vote early...vote often...and don't forget who sent you this money! Love, Barry"

I'll be taking a census on USMB later this year. Look for a PM that says "OFFICIAL CENSUS FORM" in the subject slot.

Last edited:
Like I said, there is no law against being stupid. If you read that letter and think it is from the US Census, in spite of the large letters, words, and pictures to the contrary, you're an idiot.

For you people and you people only!! I have some LAND I would like to show you! That's right LAND!!!! They ain't making any more of it!! By the way, if you needed to raise cash in hurry, say in the next 24 hours or you'd die, how much could you write a good check for, in a life and death situation? When can we meet?

Last edited:
"Strengthening our Party for the 2010 elections is going to take a massive grassroots effort all across America. That is why I have authorized a Census to be conducted of every Congressional District in the country," GOP Chairman Michael Steele says in a letter mailed nationwide.

I didn't realize that Michael Steele was responsible for authorizing the Census.

Why even mention the Census? Has that terminology been used in past years? If not, why not? Why this year...a census year?

because when you count people it's called a census?

Really, all the time when you count people, it's called a census? Not...a survey? Not...a poll?

Anyone want to explain the use of the Proper noun, Census....instead of census?

Last edited:
It caused quite the bit of embarrassment to the one issue voters at work.

Using the term census is dishonest. If not, I have a mass mailing I'm going to mail out with the same titles asking folks to send information and money back to my PO Box. Let's see if I go to jail for mail fraud.

The GOP should have better things to do. Like think of some way of telling states they don't have the right to regulate insurance within their borders.

I have thought a common sense license would be a good thing. Get licensed for that first, then we can consider a driver's license or other license, degree or certification.

I have to see it before tomorrow when my hippie co-workers are bashing my nazi co-workers with this GOP secret mailing thing the Associated Press is bringing up.

GOP sends letter appearing to be from census bureau

By STEVEN K. PAULSON, Associated Press Writer Steven K. Paulson, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 16 mins ago

DENVER – The Republican Party is seeking input and money from GOP voters — seemingly under the guise of the U.S. Census Bureau.

Paulson and anyone else who confuses this with the national census is a complete friggin' idiot. Or, a partisan hack. Either way, they're Dimocrats.

The following is clearly written at the top of my questionaire:

"SPECIAL NOTICE: You have been selected to represent Republican voters in Michigan's
3rd Congressional District. Enclosed please find documents registered in your name."

"2010 CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT CENSUS

"...the Republican Party is conducting a Census of Congressional Districts all across America."

Written at the top of Steele's cover letter:

"2010 Congressional District Census

Nice try, fools!

Unfortunately, many people have never seen what a government Census Form looks like. Unfortunately, there are far more stupid people in America than those smart enough to realize that form isn't it.

Why even mention the Census? Has that terminology been used in past years? If not, why not? Why this year...a census year?

Reading the letter, it appears to me to be an attempt to get a jump on redistricting strategy which DOES happen AFTER the official census records are tallied. I wonder if Steele consulted Tom DeLay before sending this out.

"Strengthening our Party for the 2010 elections is going to take a massive grass-roots effort all across America. That is why I have authorized a Census to be conducted of every Congressional District in the country," GOP Chairman Michael Steele says in a letter mailed nationwide.

Really, all the time when you count people, it's called a census? Not...a survey? Not...a poll?

Anyone want to explain the use of the Proper noun, Census....instead of census?

A survey or poll counts the positions or opinions or actions of people... not a count of the people/populous.. that is indeed a census

just sayin'

Long as we admit it was meant to mislead idiots and the occasional regular person who doesn't pay attention.

EVERY once in awhile I click the wrong link on a web page or something after all.

Oh, and by all means I don't think all or even most Republicans support that kind of scam. There are plenty of honest, good meaning reasons to be Republican.

Just interesting the media isn't all over it.

Forum List

Back