Does a business that advertises itself as a gun free zone deserve to be attacked?

No. Nobody in that restaurant should be attacked. I'm already seeing some childish responses on the subject.

Nobody in that restaurant should be attacked due to the positions the establishment has on guns. So knock it off.

Agreed. Nobody should be attacked for any reason. But if a person is attacked in a gun-free zone, they have to blame themselves at least a little. I don't do business with places that have those signs on the window. That's not to say if I see one of those signs, I'm going to turn around and go home. But I know I won't go back to that business.

Does a business that advertises itself as a gun free zone deserve to be attacked?

Of course not.

On the other hand....

If a business advertises itself as a "Gun Free Zone" and puts up signs forbidding customers from bringing guns inside...

...and some whacko barges in, holds up the customers, and then shoots one....

..should that customer (or his next of kin) sue the business for depriving the customer of his right to defend himself and then failing to protect the unarmed customer, resulting in his injury or death?

Obviously the person most at fault is the whacko who pulled the trigger.

But does the business deserve at least some liability for what happened?

If a business forbids customers the right to carry the means to defend themselves, is the business then responsible for defending them instead?

We have a customer that has a worker with a part-time job as a CCW instructor. He told me one such case already happened. A man was attacked in the parking lot of a business with one of those signs, and the court ruled in favor of the complainant. I didn't look the case up or anything like that, so I'm assuming this guy knows what he's talking about.[/QUOTE
My second uncle cousin's daughter's aunt's good friend who isn't quite right in the head said that as well.

No. Nobody in that restaurant should be attacked. I'm already seeing some childish responses on the subject.

Nobody in that restaurant should be attacked due to the positions the establishment has on guns. So knock it off.

Agreed. Nobody should be attacked for any reason. But if a person is attacked in a gun-free zone, they have to blame themselves at least a little. I don't do business with places that have those signs on the window. That's not to say if I see one of those signs, I'm going to turn around and go home. But I know I won't go back to that business.
So with your dumb ass logic, if a person is attacked in a pro gun zone they should blame that. Your extreme idiocy is not helping gun rights advocates.

So with your dumb ass logic, if a person is attacked in a pro gun zone they should blame that. Your extreme idiocy is not helping gun rights advocates.

Idiocy is doing business that has a "WELCOME" sign to criminals. Most people with common sense understand that a criminal will commit crime in the easiest area to do so. Given a choice, a criminal will not elect to pick a place where they may end up injured or dead. They would rather commit crimes in places where everybody is a victim.

Idiocy is doing business that has a "WELCOME" sign to criminals. Most people with common sense understand that a criminal will commit crime in the easiest area to do so. Given a choice, a criminal will not elect to pick a place where they may end up injured or dead. They would rather commit crimes in places where everybody is a victim.
Your position is the same in reverse as someone that would blame a gun friendly zone or allowing carry for a gun crime. You would be better served promoting resposible gun ownership and reasonable carry laws (cant carry everywhere you want). Insisting guns be allowed everywhere is just going to piss people off and portray gun rights advocates as unreasonable.

Think about it. If you're a criminal looking for a place to rob, or a terrorist looking for a "soft" target, who do you think they're going to go after? A gun free sign is just asking for trouble. Isn't it?

The business does not deserve to be attacked, no more than the woman deserves to be raped...either by President clinton or the common thug rapist.....

However, they are showing to potential robbers that none of the customers will be able to interfere in the robbery, and that the risk they face in robbing that store is less than at a store that allows customers to carry guns inside....

Who would you rob?

Think about it. If you're a criminal looking for a place to rob, or a terrorist looking for a "soft" target, who do you think they're going to go after? A gun free sign is just asking for trouble. Isn't it?

Criminals don't give a shit about "gun free zones".
Perhaps a better idea would be "myth free zones".

actually, they do......they are rational to the point they want to survive and studies show they select victims based on how easy they think it will be to attack and succeed......mass shooters the same thing....those mass shooters who chose their target without regard to a past connection picked gun free targets.....and those who chose schools...the schools were already legally made gun free zones...so they didn't have to consider that in their equation.

Your position is the same in reverse as someone that would blame a gun friendly zone or allowing carry for a gun crime. You would be better served promoting resposible gun ownership and reasonable carry laws (cant carry everywhere you want). Insisting guns be allowed everywhere is just going to piss people off and portray gun rights advocates as unreasonable.

Wow....you didn't think that through....allowing guns in your business is not allowing crimes to take place...it is still against the law to rob a business....and a criminal who has a gun illegally has no right to carry that illegal gun into any business let alone walk down the street with it.

'deserve'? no, of course not
being an idiot doesn't mean you deserve to be killed.

lose business? yea, fuck you for being retarded.

The law of nature says being an idiot is a reason you deserve to be killed.
The law of reality says your fascist intentions are not tolerated

What fascist intentions?

Insurance companies should make them take those dumbass "shoot me I'll stand here like an idiot" signs down.

You know that you are an idiot, don't you?

It's funny that you don't What a huge idiot you are.

Isn't it, though?

Idiot.

Insurance companies should make them take those dumbass "shoot me I'll stand here like an idiot" signs down.

I don't know why someone hasn't sued places like that for $10 million dollars when their loved one got shot.

Learn how to put together a grammatically correct sentence you frothing-at-the-mouth, uneducated, bitter old man.

I don't think guns should be carried everywhere. I think a business owner has every say as to what goes in inside of their business and no government should interfere in that decision.

But I also know people in law enforcement. I know statistics. I know criminals as well. And as a CCW holder in my state, I know that people who legally carry weapons went through the same things I had to go through: a criminal background check, electronic fingerprinting, a ten hour course--8 of those hours spent studying laws, safety, safe gun handling and uses.

12278892_10153336945151872_1180242617052125407_n.png

Forum List

Back