Does anyone have a copy of the GOP "Census Imitating" letter?

because when you count people it's called a census?

Really, all the time when you count people, it's called a census? Not...a survey? Not...a poll?

Anyone want to explain the use of the Proper noun, Census....instead of census?

A survey or poll counts the positions or opinions or actions of people... not a count of the people/populous.. that is indeed a census

just sayin'

No, it isn't a census......it's a Census, and there is only one of those. But, I enjoy your gymnastics.

Really, all the time when you count people, it's called a census? Not...a survey? Not...a poll?

Anyone want to explain the use of the Proper noun, Census....instead of census?

A survey or poll counts the positions or opinions or actions of people... not a count of the people/populous.. that is indeed a census

just sayin'

No, it isn't a census......it's a Census, and there is only one of those. But, I enjoy your gymnastics.

No.. that is THE Census... in reference to the official US census conducted by the government for governmental use....

A census is indeed a count of the people/populous

Try actually understanding the word definition sometimes

Nice try

Again.. A survey or poll is about the opinions, stances, actions, etc of a select group of people... a census is a count OF the people/populous

One day it may sink in

just sayin'

No.. that is THE Census... in reference to the official US census conducted by the government for governmental use....

Nice try

Again.. A survey or poll is about the opinions, stances, actions, etc of a select group of people... a census is a count OF the people/populous

One day it may sink in

No, it is not a census, it is a Census....you are aware of what a proper noun is, right? And I am not the only one to notice the use of capital letters. But, go on with your gymnastics too....get a few more, we can have a meet.

Nice try

One day it may sink in

No, it is not a census, it is a Census....you are aware of what a proper noun is, right? And I am not the only one to notice the use of capital letters. But, go on with your gymnastics too....get a few more, we can have a meet.

No.. YOU are wrong

The term 'census' CAN be used as a proper noun when referring to THE census which is used as a tool by our government...

Try actually understanding the definition and the fact the census is a word and term that has been used well before THE census to describe the counting of people or a populous

But nice try

Poll Definition | Definition of Poll at Dictionary.com
Survey Definition | Definition of Survey at Dictionary.com
Census Definition | Definition of Census at Dictionary.com

Hmm, I live in Westchester, and I got a postcard in the mail labeled 2010 Census. I haven't looked at it yet.

I wonder if it's related?

Anyway.. back on topic...

I believe I got something in a mailing from the RNC a couple weeks ago.. but I was in no way confused as to what it was.... the envelope showed it was from the RNC... it had questions about people in the household, etc.... and it clearly had about a whole page asking for donations directly to the RNC.... and though I am a registered R (so I can vote in a primary), I do not donate money to the RNC, so I promptly threw it away without a second thought.. .and frankly never thought of it as controversial

Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., asked the Postal Service to investigate complaints about the letters in December and was rebuffed. Ken Currier, manager of government relations for the postal service, said it's clear the document was not from the government.

GOP sends letter appearing to be census form - Yahoo! News

It is also clear that the Amish heaters are virtually no more efficient than any other electric heater of the same electircal consumption rating.

People still buy them though at 300-500 a pop.

it has republican this and republican that all over it....how could anyone not know what its purpose is it says it in the first paragarpah....

Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., asked the Postal Service to investigate complaints about the letters in December and was rebuffed. Ken Currier, manager of government relations for the postal service, said it's clear the document was not from the government.

It is also clear that the Amish heaters are virtually no more efficient than any other electric heater of the same electircal consumption rating.

it has republican this and republican that all over it....how could anyone not know what its purpose is it says it in the first paragarpah....

Well all those oldsters on medicare did not want the govt running their healthcare either :)

BECAUSE a lot of people don't have a clue what the Constitutionally mandated 10-year REAL Census is all about and that THIS is the year for the head count. While they may have vaguely been aware of it, I'm willing to bet most people haven't paid much attention to its machinations. Hopefully they will have brains enough to at least realize that it isn't the Republican National Committee that handles the Census.

Forum List

Back