Zone1 Does anyone else here believe (as I do) that ALL who ever lived will live forever with God in his kingdom?

Remember the Catholic teaching on hell: It is a choice where one chooses to be with God or to be eternal separated from God.
There is no "eternal separation" from God. That's a lie straight out of Satan's mouth.

Have you studied the etymology of 'eternal' and the words from which it was translated?
Yes. Bible authors have repeatedly mistranslated the original Greek words into "eternal" or "everlasting" when, in fact, the original meaning was for a period of time.

Let's look at how the vaunted King James Version translates Matthew 25:46 and then let's look at a proper translation.

Matthew 25:46 KJV
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 25:46 Concordant Literal New Testament (CLNT)
46 And these shall be coming away into chastening eonian, yet the just into life eonian."

Yes. Bible authors have repeatedly mistranslated the original Greek words into "eternal" or "everlasting" when, in fact, the original meaning was for a period of time.
Yes but more specifically, an uncountable time period, or another explanation an unknowable time period. Depends on the context. And, at times, it can mean with no beginning or end.

Yes but more specifically, an uncountable time period, or another explanation an unknowable time period. Depends on the context. And, at times, it can mean with no beginning or end.
The eons all have a beginning and an end. God works on us through ages. They have a beginning and an end. Do you know what must happen for the ages to culminate?

The eons all have a beginning and an end. God works on us through ages. They have a beginning and an end. Do you know what must happen for the ages to culminate?
God is described as eternal, always was, no beginning, no end. Jesus mentioned the eternal fire meant for certain angels. I find it interesting that he said the fire was eternal, but did not seem to indicate the same for those enduring the fire.

One of the purposes of fire is to purify

Most Christians reject that belief, in spite of the strong biblical argument for universal reconciliation. Do you share my belief? If not, why not?
What do you believe living forever with God in his kingdom is like?

We know for sure everyone will get an answer one way or the other. All you have to do is die.

What do you believe living forever with God in his kingdom is like?
Jesus told us that the eye has not seen and the ear has not heard the amazing things that he has awaiting us. Whatever we think is the greatest thing here on Earth undoubtedly doesn't remotely compare to what awaits us in Heaven. I imagine there is beauty, peace, love, endless riches, and unimaginable fun and joy.

Jesus mentioned the eternal fire meant for certain angels.
Are you referring to this?

Matthew 25:41 CLNT
41 "Then shall He be declaring to those also at His left, 'Go from Me, you cursed, into the fire eonian, made ready for the Adversary and his messengers.

Are you referring to this?

Matthew 25:41 CLNT
41 "Then shall He be declaring to those also at His left, 'Go from Me, you cursed, into the fire eonian, made ready for the Adversary and his messengers.
Yes

Jesus told us that the eye has not seen and the ear has not heard the amazing things that he has awaiting us. Whatever we think is the greatest thing here on Earth undoubtedly doesn't remotely compare to what awaits us in Heaven. I imagine there is beauty, peace, love, endless riches, and unimaginable fun and joy.
That’s sure sounds nice. I hope you get there someday!

That’s sure sounds nice. I hope you get there someday!
I'll be there the day I die, even though I'm an asshole. Jesus came to save assholes like me. He saves everyone from forever death, but he doesn't save everyone from taking a trip to Hell, but eventually they too will go to Heaven, according to the Bible.

It is very difficult to gain entry into heaven. Very difficult.
Jesus said--Enter through the narrow gate, for cramped is the road that leads off into life(be saved) FEW are the ones finding it. For MANY have entered the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction.
When Jesus' teachings do not match ones teachers-RUN FROM THEM.

Why would it be difficult?

It's difficult for rich people and for wicked people to go into Heaven. In this world they are served and catered to. In the hereafter they're going to suffer big time and for a long time, or so I believe, based on the scriptures.

Forum List

Back